Lancashire TelegraphMATCHDAY LIVE: Charlton Athletic v Blackburn Rovers (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

MATCHDAY LIVE: Charlton Athletic v Blackburn Rovers

This live event has finished

Latest

  • WELCOME to The Valley for Blackburn Rovers' must-win Championship match with Charlton Athletic. Keep up to date with the score with our matchday live blog.

4:57pm

Report to follow. Rovers will have a chance, albeit a small one, of making the play-offs on the last day.

4:57pm

FULL-TIME Charlton 1 Rovers 3.

4:52pm

Another chance goes begging, Rudy Gestede six yards out from Tom Cairney cross saved.

4:52pm

SUB for Rovers. Chris Taylor on, Craig Conway off.

4:51pm

Liam Feeney drags wide. Should have scored. And as things stand, Rovers need every goal they can get if they are to stand any chance of getting into the play-offs.

4:45pm

SUB for Rovers as Lee Williamson replaces Jordan Rhodes.

4:45pm

Marvin Sordell gets behind Grant Hanley but can't direct strike goalwards. Should have done better.

4:40pm

Good cross Liam Feeney and flashed Jordan Rhodes header gathered by Ben Hamer.

4:35pm

Johnnie Jackson curls a free kick inches over the bar.

4:35pm

SUB for Rovers as Josh Kings comes off to be replaced by Liam Feeney.

4:29pm

Swerving shot from distance calls Paul Robinson into action. End-to-end stuff.

4:27pm

Rovers threaten a fourth, more good play by Josh King ends with him firing in a shot which took a deflection - and from the resulting Craig Conway corner Rudy Gestede thumps a header against the angle of bar and post.

4:26pm

Great play by Tom Cairney and Josh King ends with the former tapping in after Jordan Rhodes sees an effort cleared off the line.

4:24pm

GOAL 3-1 Rovers. Tom Cainrey. 63 mins.

4:18pm

Craig Conway drives wide from 20 yards as Rovers bid to restore their two-goal advantage.

4:16pm

Charlton reduce the deficit within three minutes as Marvin Sordell, who missed that first-half penalty, curling a low shot past Paul Robinson from the edge of the box.

4:15pm

GOAL 1-2 Charlton. Marvin Sordell. 54 mins.

4:13pm

Craig Conway swings in one of his superb free-kick deliveries and Michael Keane expertly guides the ball into the back of the net with his head to give Rovers breathing space.

4:11pm

GOAL 2-0 Rovers. Michael Keane.

4:10pm

Better touch there from Callum Harriott and the Charlton winger could have been in.

4:06pm

Second half is under way. No changes for either side.

3:49pm

HALF-TIME Charlton 0 Rovers 1.

3:49pm

Craig Conway fires wide on the turn after another thrilling run from Josh King.

3:48pm

From resulting Craig Conway corner Michael Keane header easily gathered by Charlton keeper.

3:48pm

Two minutes of added time. Josh King once again a real threat.

3:44pm

Marvin Sordell, who won the penalty, sees his spot-kick saved by Paul Robinson, who guessed the right way. Rovers still lead.

3:43pm

PENALTY SAVED

3:42pm

Mistake from Matt Kilgallon compounded by Grant Hanley foul in the box on Marvin Sordell.

3:41pm

PENALTY Charlton.

3:40pm

BOOKED Morgan Fox for cynical tackle on Craig Conway who was away down the line. Apologies, Corry Evans did not get cautioned earlier. How I don't know.

3:38pm

Rovers could and possibly should be 2-0 up. Tom Cairney wins the ball mid-way in the Charlton half and plays in Josh King, who advances before dragging an angled shot just past the far post.

3:32pm

Good response by Charlton, Astrit Ajdarevic sending an overhead-kick wide. Paul Robinson had it covered.

3:30pm

All came from a brilliant challenge on the halfway line from captain Grant Hanley and ended with Josh King crossing to the back post where red-hot Rudy Gestede directed a downward past Ben Hamer at his post.

3:28pm

GOAL 1-0 Rovers. Rudy Gestede. 26 mins.

3:27pm

Jordan Rhodes is back on.

3:27pm

And there we have it. Tom Cairney flicks the ball to Rudy Gestede who then flicks it over the home defence for Jordan Rhodes who, bravely went for the ball with the out-rushing header, and nodded just wide. Defenders tracking back had it covered. Rhodes down injured. 23 mins. 0-0.

3:25pm

From a deep Johnnie Jackson corner Michael Morrison sends a looping header over. Still waiting for that first clear-cut chance.

3:23pm

Great cross from Markus Olsson would have found Rudy Gestede had it not been for an equally impressive clearance from Dorian Dervite.

3:19pm

Grant Hanley gives free kick away on the edge of the box but the resulting effort hit the Rovers wall. Hosts edging it.

3:14pm

Two pieces of good defending from Matt Killgallon denies Marvin Sordell a clear shot at goal.

3:10pm

Rovers have a corner. Neither keeper troubled yet.

3:03pm

We are under way.

3:00pm

Rovers have made two changes for this afternoon’s Championship clash with Charlton Athletic at The Valley – a clash they must win if they are to remain in with a chance of making the play-offs.

Fit-again duo Tom Cairney and Michael Keane return to Gary Bowyer’s starting line-up at the expense of Jason Lowe, who hurt his ankle in Monday’s 4-2 win at Birmingham City, and Todd Kane.

Charlton: Hamer, Solly, Fox, Dervite, Morrison, Cousins, Poyet, Ajdarevic, Jackson, Harriott, Sordell. Subs: Thuram-Ulien, Wood, Ghoochannejhad, Church, Obika, Petrucci, Wilson.

Rovers: Robinson, Keane, Hanley, Kilgallon, Olsson, King, Cairney, Evans, Conway, Gestede, Rhodes. Subs: Eastwood, Kane, Varney, Williamson, Taylor, Feeney, Rittenberg.

Comments (36)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:00pm Sat 26 Apr 14

handyamBRFC says...

good luck
but i see changes
hopefully better for BRFC

we always have to accept change...!!
lets hope for the better....!

GB has done well this year
well done GB
we have become a stable enough team
to be able to build on next year...!!

I personally think that GB is a good coach
especially for young lads coming through
thats his strength
working with young lads coming through.

Although
it would be in the interests of stability to keep GB at the helm
however,
I believe that we need a ''Manager''
to take us to the next stage.
and not just a coach..!

I doubt if Venkeys would go for change
and will probably keep GB in post
as it costs money to chop and change.

I think in order to attract better players
to take us to the next level
and beyond
we need someone with better connections

I actually think David moyes
will be perfect
hes local
knows all about stability, albeit at Everton
has managed in the lower divisions
and at the top
where we need to be heading

Yes I would go for him...!!

what do you think...!!!
good luck but i see changes hopefully better for BRFC we always have to accept change...!! lets hope for the better....! GB has done well this year well done GB we have become a stable enough team to be able to build on next year...!! I personally think that GB is a good coach especially for young lads coming through thats his strength working with young lads coming through. Although it would be in the interests of stability to keep GB at the helm however, I believe that we need a ''Manager'' to take us to the next stage. and not just a coach..! I doubt if Venkeys would go for change and will probably keep GB in post as it costs money to chop and change. I think in order to attract better players to take us to the next level and beyond we need someone with better connections I actually think David moyes will be perfect hes local knows all about stability, albeit at Everton has managed in the lower divisions and at the top where we need to be heading Yes I would go for him...!! what do you think...!!! handyamBRFC
  • Score: -12

3:04pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Elysiumfire says...

Burnley's win against Ipswich today takes them out of contention and eases Rovers play off pressure. Win against Charlton - which I expect you to do, and you really give your selves a good chance.

I expect Forest to falter today, but Reading will probably beat Doncaster. If you win today, I expect you to be in 8th place, with Brighton 7th, and Reading 6th.

The last games are interesting. Brighton play Forest, a draw or win to Forest helps you. Reading play us, which a draw is probable, and you have to beat Wigan, who are already secured in the play offs, so they have nothing more to play for apart from pride.

Get to Ewood for the last game and roar your guys to a win! I expect Rovers to nick 6th place at the last.
Burnley's win against Ipswich today takes them out of contention and eases Rovers play off pressure. Win against Charlton - which I expect you to do, and you really give your selves a good chance. I expect Forest to falter today, but Reading will probably beat Doncaster. If you win today, I expect you to be in 8th place, with Brighton 7th, and Reading 6th. The last games are interesting. Brighton play Forest, a draw or win to Forest helps you. Reading play us, which a draw is probable, and you have to beat Wigan, who are already secured in the play offs, so they have nothing more to play for apart from pride. Get to Ewood for the last game and roar your guys to a win! I expect Rovers to nick 6th place at the last. Elysiumfire
  • Score: 4

3:32pm Sat 26 Apr 14

keanoutofrovers says...

Game on. 1-0 !!!!!!!

Hopefully the team we have been asking for all year can win big. Now don't change anything GB.
Game on. 1-0 !!!!!!! Hopefully the team we have been asking for all year can win big. Now don't change anything GB. keanoutofrovers
  • Score: 4

3:54pm Sat 26 Apr 14

FCBurnley says...

Looks like we might have to lose our last game at Reading !!!! Haaaaaa
Looks like we might have to lose our last game at Reading !!!! Haaaaaa FCBurnley
  • Score: -4

3:57pm Sat 26 Apr 14

greenscreener says...

handyamBRFC wrote:
good luck
but i see changes
hopefully better for BRFC

we always have to accept change...!!
lets hope for the better....!

GB has done well this year
well done GB
we have become a stable enough team
to be able to build on next year...!!

I personally think that GB is a good coach
especially for young lads coming through
thats his strength
working with young lads coming through.

Although
it would be in the interests of stability to keep GB at the helm
however,
I believe that we need a ''Manager''
to take us to the next stage.
and not just a coach..!

I doubt if Venkeys would go for change
and will probably keep GB in post
as it costs money to chop and change.

I think in order to attract better players
to take us to the next level
and beyond
we need someone with better connections

I actually think David moyes
will be perfect
hes local
knows all about stability, albeit at Everton
has managed in the lower divisions
and at the top
where we need to be heading

Yes I would go for him...!!

what do you think...!!!
I think that wittering on about changing the manager when a match is kicking off makes you a prize p!llock.

Ahead again, COYB, push for a second goal.
[quote][p][bold]handyamBRFC[/bold] wrote: good luck but i see changes hopefully better for BRFC we always have to accept change...!! lets hope for the better....! GB has done well this year well done GB we have become a stable enough team to be able to build on next year...!! I personally think that GB is a good coach especially for young lads coming through thats his strength working with young lads coming through. Although it would be in the interests of stability to keep GB at the helm however, I believe that we need a ''Manager'' to take us to the next stage. and not just a coach..! I doubt if Venkeys would go for change and will probably keep GB in post as it costs money to chop and change. I think in order to attract better players to take us to the next level and beyond we need someone with better connections I actually think David moyes will be perfect hes local knows all about stability, albeit at Everton has managed in the lower divisions and at the top where we need to be heading Yes I would go for him...!! what do you think...!!![/p][/quote]I think that wittering on about changing the manager when a match is kicking off makes you a prize p!llock. Ahead again, COYB, push for a second goal. greenscreener
  • Score: 5

4:14pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Fartonadingleshead says...

greenscreener wrote:
handyamBRFC wrote:
good luck
but i see changes
hopefully better for BRFC

we always have to accept change...!!
lets hope for the better....!

GB has done well this year
well done GB
we have become a stable enough team
to be able to build on next year...!!

I personally think that GB is a good coach
especially for young lads coming through
thats his strength
working with young lads coming through.

Although
it would be in the interests of stability to keep GB at the helm
however,
I believe that we need a ''Manager''
to take us to the next stage.
and not just a coach..!

I doubt if Venkeys would go for change
and will probably keep GB in post
as it costs money to chop and change.

I think in order to attract better players
to take us to the next level
and beyond
we need someone with better connections

I actually think David moyes
will be perfect
hes local
knows all about stability, albeit at Everton
has managed in the lower divisions
and at the top
where we need to be heading

Yes I would go for him...!!

what do you think...!!!
I think that wittering on about changing the manager when a match is kicking off makes you a prize p!llock.

Ahead again, COYB, push for a second goal.
That's the funniest thing I heard in ages
[quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]handyamBRFC[/bold] wrote: good luck but i see changes hopefully better for BRFC we always have to accept change...!! lets hope for the better....! GB has done well this year well done GB we have become a stable enough team to be able to build on next year...!! I personally think that GB is a good coach especially for young lads coming through thats his strength working with young lads coming through. Although it would be in the interests of stability to keep GB at the helm however, I believe that we need a ''Manager'' to take us to the next stage. and not just a coach..! I doubt if Venkeys would go for change and will probably keep GB in post as it costs money to chop and change. I think in order to attract better players to take us to the next level and beyond we need someone with better connections I actually think David moyes will be perfect hes local knows all about stability, albeit at Everton has managed in the lower divisions and at the top where we need to be heading Yes I would go for him...!! what do you think...!!![/p][/quote]I think that wittering on about changing the manager when a match is kicking off makes you a prize p!llock. Ahead again, COYB, push for a second goal.[/p][/quote]That's the funniest thing I heard in ages Fartonadingleshead
  • Score: 0

4:14pm Sat 26 Apr 14

A Darener says...

FCBurnley wrote:
Looks like we might have to lose our last game at Reading !!!! Haaaaaa
Why? Do you think we would beat you if we were both in th PL? Can you not stand the pressure? Still unbeaten at Turf Moor in 35 years.
[quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: Looks like we might have to lose our last game at Reading !!!! Haaaaaa[/p][/quote]Why? Do you think we would beat you if we were both in th PL? Can you not stand the pressure? Still unbeaten at Turf Moor in 35 years. A Darener
  • Score: 0

4:15pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Burnley59/60 says...

Come on You Blues and lets hope we can beat Reading for you
Come on You Blues and lets hope we can beat Reading for you Burnley59/60
  • Score: 9

4:18pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Elysiumfire says...

Lol! I'm a fortune teller!
Lol! I'm a fortune teller! Elysiumfire
  • Score: 2

4:20pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Elysiumfire says...

Got the positions of Reading and Brighton wrong, but no matter. Only Wigan stand in your way to a play off place!
Got the positions of Reading and Brighton wrong, but no matter. Only Wigan stand in your way to a play off place! Elysiumfire
  • Score: 1

4:48pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Iiii1111 says...

Shi. T. Another season in the champ ......can't do it now
Shi. T. Another season in the champ ......can't do it now Iiii1111
  • Score: 2

4:50pm Sat 26 Apr 14

wilddog says...

get in reading 3 points clear and 6 goals to the good!
get in reading 3 points clear and 6 goals to the good! wilddog
  • Score: -2

4:51pm Sat 26 Apr 14

wilddog says...

and wigan with a game in hand and 6 goals to the good too
and wigan with a game in hand and 6 goals to the good too wilddog
  • Score: 0

4:59pm Sat 26 Apr 14

wilddog says...

Elysiumfire wrote:
Burnley's win against Ipswich today takes them out of contention and eases Rovers play off pressure. Win against Charlton - which I expect you to do, and you really give your selves a good chance.

I expect Forest to falter today, but Reading will probably beat Doncaster. If you win today, I expect you to be in 8th place, with Brighton 7th, and Reading 6th.

The last games are interesting. Brighton play Forest, a draw or win to Forest helps you. Reading play us, which a draw is probable, and you have to beat Wigan, who are already secured in the play offs, so they have nothing more to play for apart from pride.

Get to Ewood for the last game and roar your guys to a win! I expect Rovers to nick 6th place at the last.
wigan are not safe! but with a game in hand and 6 goals to they good they are as good as
[quote][p][bold]Elysiumfire[/bold] wrote: Burnley's win against Ipswich today takes them out of contention and eases Rovers play off pressure. Win against Charlton - which I expect you to do, and you really give your selves a good chance. I expect Forest to falter today, but Reading will probably beat Doncaster. If you win today, I expect you to be in 8th place, with Brighton 7th, and Reading 6th. The last games are interesting. Brighton play Forest, a draw or win to Forest helps you. Reading play us, which a draw is probable, and you have to beat Wigan, who are already secured in the play offs, so they have nothing more to play for apart from pride. Get to Ewood for the last game and roar your guys to a win! I expect Rovers to nick 6th place at the last.[/p][/quote]wigan are not safe! but with a game in hand and 6 goals to they good they are as good as wilddog
  • Score: 0

5:01pm Sat 26 Apr 14

A Darener says...

We will need a goal fest from both Rovers and Burnley next week.
Too little, too late!
We will need a goal fest from both Rovers and Burnley next week. Too little, too late! A Darener
  • Score: 7

5:02pm Sat 26 Apr 14

RoversSwiss says...

Well done Rovers, another excellent win, but obviously would need a miracle to go up.

Is that 19 goals in the last 7 away games? Perhaps a few goals going in the other end is a price worth paying.

With Rhodes, Gestede, Conway, Marshall, King and Cairney providing the attacking threat, it should be very entertaining next season.

Those of you living in the past should get a season ticket for next year and enjoy what should be on offer. Good times ahead with Gb and the boys.
Well done Rovers, another excellent win, but obviously would need a miracle to go up. Is that 19 goals in the last 7 away games? Perhaps a few goals going in the other end is a price worth paying. With Rhodes, Gestede, Conway, Marshall, King and Cairney providing the attacking threat, it should be very entertaining next season. Those of you living in the past should get a season ticket for next year and enjoy what should be on offer. Good times ahead with Gb and the boys. RoversSwiss
  • Score: 4

5:06pm Sat 26 Apr 14

thresholdweller says...

Oh well, close but no cigar. A season where the situation has been stabilised the nucleus of a team has been put together and a good spirit has been been created. The amazing success of Burnley will make some annoyed because it hasn't happened to us. Well nevermind. It happens rarely. If the Venkys had appointed Sean Dyche to replace Steve Kean, most would have been moaning. There's no need for any major changes. Trust GB and see how it goes next season. If we can keep the key players, I think it could be good.
Oh well, close but no cigar. A season where the situation has been stabilised the nucleus of a team has been put together and a good spirit has been been created. The amazing success of Burnley will make some annoyed because it hasn't happened to us. Well nevermind. It happens rarely. If the Venkys had appointed Sean Dyche to replace Steve Kean, most would have been moaning. There's no need for any major changes. Trust GB and see how it goes next season. If we can keep the key players, I think it could be good. thresholdweller
  • Score: 5

5:08pm Sat 26 Apr 14

OnePostThenTheOther says...

Too little, too late

GB does not have the attributes to get this club promoted. Not this season, next season or the one after. Chances for the play-offs were blown as follows.

Bournemouth (H): Poor performance after one of my worst experiences as a Rovers supporter. Negative formation - poor subs/tactical changes - 3 points dropped.

Brighton (H): poor subs/tactical changes - 2 points dropped.

Wednedesday (A): poor subs/tactical changes - 2 points dropped.

Yeovil (H): Negative performance, poor subs/tactical changes - 2 points dropped.

Just a selection of results that have seen an opportunity to put a claim on a play-off place go begging yet we are still be fed the hollow rhetoric that this is an exciting end to the season.

Thanks for the stability and improvement but you are kidding yourself if you think that that stability amounts to anything more than a mediocre club with mediocre expectations overseen by jobbing professionals and absentee owners.

GB has blown a golden chance to meet the owners stated ambition to get the club promoted. Will the owners do anything about it? No, because they haven't got the first clue what to do. Unfortunately, they ridiculuosly and foolishly dispensed with substantial knowledge and replaced it with the PNE-reject Shaw.
Too little, too late GB does not have the attributes to get this club promoted. Not this season, next season or the one after. Chances for the play-offs were blown as follows. Bournemouth (H): Poor performance after one of my worst experiences as a Rovers supporter. Negative formation - poor subs/tactical changes - 3 points dropped. Brighton (H): poor subs/tactical changes - 2 points dropped. Wednedesday (A): poor subs/tactical changes - 2 points dropped. Yeovil (H): Negative performance, poor subs/tactical changes - 2 points dropped. Just a selection of results that have seen an opportunity to put a claim on a play-off place go begging yet we are still be fed the hollow rhetoric that this is an exciting end to the season. Thanks for the stability and improvement but you are kidding yourself if you think that that stability amounts to anything more than a mediocre club with mediocre expectations overseen by jobbing professionals and absentee owners. GB has blown a golden chance to meet the owners stated ambition to get the club promoted. Will the owners do anything about it? No, because they haven't got the first clue what to do. Unfortunately, they ridiculuosly and foolishly dispensed with substantial knowledge and replaced it with the PNE-reject Shaw. OnePostThenTheOther
  • Score: -2

5:16pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Elysiumfire says...

As a Claret, just want to say unlucky Rovers, you nearly made it! You are a few goals short of realistically reaching your goal. I think Burnley will still beat Reading as Dyche is after the points tally. I also think you will beat Wigan, just go out and do it.

It's been a mixed flow of fortune for you guys this season, but the real positive to come out of it is that Bowyer has allowed the penny to drop and has haphazardly cultivated a very good side for next season, assuming that you don't lose key players over the summer that is?

For Burnley, I think the goal is going to be to reach a minimum of 36 points to consolidate their position in the Premier. They need to get a good start and try and maintain home wins as best as possible. Obviously, their will be changes made to the team, but if the players have any sense, they can use Burnley's season in the Premiership to advertise themselves for future moves.

Birmingham may yet go down! Wow!
As a Claret, just want to say unlucky Rovers, you nearly made it! You are a few goals short of realistically reaching your goal. I think Burnley will still beat Reading as Dyche is after the points tally. I also think you will beat Wigan, just go out and do it. It's been a mixed flow of fortune for you guys this season, but the real positive to come out of it is that Bowyer has allowed the penny to drop and has haphazardly cultivated a very good side for next season, assuming that you don't lose key players over the summer that is? For Burnley, I think the goal is going to be to reach a minimum of 36 points to consolidate their position in the Premier. They need to get a good start and try and maintain home wins as best as possible. Obviously, their will be changes made to the team, but if the players have any sense, they can use Burnley's season in the Premiership to advertise themselves for future moves. Birmingham may yet go down! Wow! Elysiumfire
  • Score: 10

5:22pm Sat 26 Apr 14

keanoutofrovers says...

Easy Birmingham beat Wigan. We beat them on the last day. Brighton lose at Forest. Then we win three play off matches.

At least we know Conway, Evans, Cairney and King can play together now. As we've all said "bit too late" shame coz we knew it months ago!
Easy Birmingham beat Wigan. We beat them on the last day. Brighton lose at Forest. Then we win three play off matches. At least we know Conway, Evans, Cairney and King can play together now. As we've all said "bit too late" shame coz we knew it months ago! keanoutofrovers
  • Score: 2

5:22pm Sat 26 Apr 14

baldie says...

Come on Brum,a 2 goal win for them on Tuesday and a 2 goal win for us on Saturday would put us above Wigan.
Not that I'm clutching at straws.
Come on Brum,a 2 goal win for them on Tuesday and a 2 goal win for us on Saturday would put us above Wigan. Not that I'm clutching at straws. baldie
  • Score: 4

5:23pm Sat 26 Apr 14

MightyClaret says...

So near but yet so sh1t haha, unlucky wovers
So near but yet so sh1t haha, unlucky wovers MightyClaret
  • Score: 0

5:26pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Steven Seagull says...

So painfully close but yet so hilariously far.

Oh dear how sad never mind.
So painfully close but yet so hilariously far. Oh dear how sad never mind. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 0

5:28pm Sat 26 Apr 14

greenscreener says...

Jesus h Christ, we are going into the last game of the season with a technical chance of making the playoffs and still they bloody moan.

No it doesn't look likely, but if Wigan were to take a beating at a desperate Birmingham, who knows ?

The point being so many on here have been predicting everything from relegation to no bloody chance of play offs every week since last August.

GB has worked miracles given what he had to start with and the p!ss poor support many have given him all season. Whatever happens next week he deserves a positive response from true Rovers Fans for what he has achieved in his first real season as a manager.
Jesus h Christ, we are going into the last game of the season with a technical chance of making the playoffs and still they bloody moan. No it doesn't look likely, but if Wigan were to take a beating at a desperate Birmingham, who knows ? The point being so many on here have been predicting everything from relegation to no bloody chance of play offs every week since last August. GB has worked miracles given what he had to start with and the p!ss poor support many have given him all season. Whatever happens next week he deserves a positive response from true Rovers Fans for what he has achieved in his first real season as a manager. greenscreener
  • Score: 5

5:30pm Sat 26 Apr 14

A Darener says...

But at least the preseason predictions....Rhode
s to go, relegation to div one didn't happen. Roll on next season.
But at least the preseason predictions....Rhode s to go, relegation to div one didn't happen. Roll on next season. A Darener
  • Score: 3

5:31pm Sat 26 Apr 14

guiderover says...

Well today proves what a total **** up we made of the Yeovil game.We'd have still been in with a shout.Looking towards next season,we should be in with a great chance of at least the playoffs,just as long as we keep our top players at Ewood.Rudy Rudy!
Well today proves what a total **** up we made of the Yeovil game.We'd have still been in with a shout.Looking towards next season,we should be in with a great chance of at least the playoffs,just as long as we keep our top players at Ewood.Rudy Rudy! guiderover
  • Score: 5

5:36pm Sat 26 Apr 14

thresholdweller says...

Elysiumfire wrote:
As a Claret, just want to say unlucky Rovers, you nearly made it! You are a few goals short of realistically reaching your goal. I think Burnley will still beat Reading as Dyche is after the points tally. I also think you will beat Wigan, just go out and do it.

It's been a mixed flow of fortune for you guys this season, but the real positive to come out of it is that Bowyer has allowed the penny to drop and has haphazardly cultivated a very good side for next season, assuming that you don't lose key players over the summer that is?

For Burnley, I think the goal is going to be to reach a minimum of 36 points to consolidate their position in the Premier. They need to get a good start and try and maintain home wins as best as possible. Obviously, their will be changes made to the team, but if the players have any sense, they can use Burnley's season in the Premiership to advertise themselves for future moves.

Birmingham may yet go down! Wow!
Speaking more sense than all of the know all moaners. Yes, GB made some mistakes this season unlike Brendan Rogers and Sean Dyche and ummm, not sure. The pluses massively outweigh the minuses.
[quote][p][bold]Elysiumfire[/bold] wrote: As a Claret, just want to say unlucky Rovers, you nearly made it! You are a few goals short of realistically reaching your goal. I think Burnley will still beat Reading as Dyche is after the points tally. I also think you will beat Wigan, just go out and do it. It's been a mixed flow of fortune for you guys this season, but the real positive to come out of it is that Bowyer has allowed the penny to drop and has haphazardly cultivated a very good side for next season, assuming that you don't lose key players over the summer that is? For Burnley, I think the goal is going to be to reach a minimum of 36 points to consolidate their position in the Premier. They need to get a good start and try and maintain home wins as best as possible. Obviously, their will be changes made to the team, but if the players have any sense, they can use Burnley's season in the Premiership to advertise themselves for future moves. Birmingham may yet go down! Wow![/p][/quote]Speaking more sense than all of the know all moaners. Yes, GB made some mistakes this season unlike Brendan Rogers and Sean Dyche and ummm, not sure. The pluses massively outweigh the minuses. thresholdweller
  • Score: 2

5:37pm Sat 26 Apr 14

look.up.blackburn. says...

It's good, but its not Burnley!
It's good, but its not Burnley! look.up.blackburn.
  • Score: -1

5:40pm Sat 26 Apr 14

keanoutofrovers says...

look.up.blackburn. wrote:
It's good, but its not Burnley!
Fair enough but there's more chance of Blackburn being in the Premier League in 2015/16 than Burnley. Think about it.
[quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: It's good, but its not Burnley![/p][/quote]Fair enough but there's more chance of Blackburn being in the Premier League in 2015/16 than Burnley. Think about it. keanoutofrovers
  • Score: 0

5:54pm Sat 26 Apr 14

wilddog says...

keanoutofrovers wrote:
look.up.blackburn. wrote:
It's good, but its not Burnley!
Fair enough but there's more chance of Blackburn being in the Premier League in 2015/16 than Burnley. Think about it.
More chance of me finding a needle in a haystack then rovers being in prem 2015/16 Your really funny with your jokes! Keep it up plz
[quote][p][bold]keanoutofrovers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: It's good, but its not Burnley![/p][/quote]Fair enough but there's more chance of Blackburn being in the Premier League in 2015/16 than Burnley. Think about it.[/p][/quote]More chance of me finding a needle in a haystack then rovers being in prem 2015/16 Your really funny with your jokes! Keep it up plz wilddog
  • Score: -4

6:15pm Sat 26 Apr 14

look.up.blackburn. says...

keanoutofrovers wrote:
look.up.blackburn. wrote:
It's good, but its not Burnley!
Fair enough but there's more chance of Blackburn being in the Premier League in 2015/16 than Burnley. Think about it.
At least some of you lads are keeping a sense of humour about things.

Well done.

As for Rovers in the Premier League, I've said all along that you clowns will be starting the 2015/16 season in a different division, but sadly that will be League One, and given the financial tsunami heading your way next season I stand by that prediction. You are a nothing club and you will never see the top flight again for many, many years, if ever. A 2 minute interview with Gary Bowyer tells you all you need to know about where the Rovers are heading, the man has the charisma of a damp rag.

The Clarets are playing the best football seen at this level in decades, we have the best off the field structure in the league, the best manager, a club that's breaking even and about to benefit from £120million. I expect we will more than hold our own next season and could be a good shout for a mid-table finish.

I know it hurts for you to see us dominating you so convincingly in each and every department this season but believe me, this is just the start.

In Venky's we trust!
[quote][p][bold]keanoutofrovers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: It's good, but its not Burnley![/p][/quote]Fair enough but there's more chance of Blackburn being in the Premier League in 2015/16 than Burnley. Think about it.[/p][/quote]At least some of you lads are keeping a sense of humour about things. Well done. As for Rovers in the Premier League, I've said all along that you clowns will be starting the 2015/16 season in a different division, but sadly that will be League One, and given the financial tsunami heading your way next season I stand by that prediction. You are a nothing club and you will never see the top flight again for many, many years, if ever. A 2 minute interview with Gary Bowyer tells you all you need to know about where the Rovers are heading, the man has the charisma of a damp rag. The Clarets are playing the best football seen at this level in decades, we have the best off the field structure in the league, the best manager, a club that's breaking even and about to benefit from £120million. I expect we will more than hold our own next season and could be a good shout for a mid-table finish. I know it hurts for you to see us dominating you so convincingly in each and every department this season but believe me, this is just the start. In Venky's we trust! look.up.blackburn.
  • Score: -3

6:20pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Steven Seagull says...

A Darener wrote:
But at least the preseason predictions....Rhode

s to go, relegation to div one didn't happen. Roll on next season.
.....when Rhodes will go and you'll be relegated to div one.
[quote][p][bold]A Darener[/bold] wrote: But at least the preseason predictions....Rhode s to go, relegation to div one didn't happen. Roll on next season.[/p][/quote].....when Rhodes will go and you'll be relegated to div one. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 0

7:12pm Sat 26 Apr 14

Bazzer says...

greenscreener wrote:
Jesus h Christ, we are going into the last game of the season with a technical chance of making the playoffs and still they bloody moan. No it doesn't look likely, but if Wigan were to take a beating at a desperate Birmingham, who knows ? The point being so many on here have been predicting everything from relegation to no bloody chance of play offs every week since last August. GB has worked miracles given what he had to start with and the p!ss poor support many have given him all season. Whatever happens next week he deserves a positive response from true Rovers Fans for what he has achieved in his first real season as a manager.
And you cannot say fairer than that. Up Rovers!
[quote][p][bold]greenscreener[/bold] wrote: Jesus h Christ, we are going into the last game of the season with a technical chance of making the playoffs and still they bloody moan. No it doesn't look likely, but if Wigan were to take a beating at a desperate Birmingham, who knows ? The point being so many on here have been predicting everything from relegation to no bloody chance of play offs every week since last August. GB has worked miracles given what he had to start with and the p!ss poor support many have given him all season. Whatever happens next week he deserves a positive response from true Rovers Fans for what he has achieved in his first real season as a manager.[/p][/quote]And you cannot say fairer than that. Up Rovers! Bazzer
  • Score: 2

8:39pm Sat 26 Apr 14

rover-till-dudp says...

look.up.blackburn. wrote:
keanoutofrovers wrote:
look.up.blackburn. wrote:
It's good, but its not Burnley!
Fair enough but there's more chance of Blackburn being in the Premier League in 2015/16 than Burnley. Think about it.
At least some of you lads are keeping a sense of humour about things.

Well done.

As for Rovers in the Premier League, I've said all along that you clowns will be starting the 2015/16 season in a different division, but sadly that will be League One, and given the financial tsunami heading your way next season I stand by that prediction. You are a nothing club and you will never see the top flight again for many, many years, if ever. A 2 minute interview with Gary Bowyer tells you all you need to know about where the Rovers are heading, the man has the charisma of a damp rag.

The Clarets are playing the best football seen at this level in decades, we have the best off the field structure in the league, the best manager, a club that's breaking even and about to benefit from £120million. I expect we will more than hold our own next season and could be a good shout for a mid-table finish.

I know it hurts for you to see us dominating you so convincingly in each and every department this season but believe me, this is just the start.

In Venky's we trust!
Burnley’s points total earns them the right to play in the PL, fair enough. Let’s be brutaly honest their 2014-15 season in the Prem will just be as humiliating and sad as their first appearance in 2009-10. Unlike Blackpool, Burnley will not win any fans with their style of play which, according to neutrals, is about as exciting as watching the sequence of traffic lights.

Predictions that Rovers are heading for football oblivion are as ludicrous as saying Burnley will one day win the PL. Remember this, Rovers have never been in the position that Burnley found themselves in when facing GM Vauxhall Conference League football on the last match of the 1986-87 season. Rovers are a class apart from Burnley, always have been and always will be. We are pedigrees as opposed to mongrels. As they say, every dog (mongrel) has its day.
[quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]keanoutofrovers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: It's good, but its not Burnley![/p][/quote]Fair enough but there's more chance of Blackburn being in the Premier League in 2015/16 than Burnley. Think about it.[/p][/quote]At least some of you lads are keeping a sense of humour about things. Well done. As for Rovers in the Premier League, I've said all along that you clowns will be starting the 2015/16 season in a different division, but sadly that will be League One, and given the financial tsunami heading your way next season I stand by that prediction. You are a nothing club and you will never see the top flight again for many, many years, if ever. A 2 minute interview with Gary Bowyer tells you all you need to know about where the Rovers are heading, the man has the charisma of a damp rag. The Clarets are playing the best football seen at this level in decades, we have the best off the field structure in the league, the best manager, a club that's breaking even and about to benefit from £120million. I expect we will more than hold our own next season and could be a good shout for a mid-table finish. I know it hurts for you to see us dominating you so convincingly in each and every department this season but believe me, this is just the start. In Venky's we trust![/p][/quote]Burnley’s points total earns them the right to play in the PL, fair enough. Let’s be brutaly honest their 2014-15 season in the Prem will just be as humiliating and sad as their first appearance in 2009-10. Unlike Blackpool, Burnley will not win any fans with their style of play which, according to neutrals, is about as exciting as watching the sequence of traffic lights. Predictions that Rovers are heading for football oblivion are as ludicrous as saying Burnley will one day win the PL. Remember this, Rovers have never been in the position that Burnley found themselves in when facing GM Vauxhall Conference League football on the last match of the 1986-87 season. Rovers are a class apart from Burnley, always have been and always will be. We are pedigrees as opposed to mongrels. As they say, every dog (mongrel) has its day. rover-till-dudp
  • Score: 0

9:34pm Sat 26 Apr 14

look.up.blackburn. says...

rover-till-dudp wrote:
look.up.blackburn. wrote:
keanoutofrovers wrote:
look.up.blackburn. wrote:
It's good, but its not Burnley!
Fair enough but there's more chance of Blackburn being in the Premier League in 2015/16 than Burnley. Think about it.
At least some of you lads are keeping a sense of humour about things.

Well done.

As for Rovers in the Premier League, I've said all along that you clowns will be starting the 2015/16 season in a different division, but sadly that will be League One, and given the financial tsunami heading your way next season I stand by that prediction. You are a nothing club and you will never see the top flight again for many, many years, if ever. A 2 minute interview with Gary Bowyer tells you all you need to know about where the Rovers are heading, the man has the charisma of a damp rag.

The Clarets are playing the best football seen at this level in decades, we have the best off the field structure in the league, the best manager, a club that's breaking even and about to benefit from £120million. I expect we will more than hold our own next season and could be a good shout for a mid-table finish.

I know it hurts for you to see us dominating you so convincingly in each and every department this season but believe me, this is just the start.

In Venky's we trust!
Burnley’s points total earns them the right to play in the PL, fair enough. Let’s be brutaly honest their 2014-15 season in the Prem will just be as humiliating and sad as their first appearance in 2009-10. Unlike Blackpool, Burnley will not win any fans with their style of play which, according to neutrals, is about as exciting as watching the sequence of traffic lights.

Predictions that Rovers are heading for football oblivion are as ludicrous as saying Burnley will one day win the PL. Remember this, Rovers have never been in the position that Burnley found themselves in when facing GM Vauxhall Conference League football on the last match of the 1986-87 season. Rovers are a class apart from Burnley, always have been and always will be. We are pedigrees as opposed to mongrels. As they say, every dog (mongrel) has its day.
And then we beat you 2-1 at Ewood Park.

And then we went up.

And then you fell short of the play-off's.

I'm not sure which neutrals you've been talking to but they ain't been watching us. 92 points, two 20+ goal strikers, best defence in the Championship, 26 wins so far, fewest loses of all the teams in the league, the fittest, strongest players in the league playing fast paced attacking football, and to top it off the Championship's player of the season, Danny Ings.

Did you see the celebrations earlier today, did that remind you of a certain day in March, a day when we turn you lot over and sent you sobbing back to Shadsworth with your tails between your legs?

What a season its been, silencing you clowns, going up and then being the reason you couldn't quite scrape into the play-off's.

You may not be aware but Burnley have won the top division in English football twice, we've now been promoted to the Premier League twice and we've done it all without a senile old sugar daddy blasting his life savings on us. Something you lot could never do. Your days in the Premier League are but a memory. Its the real thing for us.

Keep looking up no-dads!
[quote][p][bold]rover-till-dudp[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]keanoutofrovers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: It's good, but its not Burnley![/p][/quote]Fair enough but there's more chance of Blackburn being in the Premier League in 2015/16 than Burnley. Think about it.[/p][/quote]At least some of you lads are keeping a sense of humour about things. Well done. As for Rovers in the Premier League, I've said all along that you clowns will be starting the 2015/16 season in a different division, but sadly that will be League One, and given the financial tsunami heading your way next season I stand by that prediction. You are a nothing club and you will never see the top flight again for many, many years, if ever. A 2 minute interview with Gary Bowyer tells you all you need to know about where the Rovers are heading, the man has the charisma of a damp rag. The Clarets are playing the best football seen at this level in decades, we have the best off the field structure in the league, the best manager, a club that's breaking even and about to benefit from £120million. I expect we will more than hold our own next season and could be a good shout for a mid-table finish. I know it hurts for you to see us dominating you so convincingly in each and every department this season but believe me, this is just the start. In Venky's we trust![/p][/quote]Burnley’s points total earns them the right to play in the PL, fair enough. Let’s be brutaly honest their 2014-15 season in the Prem will just be as humiliating and sad as their first appearance in 2009-10. Unlike Blackpool, Burnley will not win any fans with their style of play which, according to neutrals, is about as exciting as watching the sequence of traffic lights. Predictions that Rovers are heading for football oblivion are as ludicrous as saying Burnley will one day win the PL. Remember this, Rovers have never been in the position that Burnley found themselves in when facing GM Vauxhall Conference League football on the last match of the 1986-87 season. Rovers are a class apart from Burnley, always have been and always will be. We are pedigrees as opposed to mongrels. As they say, every dog (mongrel) has its day.[/p][/quote]And then we beat you 2-1 at Ewood Park. And then we went up. And then you fell short of the play-off's. I'm not sure which neutrals you've been talking to but they ain't been watching us. 92 points, two 20+ goal strikers, best defence in the Championship, 26 wins so far, fewest loses of all the teams in the league, the fittest, strongest players in the league playing fast paced attacking football, and to top it off the Championship's player of the season, Danny Ings. Did you see the celebrations earlier today, did that remind you of a certain day in March, a day when we turn you lot over and sent you sobbing back to Shadsworth with your tails between your legs? What a season its been, silencing you clowns, going up and then being the reason you couldn't quite scrape into the play-off's. You may not be aware but Burnley have won the top division in English football twice, we've now been promoted to the Premier League twice and we've done it all without a senile old sugar daddy blasting his life savings on us. Something you lot could never do. Your days in the Premier League are but a memory. Its the real thing for us. Keep looking up no-dads! look.up.blackburn.
  • Score: 2

11:23pm Sat 26 Apr 14

rover-till-dudp says...

look.up.blackburn. wrote:
rover-till-dudp wrote:
look.up.blackburn. wrote:
keanoutofrovers wrote:
look.up.blackburn. wrote:
It's good, but its not Burnley!
Fair enough but there's more chance of Blackburn being in the Premier League in 2015/16 than Burnley. Think about it.
At least some of you lads are keeping a sense of humour about things.

Well done.

As for Rovers in the Premier League, I've said all along that you clowns will be starting the 2015/16 season in a different division, but sadly that will be League One, and given the financial tsunami heading your way next season I stand by that prediction. You are a nothing club and you will never see the top flight again for many, many years, if ever. A 2 minute interview with Gary Bowyer tells you all you need to know about where the Rovers are heading, the man has the charisma of a damp rag.

The Clarets are playing the best football seen at this level in decades, we have the best off the field structure in the league, the best manager, a club that's breaking even and about to benefit from £120million. I expect we will more than hold our own next season and could be a good shout for a mid-table finish.

I know it hurts for you to see us dominating you so convincingly in each and every department this season but believe me, this is just the start.

In Venky's we trust!
Burnley’s points total earns them the right to play in the PL, fair enough. Let’s be brutaly honest their 2014-15 season in the Prem will just be as humiliating and sad as their first appearance in 2009-10. Unlike Blackpool, Burnley will not win any fans with their style of play which, according to neutrals, is about as exciting as watching the sequence of traffic lights.

Predictions that Rovers are heading for football oblivion are as ludicrous as saying Burnley will one day win the PL. Remember this, Rovers have never been in the position that Burnley found themselves in when facing GM Vauxhall Conference League football on the last match of the 1986-87 season. Rovers are a class apart from Burnley, always have been and always will be. We are pedigrees as opposed to mongrels. As they say, every dog (mongrel) has its day.
And then we beat you 2-1 at Ewood Park.

And then we went up.

And then you fell short of the play-off's.

I'm not sure which neutrals you've been talking to but they ain't been watching us. 92 points, two 20+ goal strikers, best defence in the Championship, 26 wins so far, fewest loses of all the teams in the league, the fittest, strongest players in the league playing fast paced attacking football, and to top it off the Championship's player of the season, Danny Ings.

Did you see the celebrations earlier today, did that remind you of a certain day in March, a day when we turn you lot over and sent you sobbing back to Shadsworth with your tails between your legs?

What a season its been, silencing you clowns, going up and then being the reason you couldn't quite scrape into the play-off's.

You may not be aware but Burnley have won the top division in English football twice, we've now been promoted to the Premier League twice and we've done it all without a senile old sugar daddy blasting his life savings on us. Something you lot could never do. Your days in the Premier League are but a memory. Its the real thing for us.

Keep looking up no-dads!
I have conceded that Burnley have earned the right to join the PL next season. But, unsurprisingly, you have avoided answering telling points I made. Try this for size. How for instance is a small hick town like Burnley with an average gate of 11,500, with a ground capacity of 22,500, a manager who will be out of his depth, and an owner intent on skimming off any profits Burnley are hoping to make, going to survive. It is simply going to be déjà vu of 2009-10. Hey, smell the coffee.

If you deem to reply to my post try and stick to my main points and avoid going on about what how good Burnley were when they wore long shorts and tough high ankle leather football boots. That’s a good lad.
[quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rover-till-dudp[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]keanoutofrovers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn.[/bold] wrote: It's good, but its not Burnley![/p][/quote]Fair enough but there's more chance of Blackburn being in the Premier League in 2015/16 than Burnley. Think about it.[/p][/quote]At least some of you lads are keeping a sense of humour about things. Well done. As for Rovers in the Premier League, I've said all along that you clowns will be starting the 2015/16 season in a different division, but sadly that will be League One, and given the financial tsunami heading your way next season I stand by that prediction. You are a nothing club and you will never see the top flight again for many, many years, if ever. A 2 minute interview with Gary Bowyer tells you all you need to know about where the Rovers are heading, the man has the charisma of a damp rag. The Clarets are playing the best football seen at this level in decades, we have the best off the field structure in the league, the best manager, a club that's breaking even and about to benefit from £120million. I expect we will more than hold our own next season and could be a good shout for a mid-table finish. I know it hurts for you to see us dominating you so convincingly in each and every department this season but believe me, this is just the start. In Venky's we trust![/p][/quote]Burnley’s points total earns them the right to play in the PL, fair enough. Let’s be brutaly honest their 2014-15 season in the Prem will just be as humiliating and sad as their first appearance in 2009-10. Unlike Blackpool, Burnley will not win any fans with their style of play which, according to neutrals, is about as exciting as watching the sequence of traffic lights. Predictions that Rovers are heading for football oblivion are as ludicrous as saying Burnley will one day win the PL. Remember this, Rovers have never been in the position that Burnley found themselves in when facing GM Vauxhall Conference League football on the last match of the 1986-87 season. Rovers are a class apart from Burnley, always have been and always will be. We are pedigrees as opposed to mongrels. As they say, every dog (mongrel) has its day.[/p][/quote]And then we beat you 2-1 at Ewood Park. And then we went up. And then you fell short of the play-off's. I'm not sure which neutrals you've been talking to but they ain't been watching us. 92 points, two 20+ goal strikers, best defence in the Championship, 26 wins so far, fewest loses of all the teams in the league, the fittest, strongest players in the league playing fast paced attacking football, and to top it off the Championship's player of the season, Danny Ings. Did you see the celebrations earlier today, did that remind you of a certain day in March, a day when we turn you lot over and sent you sobbing back to Shadsworth with your tails between your legs? What a season its been, silencing you clowns, going up and then being the reason you couldn't quite scrape into the play-off's. You may not be aware but Burnley have won the top division in English football twice, we've now been promoted to the Premier League twice and we've done it all without a senile old sugar daddy blasting his life savings on us. Something you lot could never do. Your days in the Premier League are but a memory. Its the real thing for us. Keep looking up no-dads![/p][/quote]I have conceded that Burnley have earned the right to join the PL next season. But, unsurprisingly, you have avoided answering telling points I made. Try this for size. How for instance is a small hick town like Burnley with an average gate of 11,500, with a ground capacity of 22,500, a manager who will be out of his depth, and an owner intent on skimming off any profits Burnley are hoping to make, going to survive. It is simply going to be déjà vu of 2009-10. Hey, smell the coffee. If you deem to reply to my post try and stick to my main points and avoid going on about what how good Burnley were when they wore long shorts and tough high ankle leather football boots. That’s a good lad. rover-till-dudp
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree