Burnley striker Vokes set for knee surgery

Sam Vokes

Sam Vokes

First published in Football
Last updated
Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Burnley FC reporter

SAM Vokes is set to begin the long road to recovery by undergoing surgery today.

The Burnley striker’s season has been cut short by a ruptured anterior cruciate knee ligament.

The Wales international, who has scored 20 league goals to fire the Clarets into second spot, is facing a minimum of six months’ recovery – more likely nine to 12 months following today’s operation.

But team-mate David Edgar says the whole club is right behind him, and has backed him to come back from the horror injury stronger.

“It’s a tough one for Vokesy – a tough one for everyone – but especially for Vokesy because he’s had such a great season,” said the Canadian.

“He didn’t want it to end like this but he’ll come back stronger.

“We know him and he’s got everyone behind him, and with good medical staff here he’ll be all right.

“It’s been a bitter sweet season now, but he’s got a good head on his shoulders and he’ll be okay.”

Burnley have seven games in which to sustain their position in the automatic promotion places, but Vokes is not the only absentee.

Sean Dyche’s side will also begin that run-in without suspended midfielder Dean Marney, while it is likely top scorer Danny Ings will remain sidelined at Watford this weekend with an ankle injury.

Kieran Trippier is closing in on a comeback from a hamstring strain but there are no guarantees about the right back’s availability.

Edgar added: “It is obviously a blow but we’re a team and we have to move on. Whoever steps in is capable of doing a job.

“Touch wood we’ve been lucky with injuries for most of the season so hopefully nothing else sneaks up on us.

“It’s part and parcel of the game though and we just have to move on,” said Edgar, who came off the bench for Vokes and went into midfield as Burnley took up a 4-1-4-1 formation against leaders Leicester, in their first home league defeat for over a year.

“The result was disappointing, but it was good to get back out there and get a decent chunk of playing time under my belt,” he added.

“We want to end the season on a high but we’re taking it one game at a time and that game comes on Saturday.

“Obviously we’ll be without Vokesy now and it will be a tough one because he’s done very well this season but we’ve just got to move on and hope to get the three points on Saturday.”

Comments (27)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:50am Wed 2 Apr 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck.

That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.
Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck. That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -10

10:19am Wed 2 Apr 14

McClaret says...

Interesting that a return to 1 up front resulted in defeat, albeit against the strongest squad in the division. Hope SD makes sure to stick with the winning philosophy of 2 up top this weekend.

BTW - please ignore the person above,
Interesting that a return to 1 up front resulted in defeat, albeit against the strongest squad in the division. Hope SD makes sure to stick with the winning philosophy of 2 up top this weekend. BTW - please ignore the person above, McClaret
  • Score: 5

10:33am Wed 2 Apr 14

Dublin Claret says...

Wishing you all the best Sam.
Looking forward to you leading the line sometime next season.
Sooner than later.
Wishing you all the best Sam. Looking forward to you leading the line sometime next season. Sooner than later. Dublin Claret
  • Score: 10

10:44am Wed 2 Apr 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck.

That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.
**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon.

Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc.

Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP.

Basically, you are ****.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck. That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.[/p][/quote]**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon. Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc. Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP. Basically, you are ****. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 6

11:04am Wed 2 Apr 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck.

That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.
**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon.

Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc.

Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP.

Basically, you are ****.
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time.

Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)!

As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together.

Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck. That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.[/p][/quote]**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon. Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc. Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP. Basically, you are ****.[/p][/quote]Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time. Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)! As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together. Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -9

11:20am Wed 2 Apr 14

stevieclaret says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck.

That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.
**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon.

Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc.

Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP.

Basically, you are ****.
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time.

Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)!

As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together.

Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.
A lucky run??? Plonker...
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck. That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.[/p][/quote]**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon. Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc. Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP. Basically, you are ****.[/p][/quote]Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time. Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)! As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together. Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.[/p][/quote]A lucky run??? Plonker... stevieclaret
  • Score: 8

11:21am Wed 2 Apr 14

stevieclaret says...

All the best Sam.take solace from Danny Ings who did both knees in successive seasons...
All the best Sam.take solace from Danny Ings who did both knees in successive seasons... stevieclaret
  • Score: 5

11:36am Wed 2 Apr 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck.

That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.
**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon.

Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc.

Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP.

Basically, you are ****.
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time.

Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)!

As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together.

Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.
Conway? Crap

Marshall? Crap

King?? Seriously??

Dunn?? Fat

As for admiring them, why would I admire a group of underperforming mercenary players that ply their trade at a lower to mid table Championship team? Particularly when the team I actually support are sitting comfortably in an automatic promotion position?

Bowyer need to learn how to put them together? Ha ha ha ha ha ha - he's had a year, how's that going for you?

Dyche got lucky did he? Got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league, got lucky the fact he he didn't spend a single penny in two out of the three transfer windows he has been manager in, and just spent £400k in the other, got lucky that we have the BEST home record in the league, got lucky that we have the BEST defence in the league, got lucky with the fact that we have the BEST striking partnership in the league, and got lucky with the fact that we are on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations.

Yep, and don't you wish you could have a slice of that luck over at Sadburn Rovers, whilst you struggle for results/consistency/
a decent team/a decent manager.

Poor old Rovers, can't handle the fact that they are about to revert back where they belong - watching Burnley from a league below.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck. That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.[/p][/quote]**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon. Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc. Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP. Basically, you are ****.[/p][/quote]Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time. Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)! As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together. Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.[/p][/quote]Conway? Crap Marshall? Crap King?? Seriously?? Dunn?? Fat As for admiring them, why would I admire a group of underperforming mercenary players that ply their trade at a lower to mid table Championship team? Particularly when the team I actually support are sitting comfortably in an automatic promotion position? Bowyer need to learn how to put them together? Ha ha ha ha ha ha - he's had a year, how's that going for you? Dyche got lucky did he? Got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league, got lucky the fact he he didn't spend a single penny in two out of the three transfer windows he has been manager in, and just spent £400k in the other, got lucky that we have the BEST home record in the league, got lucky that we have the BEST defence in the league, got lucky with the fact that we have the BEST striking partnership in the league, and got lucky with the fact that we are on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations. Yep, and don't you wish you could have a slice of that luck over at Sadburn Rovers, whilst you struggle for results/consistency/ a decent team/a decent manager. Poor old Rovers, can't handle the fact that they are about to revert back where they belong - watching Burnley from a league below. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 12

12:55pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Super_Clarets says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck.

That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.
**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon.

Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc.

Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP.

Basically, you are ****.
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time.

Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)!

As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together.

Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.
Interestingly, FakeVilla, we scored the winner against you clowns without even having Sam Vokes on the pitch...

Dietary philosophy has nothing to do with jarring your knee.

Sam Vokes has scored 21 goals for us this season, now I could imagine your delight at him being injured to this extent after only a few games of the season, but.... HE'S ALREADY SCORED 21 GOALS FOR US! His work is done.

Furthermore, I'm afraid there isn't a single player in the Blackburn Rovers squad (with the possible exception of Rhodes as an impact sub) who I would want to swap for any of the current Burnley first team. You have a cheaply cobbled together group of misfits and rejects who cannot stop conceding goals.

We are just so much better than you in every conceivable way these days that I can't see how you can comment, on anything. You are either very slow or utterly shameless.

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley.
Clarets 9 points clear in 2nd place.
No-dads 11th and on the brink of financial meltdown.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck. That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.[/p][/quote]**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon. Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc. Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP. Basically, you are ****.[/p][/quote]Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time. Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)! As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together. Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.[/p][/quote]Interestingly, FakeVilla, we scored the winner against you clowns without even having Sam Vokes on the pitch... Dietary philosophy has nothing to do with jarring your knee. Sam Vokes has scored 21 goals for us this season, now I could imagine your delight at him being injured to this extent after only a few games of the season, but.... HE'S ALREADY SCORED 21 GOALS FOR US! His work is done. Furthermore, I'm afraid there isn't a single player in the Blackburn Rovers squad (with the possible exception of Rhodes as an impact sub) who I would want to swap for any of the current Burnley first team. You have a cheaply cobbled together group of misfits and rejects who cannot stop conceding goals. We are just so much better than you in every conceivable way these days that I can't see how you can comment, on anything. You are either very slow or utterly shameless. Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley. Clarets 9 points clear in 2nd place. No-dads 11th and on the brink of financial meltdown. Super_Clarets
  • Score: 8

1:14pm Wed 2 Apr 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck.

That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.
**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon.

Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc.

Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP.

Basically, you are ****.
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time.

Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)!

As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together.

Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.
Conway? Crap

Marshall? Crap

King?? Seriously??

Dunn?? Fat

As for admiring them, why would I admire a group of underperforming mercenary players that ply their trade at a lower to mid table Championship team? Particularly when the team I actually support are sitting comfortably in an automatic promotion position?

Bowyer need to learn how to put them together? Ha ha ha ha ha ha - he's had a year, how's that going for you?

Dyche got lucky did he? Got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league, got lucky the fact he he didn't spend a single penny in two out of the three transfer windows he has been manager in, and just spent £400k in the other, got lucky that we have the BEST home record in the league, got lucky that we have the BEST defence in the league, got lucky with the fact that we have the BEST striking partnership in the league, and got lucky with the fact that we are on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations.

Yep, and don't you wish you could have a slice of that luck over at Sadburn Rovers, whilst you struggle for results/consistency/

a decent team/a decent manager.

Poor old Rovers, can't handle the fact that they are about to revert back where they belong - watching Burnley from a league below.
"on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations."

Does that nt sound like a statement of luck?

Conway crap? By all accounts he single handedly ripped Leicester apart. Something 11 men from Burnley couldn't achieve.

Dyche inherited Howe's signings and spent only £400k out of forced necessity. He has got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league

Burnley definitely don't have the best defence in the league. Shackle's no good, Duff's a joke and Mee a misfit. Trippier on the other hand is presently injured.

Dyche got lucky. It will turn. Enjoy it.
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck. That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.[/p][/quote]**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon. Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc. Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP. Basically, you are ****.[/p][/quote]Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time. Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)! As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together. Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.[/p][/quote]Conway? Crap Marshall? Crap King?? Seriously?? Dunn?? Fat As for admiring them, why would I admire a group of underperforming mercenary players that ply their trade at a lower to mid table Championship team? Particularly when the team I actually support are sitting comfortably in an automatic promotion position? Bowyer need to learn how to put them together? Ha ha ha ha ha ha - he's had a year, how's that going for you? Dyche got lucky did he? Got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league, got lucky the fact he he didn't spend a single penny in two out of the three transfer windows he has been manager in, and just spent £400k in the other, got lucky that we have the BEST home record in the league, got lucky that we have the BEST defence in the league, got lucky with the fact that we have the BEST striking partnership in the league, and got lucky with the fact that we are on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations. Yep, and don't you wish you could have a slice of that luck over at Sadburn Rovers, whilst you struggle for results/consistency/ a decent team/a decent manager. Poor old Rovers, can't handle the fact that they are about to revert back where they belong - watching Burnley from a league below.[/p][/quote]"on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations." Does that nt sound like a statement of luck? Conway crap? By all accounts he single handedly ripped Leicester apart. Something 11 men from Burnley couldn't achieve. Dyche inherited Howe's signings and spent only £400k out of forced necessity. He has got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league Burnley definitely don't have the best defence in the league. Shackle's no good, Duff's a joke and Mee a misfit. Trippier on the other hand is presently injured. Dyche got lucky. It will turn. Enjoy it. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -8

1:35pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck.

That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.
**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon.

Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc.

Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP.

Basically, you are ****.
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time.

Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)!

As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together.

Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.
Conway? Crap

Marshall? Crap

King?? Seriously??

Dunn?? Fat

As for admiring them, why would I admire a group of underperforming mercenary players that ply their trade at a lower to mid table Championship team? Particularly when the team I actually support are sitting comfortably in an automatic promotion position?

Bowyer need to learn how to put them together? Ha ha ha ha ha ha - he's had a year, how's that going for you?

Dyche got lucky did he? Got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league, got lucky the fact he he didn't spend a single penny in two out of the three transfer windows he has been manager in, and just spent £400k in the other, got lucky that we have the BEST home record in the league, got lucky that we have the BEST defence in the league, got lucky with the fact that we have the BEST striking partnership in the league, and got lucky with the fact that we are on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations.

Yep, and don't you wish you could have a slice of that luck over at Sadburn Rovers, whilst you struggle for results/consistency/


a decent team/a decent manager.

Poor old Rovers, can't handle the fact that they are about to revert back where they belong - watching Burnley from a league below.
"on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations."

Does that nt sound like a statement of luck?

Conway crap? By all accounts he single handedly ripped Leicester apart. Something 11 men from Burnley couldn't achieve.

Dyche inherited Howe's signings and spent only £400k out of forced necessity. He has got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league

Burnley definitely don't have the best defence in the league. Shackle's no good, Duff's a joke and Mee a misfit. Trippier on the other hand is presently injured.

Dyche got lucky. It will turn. Enjoy it.
Are you deliberately this stupid or do you have to work at it?

WE HAVE CONCEDED LESS GOALS THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE. Therefore we have the best defence - do you understand or would you like me to type a bit slower for you?

Yes the promotion is unlikely because of the value and size of our squad, but nobody (Except you) in the League, at BFC or any of the media has said that Burnley have been lucky this season - I suppose you think we have scabbed our way to 79 points with 21 left to play for?

As for your comment about Conway, yeah he is obviously a terrific player, which is why he is not good enough for a struggling Premier League club and currently plays for a lower mid table second division side.

Your banter is as **** poor as the team you support
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck. That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.[/p][/quote]**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon. Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc. Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP. Basically, you are ****.[/p][/quote]Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time. Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)! As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together. Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.[/p][/quote]Conway? Crap Marshall? Crap King?? Seriously?? Dunn?? Fat As for admiring them, why would I admire a group of underperforming mercenary players that ply their trade at a lower to mid table Championship team? Particularly when the team I actually support are sitting comfortably in an automatic promotion position? Bowyer need to learn how to put them together? Ha ha ha ha ha ha - he's had a year, how's that going for you? Dyche got lucky did he? Got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league, got lucky the fact he he didn't spend a single penny in two out of the three transfer windows he has been manager in, and just spent £400k in the other, got lucky that we have the BEST home record in the league, got lucky that we have the BEST defence in the league, got lucky with the fact that we have the BEST striking partnership in the league, and got lucky with the fact that we are on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations. Yep, and don't you wish you could have a slice of that luck over at Sadburn Rovers, whilst you struggle for results/consistency/ a decent team/a decent manager. Poor old Rovers, can't handle the fact that they are about to revert back where they belong - watching Burnley from a league below.[/p][/quote]"on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations." Does that nt sound like a statement of luck? Conway crap? By all accounts he single handedly ripped Leicester apart. Something 11 men from Burnley couldn't achieve. Dyche inherited Howe's signings and spent only £400k out of forced necessity. He has got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league Burnley definitely don't have the best defence in the league. Shackle's no good, Duff's a joke and Mee a misfit. Trippier on the other hand is presently injured. Dyche got lucky. It will turn. Enjoy it.[/p][/quote]Are you deliberately this stupid or do you have to work at it? WE HAVE CONCEDED LESS GOALS THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE. Therefore we have the best defence - do you understand or would you like me to type a bit slower for you? Yes the promotion is unlikely because of the value and size of our squad, but nobody (Except you) in the League, at BFC or any of the media has said that Burnley have been lucky this season - I suppose you think we have scabbed our way to 79 points with 21 left to play for? As for your comment about Conway, yeah he is obviously a terrific player, which is why he is not good enough for a struggling Premier League club and currently plays for a lower mid table second division side. Your banter is as **** poor as the team you support Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 7

3:09pm Wed 2 Apr 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Conway? What did you think of each of your squad of stellar stars this time last year which have only been improved with £400k since? Don't answer that as you're a narrow minded dribbling inbred which gives everyone in Burnley a bad name.

Many have said Burnley have been lucky this season you numpty. Which they have been. Until now.
Conway? What did you think of each of your squad of stellar stars this time last year which have only been improved with £400k since? Don't answer that as you're a narrow minded dribbling inbred which gives everyone in Burnley a bad name. Many have said Burnley have been lucky this season you numpty. Which they have been. Until now. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -4

3:20pm Wed 2 Apr 14

TurfMoorTom says...

By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves?

Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.
By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves? Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -2

3:31pm Wed 2 Apr 14

RobH2O says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck.

That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.
**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon.

Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc.

Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP.

Basically, you are ****.
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time.

Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)!

As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together.

Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.
Conway? Crap

Marshall? Crap

King?? Seriously??

Dunn?? Fat

As for admiring them, why would I admire a group of underperforming mercenary players that ply their trade at a lower to mid table Championship team? Particularly when the team I actually support are sitting comfortably in an automatic promotion position?

Bowyer need to learn how to put them together? Ha ha ha ha ha ha - he's had a year, how's that going for you?

Dyche got lucky did he? Got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league, got lucky the fact he he didn't spend a single penny in two out of the three transfer windows he has been manager in, and just spent £400k in the other, got lucky that we have the BEST home record in the league, got lucky that we have the BEST defence in the league, got lucky with the fact that we have the BEST striking partnership in the league, and got lucky with the fact that we are on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations.

Yep, and don't you wish you could have a slice of that luck over at Sadburn Rovers, whilst you struggle for results/consistency/


a decent team/a decent manager.

Poor old Rovers, can't handle the fact that they are about to revert back where they belong - watching Burnley from a league below.
"on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations."

Does that nt sound like a statement of luck?

Conway crap? By all accounts he single handedly ripped Leicester apart. Something 11 men from Burnley couldn't achieve.

Dyche inherited Howe's signings and spent only £400k out of forced necessity. He has got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league

Burnley definitely don't have the best defence in the league. Shackle's no good, Duff's a joke and Mee a misfit. Trippier on the other hand is presently injured.

Dyche got lucky. It will turn. Enjoy it.
"It will turn?" I do hope so. To have Ings, Vokes, Trippier and Marney out at the same time is awful luck. "Enjoy it". Well our current luck turning will be most enjoyable. Ings back for the Barnsley game, as is Trippier and Marney. That's the start of the enjoyment. 85 points has always been enough to be promoted outright. We need another 6 points, so two wins out of 7 games.That's the final enjoyment.

I have to say TTTom, you get slated on here. But to wish us a change of luck like that and to enjoy it - you're a cracking lad make no mistake!
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck. That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.[/p][/quote]**** off Blackburn Tom, how can watching what you eat prevent you from rupturing your ACR? You brainless baboon. Also, it's not really a blow for next season when you consider we will have Danny Ings, Ashley Barnes and £100 million to buy another couple of strikers etc. Worry about Agent Mogodon trying to assemble a side of free transfers that can somehow manage to avoid relegation to Division Three with Rhodes, Hanley and Cairney all sold to save money because of FFP. Basically, you are ****.[/p][/quote]Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was others that suggested the previous lack of injuries wasn't luck but Dyche's 'training and dietary philosophy'. I agree with you and said so at the time. Can't play 2 up top when Burnley haven't got 2 up top (fit at least)! As for Rovers - add Conway, Marshall and perhaps King to your list. Along with Dunn (admittedly on his last legs), that's 7 players you should admire which isn't bad is it. Bowyer just needs to learn how to put them together. Dyche on the other hand inherited Howe's good work and on top of that had a lucky run. Let's see what people think of him in 12 months.[/p][/quote]Conway? Crap Marshall? Crap King?? Seriously?? Dunn?? Fat As for admiring them, why would I admire a group of underperforming mercenary players that ply their trade at a lower to mid table Championship team? Particularly when the team I actually support are sitting comfortably in an automatic promotion position? Bowyer need to learn how to put them together? Ha ha ha ha ha ha - he's had a year, how's that going for you? Dyche got lucky did he? Got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league, got lucky the fact he he didn't spend a single penny in two out of the three transfer windows he has been manager in, and just spent £400k in the other, got lucky that we have the BEST home record in the league, got lucky that we have the BEST defence in the league, got lucky with the fact that we have the BEST striking partnership in the league, and got lucky with the fact that we are on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations. Yep, and don't you wish you could have a slice of that luck over at Sadburn Rovers, whilst you struggle for results/consistency/ a decent team/a decent manager. Poor old Rovers, can't handle the fact that they are about to revert back where they belong - watching Burnley from a league below.[/p][/quote]"on the cusp of the most unlikely promotion the the top flight in generations." Does that nt sound like a statement of luck? Conway crap? By all accounts he single handedly ripped Leicester apart. Something 11 men from Burnley couldn't achieve. Dyche inherited Howe's signings and spent only £400k out of forced necessity. He has got lucky with the cheapest squad in the league Burnley definitely don't have the best defence in the league. Shackle's no good, Duff's a joke and Mee a misfit. Trippier on the other hand is presently injured. Dyche got lucky. It will turn. Enjoy it.[/p][/quote]"It will turn?" I do hope so. To have Ings, Vokes, Trippier and Marney out at the same time is awful luck. "Enjoy it". Well our current luck turning will be most enjoyable. Ings back for the Barnsley game, as is Trippier and Marney. That's the start of the enjoyment. 85 points has always been enough to be promoted outright. We need another 6 points, so two wins out of 7 games.That's the final enjoyment. I have to say TTTom, you get slated on here. But to wish us a change of luck like that and to enjoy it - you're a cracking lad make no mistake! RobH2O
  • Score: 4

3:47pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Super_Clarets says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Conway? What did you think of each of your squad of stellar stars this time last year which have only been improved with £400k since? Don't answer that as you're a narrow minded dribbling inbred which gives everyone in Burnley a bad name.

Many have said Burnley have been lucky this season you numpty. Which they have been. Until now.
FakeVillaBubblePopJi
zzMonkey.... you say we have the same squad as last year with only the addition of Ashley Barnes and an outlay of roughly half a million pounds. That is correct. And how proud we are of that.

The reason we are 2nd in the league is down to the management of these players. Eddie Howe may have brought several of those players to the club, and some were indeed good buys, players with lots of promise but who needed the right development to reach their full potential. However, Howe was unable to get the get the best out of his players. At the time we were much like you are now, struggling in mid-table, no real prospects, comical defending and having to score 4 goals to win a game. Its was exciting at times but ultimately no progress is made. As you are no finding out.

The difference is down to Sean Dyche, a very intelligent man, masterful tactician and motivator, a man who you Blackburn scrotes can only dream of leading your tin-pot laughingstock of a club.

Dyche has brought the very best out of our small squad of players and, much like Owen Coyle did a few years ago, gives players belief that they can challenge at the top. Gary Bowyer on the other hand is not only a very poor communicator with an obvious lack of basic social skills, but also a very poor tactician with your own fans deriding his decision making on a weekly basis.

Luck cannot propel a team that was widely considered to struggle to the top of the league, and luck alone cannot keep that team in the top 3 for a full SEVEN MONTHS.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Conway? What did you think of each of your squad of stellar stars this time last year which have only been improved with £400k since? Don't answer that as you're a narrow minded dribbling inbred which gives everyone in Burnley a bad name. Many have said Burnley have been lucky this season you numpty. Which they have been. Until now.[/p][/quote]FakeVillaBubblePopJi zzMonkey.... you say we have the same squad as last year with only the addition of Ashley Barnes and an outlay of roughly half a million pounds. That is correct. And how proud we are of that. The reason we are 2nd in the league is down to the management of these players. Eddie Howe may have brought several of those players to the club, and some were indeed good buys, players with lots of promise but who needed the right development to reach their full potential. However, Howe was unable to get the get the best out of his players. At the time we were much like you are now, struggling in mid-table, no real prospects, comical defending and having to score 4 goals to win a game. Its was exciting at times but ultimately no progress is made. As you are no finding out. The difference is down to Sean Dyche, a very intelligent man, masterful tactician and motivator, a man who you Blackburn scrotes can only dream of leading your tin-pot laughingstock of a club. Dyche has brought the very best out of our small squad of players and, much like Owen Coyle did a few years ago, gives players belief that they can challenge at the top. Gary Bowyer on the other hand is not only a very poor communicator with an obvious lack of basic social skills, but also a very poor tactician with your own fans deriding his decision making on a weekly basis. Luck cannot propel a team that was widely considered to struggle to the top of the league, and luck alone cannot keep that team in the top 3 for a full SEVEN MONTHS. Super_Clarets
  • Score: 9

4:55pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves?

Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.
Are you drunk or smacked off your tits?

We have conceded 33 goals in the league this season which is THE LOWEST in the division - how on earth does that make us have a **** defence?

What the **** relevance do Wolves and Chelsea have? Do either of them play in the Championship?

Enjoy your 'Avoided relegation to Division Three again' trophy, not sure you will be winning this next year when FFP comes and kicks you in the balls.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves? Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.[/p][/quote]Are you drunk or smacked off your tits? We have conceded 33 goals in the league this season which is THE LOWEST in the division - how on earth does that make us have a **** defence? What the **** relevance do Wolves and Chelsea have? Do either of them play in the Championship? Enjoy your 'Avoided relegation to Division Three again' trophy, not sure you will be winning this next year when FFP comes and kicks you in the balls. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 5

5:44pm Wed 2 Apr 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves?

Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.
Are you drunk or smacked off your tits?

We have conceded 33 goals in the league this season which is THE LOWEST in the division - how on earth does that make us have a **** defence?

What the **** relevance do Wolves and Chelsea have? Do either of them play in the Championship?

Enjoy your 'Avoided relegation to Division Three again' trophy, not sure you will be winning this next year when FFP comes and kicks you in the balls.
Because you keep banging on abut the whole Football league - are you actually paying attention??
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves? Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.[/p][/quote]Are you drunk or smacked off your tits? We have conceded 33 goals in the league this season which is THE LOWEST in the division - how on earth does that make us have a **** defence? What the **** relevance do Wolves and Chelsea have? Do either of them play in the Championship? Enjoy your 'Avoided relegation to Division Three again' trophy, not sure you will be winning this next year when FFP comes and kicks you in the balls.[/p][/quote]Because you keep banging on abut the whole Football league - are you actually paying attention?? TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -2

5:45pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Super_Clarets says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves?

Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.
You sir are a category A bellend.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves? Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.[/p][/quote]You sir are a category A bellend. Super_Clarets
  • Score: 4

5:51pm Wed 2 Apr 14

TurfMoorTom says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves?

Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.
Are you drunk or smacked off your tits?

We have conceded 33 goals in the league this season which is THE LOWEST in the division - how on earth does that make us have a **** defence?

What the **** relevance do Wolves and Chelsea have? Do either of them play in the Championship?

Enjoy your 'Avoided relegation to Division Three again' trophy, not sure you will be winning this next year when FFP comes and kicks you in the balls.
Because you keep banging on abut the whole Football league - are you actually paying attention??
And I'm judging your defence on what I've seen of Duff & Shackle. They may not come come from Blackpool being a pair of donkeys.

I think the difference I you are judging good, the best you've ever known, unbelievable etc etc on managing to be second in the second tier. As I've said, it will lead nowhere.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves? Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.[/p][/quote]Are you drunk or smacked off your tits? We have conceded 33 goals in the league this season which is THE LOWEST in the division - how on earth does that make us have a **** defence? What the **** relevance do Wolves and Chelsea have? Do either of them play in the Championship? Enjoy your 'Avoided relegation to Division Three again' trophy, not sure you will be winning this next year when FFP comes and kicks you in the balls.[/p][/quote]Because you keep banging on abut the whole Football league - are you actually paying attention??[/p][/quote]And I'm judging your defence on what I've seen of Duff & Shackle. They may not come come from Blackpool being a pair of donkeys. I think the difference I you are judging good, the best you've ever known, unbelievable etc etc on managing to be second in the second tier. As I've said, it will lead nowhere. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: -2

5:55pm Wed 2 Apr 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Super_Clarets wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Conway? What did you think of each of your squad of stellar stars this time last year which have only been improved with £400k since? Don't answer that as you're a narrow minded dribbling inbred which gives everyone in Burnley a bad name.

Many have said Burnley have been lucky this season you numpty. Which they have been. Until now.
FakeVillaBubblePopJi

zzMonkey.... you say we have the same squad as last year with only the addition of Ashley Barnes and an outlay of roughly half a million pounds. That is correct. And how proud we are of that.

The reason we are 2nd in the league is down to the management of these players. Eddie Howe may have brought several of those players to the club, and some were indeed good buys, players with lots of promise but who needed the right development to reach their full potential. However, Howe was unable to get the get the best out of his players. At the time we were much like you are now, struggling in mid-table, no real prospects, comical defending and having to score 4 goals to win a game. Its was exciting at times but ultimately no progress is made. As you are no finding out.

The difference is down to Sean Dyche, a very intelligent man, masterful tactician and motivator, a man who you Blackburn scrotes can only dream of leading your tin-pot laughingstock of a club.

Dyche has brought the very best out of our small squad of players and, much like Owen Coyle did a few years ago, gives players belief that they can challenge at the top. Gary Bowyer on the other hand is not only a very poor communicator with an obvious lack of basic social skills, but also a very poor tactician with your own fans deriding his decision making on a weekly basis.

Luck cannot propel a team that was widely considered to struggle to the top of the league, and luck alone cannot keep that team in the top 3 for a full SEVEN MONTHS.
Now on to you. I'm most grateful you brought up Coyle as this is the basis of my argument all season. If he was so good, where did he get to with Bolton and Wigan? Both better squads than he left at t'Turd.

The answer - he had one rosey patch with Burnley. Short lived, no trophy to speak of and nothing achieved other than a bit of turmoil and bitterness.

Here we go again. Enjoy the ride................
[quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Conway? What did you think of each of your squad of stellar stars this time last year which have only been improved with £400k since? Don't answer that as you're a narrow minded dribbling inbred which gives everyone in Burnley a bad name. Many have said Burnley have been lucky this season you numpty. Which they have been. Until now.[/p][/quote]FakeVillaBubblePopJi zzMonkey.... you say we have the same squad as last year with only the addition of Ashley Barnes and an outlay of roughly half a million pounds. That is correct. And how proud we are of that. The reason we are 2nd in the league is down to the management of these players. Eddie Howe may have brought several of those players to the club, and some were indeed good buys, players with lots of promise but who needed the right development to reach their full potential. However, Howe was unable to get the get the best out of his players. At the time we were much like you are now, struggling in mid-table, no real prospects, comical defending and having to score 4 goals to win a game. Its was exciting at times but ultimately no progress is made. As you are no finding out. The difference is down to Sean Dyche, a very intelligent man, masterful tactician and motivator, a man who you Blackburn scrotes can only dream of leading your tin-pot laughingstock of a club. Dyche has brought the very best out of our small squad of players and, much like Owen Coyle did a few years ago, gives players belief that they can challenge at the top. Gary Bowyer on the other hand is not only a very poor communicator with an obvious lack of basic social skills, but also a very poor tactician with your own fans deriding his decision making on a weekly basis. Luck cannot propel a team that was widely considered to struggle to the top of the league, and luck alone cannot keep that team in the top 3 for a full SEVEN MONTHS.[/p][/quote]Now on to you. I'm most grateful you brought up Coyle as this is the basis of my argument all season. If he was so good, where did he get to with Bolton and Wigan? Both better squads than he left at t'Turd. The answer - he had one rosey patch with Burnley. Short lived, no trophy to speak of and nothing achieved other than a bit of turmoil and bitterness. Here we go again. Enjoy the ride................ TurfMoorTom
  • Score: 0

5:57pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Super_Clarets says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves?

Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.
Are you drunk or smacked off your tits?

We have conceded 33 goals in the league this season which is THE LOWEST in the division - how on earth does that make us have a **** defence?

What the **** relevance do Wolves and Chelsea have? Do either of them play in the Championship?

Enjoy your 'Avoided relegation to Division Three again' trophy, not sure you will be winning this next year when FFP comes and kicks you in the balls.
Because you keep banging on abut the whole Football league - are you actually paying attention??
And I'm judging your defence on what I've seen of Duff & Shackle. They may not come come from Blackpool being a pair of donkeys.

I think the difference I you are judging good, the best you've ever known, unbelievable etc etc on managing to be second in the second tier. As I've said, it will lead nowhere.
See above.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves? Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.[/p][/quote]Are you drunk or smacked off your tits? We have conceded 33 goals in the league this season which is THE LOWEST in the division - how on earth does that make us have a **** defence? What the **** relevance do Wolves and Chelsea have? Do either of them play in the Championship? Enjoy your 'Avoided relegation to Division Three again' trophy, not sure you will be winning this next year when FFP comes and kicks you in the balls.[/p][/quote]Because you keep banging on abut the whole Football league - are you actually paying attention??[/p][/quote]And I'm judging your defence on what I've seen of Duff & Shackle. They may not come come from Blackpool being a pair of donkeys. I think the difference I you are judging good, the best you've ever known, unbelievable etc etc on managing to be second in the second tier. As I've said, it will lead nowhere.[/p][/quote]See above. Super_Clarets
  • Score: 1

11:42pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Super_Clarets says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Super_Clarets wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Conway? What did you think of each of your squad of stellar stars this time last year which have only been improved with £400k since? Don't answer that as you're a narrow minded dribbling inbred which gives everyone in Burnley a bad name.

Many have said Burnley have been lucky this season you numpty. Which they have been. Until now.
FakeVillaBubblePopJi


zzMonkey.... you say we have the same squad as last year with only the addition of Ashley Barnes and an outlay of roughly half a million pounds. That is correct. And how proud we are of that.

The reason we are 2nd in the league is down to the management of these players. Eddie Howe may have brought several of those players to the club, and some were indeed good buys, players with lots of promise but who needed the right development to reach their full potential. However, Howe was unable to get the get the best out of his players. At the time we were much like you are now, struggling in mid-table, no real prospects, comical defending and having to score 4 goals to win a game. Its was exciting at times but ultimately no progress is made. As you are no finding out.

The difference is down to Sean Dyche, a very intelligent man, masterful tactician and motivator, a man who you Blackburn scrotes can only dream of leading your tin-pot laughingstock of a club.

Dyche has brought the very best out of our small squad of players and, much like Owen Coyle did a few years ago, gives players belief that they can challenge at the top. Gary Bowyer on the other hand is not only a very poor communicator with an obvious lack of basic social skills, but also a very poor tactician with your own fans deriding his decision making on a weekly basis.

Luck cannot propel a team that was widely considered to struggle to the top of the league, and luck alone cannot keep that team in the top 3 for a full SEVEN MONTHS.
Now on to you. I'm most grateful you brought up Coyle as this is the basis of my argument all season. If he was so good, where did he get to with Bolton and Wigan? Both better squads than he left at t'Turd.

The answer - he had one rosey patch with Burnley. Short lived, no trophy to speak of and nothing achieved other than a bit of turmoil and bitterness.

Here we go again. Enjoy the ride................
We most certainly are... were you at Ewood when we beat you by any chance?

Have you seen the league table lately?

Have you seen how many points we are above you?

You may say its irrelevant, buts its not really is it. We've beat you and we've laughed at you simple hillmonkey's all season, and you hate it.

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley
26 points
32 goals
5 years
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super_Clarets[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Conway? What did you think of each of your squad of stellar stars this time last year which have only been improved with £400k since? Don't answer that as you're a narrow minded dribbling inbred which gives everyone in Burnley a bad name. Many have said Burnley have been lucky this season you numpty. Which they have been. Until now.[/p][/quote]FakeVillaBubblePopJi zzMonkey.... you say we have the same squad as last year with only the addition of Ashley Barnes and an outlay of roughly half a million pounds. That is correct. And how proud we are of that. The reason we are 2nd in the league is down to the management of these players. Eddie Howe may have brought several of those players to the club, and some were indeed good buys, players with lots of promise but who needed the right development to reach their full potential. However, Howe was unable to get the get the best out of his players. At the time we were much like you are now, struggling in mid-table, no real prospects, comical defending and having to score 4 goals to win a game. Its was exciting at times but ultimately no progress is made. As you are no finding out. The difference is down to Sean Dyche, a very intelligent man, masterful tactician and motivator, a man who you Blackburn scrotes can only dream of leading your tin-pot laughingstock of a club. Dyche has brought the very best out of our small squad of players and, much like Owen Coyle did a few years ago, gives players belief that they can challenge at the top. Gary Bowyer on the other hand is not only a very poor communicator with an obvious lack of basic social skills, but also a very poor tactician with your own fans deriding his decision making on a weekly basis. Luck cannot propel a team that was widely considered to struggle to the top of the league, and luck alone cannot keep that team in the top 3 for a full SEVEN MONTHS.[/p][/quote]Now on to you. I'm most grateful you brought up Coyle as this is the basis of my argument all season. If he was so good, where did he get to with Bolton and Wigan? Both better squads than he left at t'Turd. The answer - he had one rosey patch with Burnley. Short lived, no trophy to speak of and nothing achieved other than a bit of turmoil and bitterness. Here we go again. Enjoy the ride................[/p][/quote]We most certainly are... were you at Ewood when we beat you by any chance? Have you seen the league table lately? Have you seen how many points we are above you? You may say its irrelevant, buts its not really is it. We've beat you and we've laughed at you simple hillmonkey's all season, and you hate it. Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley 26 points 32 goals 5 years Super_Clarets
  • Score: 0

8:40am Thu 3 Apr 14

tall in the saddle says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck.

That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.
Yes it’s very unfortunate that this has happened. Nothing to do with the regime of course. Just damned bad luck. Wish we had the luck that Rovers have had with lack of injuries to their key players. But never mind big Sam will recover and we will get in new blood when we get all those millions. Who knows Burnleymay offer Rhodes a deal. He’d jump at that.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck. That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.[/p][/quote]Yes it’s very unfortunate that this has happened. Nothing to do with the regime of course. Just damned bad luck. Wish we had the luck that Rovers have had with lack of injuries to their key players. But never mind big Sam will recover and we will get in new blood when we get all those millions. Who knows Burnleymay offer Rhodes a deal. He’d jump at that. tall in the saddle
  • Score: 1

8:44am Thu 3 Apr 14

tall in the saddle says...

tall in the saddle wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck.

That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.
Yes it’s very unfortunate that this has happened. Nothing to do with the regime of course. Just damned bad luck. Wish we had the luck that Rovers have had with lack of injuries to their key players. But never mind big Sam will recover and we will get in new blood when we get all those millions. Who knows Burnleymay offer Rhodes a deal. He’d jump at that.
Yes the more think about it, Rhodes would be good back up to Sam and Danny and Barnsey
[quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: Strange really with Dyche's all round training and dietary philosophy things like this were thought to be a thing of the past. Maybe it was just bad luck. That said, all the best to the lad, these days all seem to come back just as strong from these injuries but I guess it will be a blow for next season.[/p][/quote]Yes it’s very unfortunate that this has happened. Nothing to do with the regime of course. Just damned bad luck. Wish we had the luck that Rovers have had with lack of injuries to their key players. But never mind big Sam will recover and we will get in new blood when we get all those millions. Who knows Burnleymay offer Rhodes a deal. He’d jump at that.[/p][/quote]Yes the more think about it, Rhodes would be good back up to Sam and Danny and Barnsey tall in the saddle
  • Score: 0

11:14am Thu 3 Apr 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

TurfMoorTom wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves?

Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.
Are you drunk or smacked off your tits?

We have conceded 33 goals in the league this season which is THE LOWEST in the division - how on earth does that make us have a **** defence?

What the **** relevance do Wolves and Chelsea have? Do either of them play in the Championship?

Enjoy your 'Avoided relegation to Division Three again' trophy, not sure you will be winning this next year when FFP comes and kicks you in the balls.
Because you keep banging on abut the whole Football league - are you actually paying attention??
Reading your posts is like watching someone slowly have a breakdown in front of your eyes.

NOWHERE have I mentioned the 'Football League'.

What I said was we have the best defence in the league - ie, our league, the Championship, the league we are about to get promoted from.

You really are a simpleton.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves? Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.[/p][/quote]Are you drunk or smacked off your tits? We have conceded 33 goals in the league this season which is THE LOWEST in the division - how on earth does that make us have a **** defence? What the **** relevance do Wolves and Chelsea have? Do either of them play in the Championship? Enjoy your 'Avoided relegation to Division Three again' trophy, not sure you will be winning this next year when FFP comes and kicks you in the balls.[/p][/quote]Because you keep banging on abut the whole Football league - are you actually paying attention??[/p][/quote]Reading your posts is like watching someone slowly have a breakdown in front of your eyes. NOWHERE have I mentioned the 'Football League'. What I said was we have the best defence in the league - ie, our league, the Championship, the league we are about to get promoted from. You really are a simpleton. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 0

8:54am Fri 4 Apr 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Me having a meltdown? My posts are quite straightforward whereas yours appear a little agitated.

All I've ever said is nothing has been achieved. Nothing will be in the trophy cabinet.

When Blackburn first went up, there was an air of expectation. The club was going somewhere and indeed they did win the league (The Premier League that is though note this is also top of all 92 league clubs). That was an achievement.

Burnleys 'resurgence' is based on one small rosey patch and the club is far less likely than say Bradford or Barnsley to establish themselves. Where are those clubs now?

What I don't want to see is turmoil and bitterness like what happened with Coyle. We don't have the foundations and this is inevitable. We'd have been better having another season in the Championship to strengthen the club if Dyche was as good as everyone says. As it is its all a bit of a flash in the pan and will pass.
Me having a meltdown? My posts are quite straightforward whereas yours appear a little agitated. All I've ever said is nothing has been achieved. Nothing will be in the trophy cabinet. When Blackburn first went up, there was an air of expectation. The club was going somewhere and indeed they did win the league (The Premier League that is though note this is also top of all 92 league clubs). That was an achievement. Burnleys 'resurgence' is based on one small rosey patch and the club is far less likely than say Bradford or Barnsley to establish themselves. Where are those clubs now? What I don't want to see is turmoil and bitterness like what happened with Coyle. We don't have the foundations and this is inevitable. We'd have been better having another season in the Championship to strengthen the club if Dyche was as good as everyone says. As it is its all a bit of a flash in the pan and will pass. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: 0

9:19am Fri 4 Apr 14

TurfMoorTom says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
TurfMoorTom wrote:
By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves?

Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.
Are you drunk or smacked off your tits?

We have conceded 33 goals in the league this season which is THE LOWEST in the division - how on earth does that make us have a **** defence?

What the **** relevance do Wolves and Chelsea have? Do either of them play in the Championship?

Enjoy your 'Avoided relegation to Division Three again' trophy, not sure you will be winning this next year when FFP comes and kicks you in the balls.
Because you keep banging on abut the whole Football league - are you actually paying attention??
Reading your posts is like watching someone slowly have a breakdown in front of your eyes.

NOWHERE have I mentioned the 'Football League'.

What I said was we have the best defence in the league - ie, our league, the Championship, the league we are about to get promoted from.

You really are a simpleton.
What you have mentioned is 'Division' and 'League'. Someone with half a brain and also knowing how inbreds can get carried away would assume you were talking about the whole league in this context.

Sean Mark Dyche. Took Watford to 11th. Took Burnley to 11th. Suddenly created a new footballing philosophy and took Burnley to the Premier League title. I don't think so.

What happened was for the first half of this season, no one really rated you and gave no respect. In fact many Burnley fans felt the same and indeed still at this time can't believe their luck as to what has happened this season. Hense all the bitterness on these boards. From recollection, Blackburn fans quickly moved on to Man Utd being the enemy and Burnley were quickly forgotten. Some now feel quite refreshed, after Burnley managed 1 win in 35 years, to have a good local derby back on the fixture list. Since Christmas you've done ok though included in that recently have ragged it. The small squad has now been shown to be what it is. Possibly too late to prevent an embarrassment to the club next season. Burnley are simply not ready in any respect to be involved in the Premier League.

This is why I say it's been a lucky season. Luck tends to even itself out. Roll on next season.
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoorTom[/bold] wrote: By the way - your defence IS ****. Have you forgotten about Chelsea, QPR and Wolves? Either way there is no trophy so cling on to what you will. You're winding yourself up on a trip to nowhere.[/p][/quote]Are you drunk or smacked off your tits? We have conceded 33 goals in the league this season which is THE LOWEST in the division - how on earth does that make us have a **** defence? What the **** relevance do Wolves and Chelsea have? Do either of them play in the Championship? Enjoy your 'Avoided relegation to Division Three again' trophy, not sure you will be winning this next year when FFP comes and kicks you in the balls.[/p][/quote]Because you keep banging on abut the whole Football league - are you actually paying attention??[/p][/quote]Reading your posts is like watching someone slowly have a breakdown in front of your eyes. NOWHERE have I mentioned the 'Football League'. What I said was we have the best defence in the league - ie, our league, the Championship, the league we are about to get promoted from. You really are a simpleton.[/p][/quote]What you have mentioned is 'Division' and 'League'. Someone with half a brain and also knowing how inbreds can get carried away would assume you were talking about the whole league in this context. Sean Mark Dyche. Took Watford to 11th. Took Burnley to 11th. Suddenly created a new footballing philosophy and took Burnley to the Premier League title. I don't think so. What happened was for the first half of this season, no one really rated you and gave no respect. In fact many Burnley fans felt the same and indeed still at this time can't believe their luck as to what has happened this season. Hense all the bitterness on these boards. From recollection, Blackburn fans quickly moved on to Man Utd being the enemy and Burnley were quickly forgotten. Some now feel quite refreshed, after Burnley managed 1 win in 35 years, to have a good local derby back on the fixture list. Since Christmas you've done ok though included in that recently have ragged it. The small squad has now been shown to be what it is. Possibly too late to prevent an embarrassment to the club next season. Burnley are simply not ready in any respect to be involved in the Premier League. This is why I say it's been a lucky season. Luck tends to even itself out. Roll on next season. TurfMoorTom
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree