Cairney can be our David Silva, says Blackburn Rovers boss

David Silva has starred for Manchester City from the right

David Silva has starred for Manchester City from the right

First published in Sport Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Sports reporter

GARY Bowyer believes Tom Cairney can be Blackburn Rovers’ version of David Silva as the former Hull youngster looks set to continue in a much-debated position on the right of midfield.

Cairney goes into tonight’s League Cup first round tie at home to Scunthorpe United on the back of a man of the match performance in Friday’s season opener against Cardiff, when the 23-year-old earned Rovers a point with a stunning 25-yard goal.

Cairney has mainly played on the right, as he did against Cardiff, since arriving at Ewood Park in a decision that has divided the opinion of fans.

Bowyer has not ruled out utilising Cairney in the centre of midfield when the need arises but cited the example of Manchester City’s Silva, another left footer who plays on the right, as the reason why he believes Cairney is better suited to a wide role.

“I know there’s a bit of a debate but if you go through the games and the number of chances Tom gets playing in that position, it’s sometimes very difficult to pick him up,” Bowyer said.

“If he plays in midfield you can go and stand right against him.

“We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn’t say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion.

“This year with the initial progress of Alex Baptiste and the delivery he has got from that area, Tom’s movement enables that to happen.

“There will be times when we play Tom in central midfield in games that we need to, but the best thing about him is it doesn’t matter where you ask him to play.

“He loves playing football, he’s got fantastic technical ability.”

Rovers paid Hull around £500,000 to convert Cairney’s loan move into a permanent deal in January but Bowyer believes the midfielder’s progress since then means he would now command a huge fee.

Fulham paid £11m for Leeds striker Ross McCormack this summer, while Nottingham Forest shelled out £5.5m to sign Britt Assombalonga from League One club Peterborough. “I think when you look through the sales this summer and the prices that have been paid for League One players, Championship players, then our lads have increased massively in value,” Bowyer said.

“Tom got better and better from playing games last season. He got more confidence and he is one whose value from when we signed him to now has gone through the roof in my opinion.

“He has the capabilities to play in the Premier League, that’s for sure.”

Comments (23)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:34pm Tue 12 Aug 14

TurfMoor Tom says...

Oh please can we stop with this nonsense. I cant take much more embarrassment from my club. Ive heard it all now. Comparing a Hull reject to David Silva. You couldnt make it up.

Bowyer, you are a fool. Keep your mouth shut. The Burnley fans have enough to torment us with, we dont need you giving them more ammunition.
Oh please can we stop with this nonsense. I cant take much more embarrassment from my club. Ive heard it all now. Comparing a Hull reject to David Silva. You couldnt make it up. Bowyer, you are a fool. Keep your mouth shut. The Burnley fans have enough to torment us with, we dont need you giving them more ammunition. TurfMoor Tom
  • Score: -15

3:41pm Tue 12 Aug 14

claret777 says...

What an insult to David Silva...Hull City reject..pmsl..what next ? David Dunn....Maradona...R
hodes.....Shearer...
keep em coming.
What an insult to David Silva...Hull City reject..pmsl..what next ? David Dunn....Maradona...R hodes.....Shearer... keep em coming. claret777
  • Score: -15

3:51pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Harwoodstblue says...

Top prospect , but the debate will go on regards his best position. Many argue playing on the right isn't his best but he can make things happen and score goals from there as well.
We'll just have to trust Bowyer on this one and see how things progress but I guess the fans will let him know if things don't work out.
The nob ed above had put seven hours in already on the articles of the team he despises. What a shameful waste of a life.
Top prospect , but the debate will go on regards his best position. Many argue playing on the right isn't his best but he can make things happen and score goals from there as well. We'll just have to trust Bowyer on this one and see how things progress but I guess the fans will let him know if things don't work out. The nob ed above had put seven hours in already on the articles of the team he despises. What a shameful waste of a life. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 11

3:57pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Harwoodstblue says...

claret777 wrote:
What an insult to David Silva...Hull City reject..pmsl..what next ? David Dunn....Maradona...R

hodes.....Shearer...

keep em coming.
BTW have you lot signed any Premier League players yet?
No ? What a comical way to pepare for a Premier League campaign, albeit a short one.
[quote][p][bold]claret777[/bold] wrote: What an insult to David Silva...Hull City reject..pmsl..what next ? David Dunn....Maradona...R hodes.....Shearer... keep em coming.[/p][/quote]BTW have you lot signed any Premier League players yet? No ? What a comical way to pepare for a Premier League campaign, albeit a short one. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 10

4:07pm Tue 12 Aug 14

aviitt says...

claret777 wrote:
What an insult to David Silva...Hull City reject..pmsl..what next ? David Dunn....Maradona...R

hodes.....Shearer...

keep em coming.
Was very predictable someone moron would automatically assume GB was saying Tom Cairney is as good as David Silva, he's not, but you don't have the footballing knowledge, or brain capacity for that matter to understand that, do you? Do you really think you have to be as good as a certain player in order to perform a similar role in a lesser team? Are you that naive? If you're a target man, it doesn't matter if you're Christian Vieri, or an overweight 6'4'' lummox playing Sunday league, you're still both target men. Before you inevitably assume I'm comparing Cairney to an overweight lummox (you're stupid enough to do that), I'll answer prematurely, I'm not.
[quote][p][bold]claret777[/bold] wrote: What an insult to David Silva...Hull City reject..pmsl..what next ? David Dunn....Maradona...R hodes.....Shearer... keep em coming.[/p][/quote]Was very predictable someone moron would automatically assume GB was saying Tom Cairney is as good as David Silva, he's not, but you don't have the footballing knowledge, or brain capacity for that matter to understand that, do you? Do you really think you have to be as good as a certain player in order to perform a similar role in a lesser team? Are you that naive? If you're a target man, it doesn't matter if you're Christian Vieri, or an overweight 6'4'' lummox playing Sunday league, you're still both target men. Before you inevitably assume I'm comparing Cairney to an overweight lummox (you're stupid enough to do that), I'll answer prematurely, I'm not. aviitt
  • Score: 5

4:08pm Tue 12 Aug 14

TurfMoor Tom says...

Harwoodstblue wrote:
claret777 wrote:
What an insult to David Silva...Hull City reject..pmsl..what next ? David Dunn....Maradona...R


hodes.....Shearer...


keep em coming.
BTW have you lot signed any Premier League players yet?
No ? What a comical way to pepare for a Premier League campaign, albeit a short one.
Have we signed any Championship players yet? No? What a comical way to prepare for a second division campaign, albeit probably a short one. Why are we now panicking about re recruiting a defender? Why is Bowyer already begging for funds? Why do I feel so ashamed to be a Rovers fan?
[quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]claret777[/bold] wrote: What an insult to David Silva...Hull City reject..pmsl..what next ? David Dunn....Maradona...R hodes.....Shearer... keep em coming.[/p][/quote]BTW have you lot signed any Premier League players yet? No ? What a comical way to pepare for a Premier League campaign, albeit a short one.[/p][/quote]Have we signed any Championship players yet? No? What a comical way to prepare for a second division campaign, albeit probably a short one. Why are we now panicking about re recruiting a defender? Why is Bowyer already begging for funds? Why do I feel so ashamed to be a Rovers fan? TurfMoor Tom
  • Score: -2

4:08pm Tue 12 Aug 14

mark anthony says...

Sounds like a blast from the pass comment o dear me
Sounds like a blast from the pass comment o dear me mark anthony
  • Score: -1

4:14pm Tue 12 Aug 14

owd nick says...

I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison.

For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said.

“We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion."

Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play.

GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this".

It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs.

That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.
I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison. For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said. “We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion." Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play. GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this". It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs. That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday. owd nick
  • Score: 12

4:18pm Tue 12 Aug 14

TurfMoor Tom says...

owd nick wrote:
I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison.

For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said.

“We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion."

Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play.

GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this".

It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs.

That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.
But what if he doesnt? What have we got to throw at them if they dont get beat?

We have run out of ammo.
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison. For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said. “We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion." Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play. GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this". It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs. That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.[/p][/quote]But what if he doesnt? What have we got to throw at them if they dont get beat? We have run out of ammo. TurfMoor Tom
  • Score: -5

4:26pm Tue 12 Aug 14

aviitt says...

TurfMoor Tom wrote:
owd nick wrote:
I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison.

For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said.

“We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion."

Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play.

GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this".

It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs.

That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.
But what if he doesnt? What have we got to throw at them if they dont get beat?

We have run out of ammo.
Our 11 major trophies compared to their 3? A superior number of derby day wins under our belt? The fact that we are THE most SUCCESSFUL town team this country has EVER seen by an absolute MILE? The fact that we were the only town team to proudly have our name engraved on the Premier League trophy, and will be the only team to ever have that? Don't worry mate, we've plenty of ammo ;)
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoor Tom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison. For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said. “We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion." Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play. GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this". It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs. That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.[/p][/quote]But what if he doesnt? What have we got to throw at them if they dont get beat? We have run out of ammo.[/p][/quote]Our 11 major trophies compared to their 3? A superior number of derby day wins under our belt? The fact that we are THE most SUCCESSFUL town team this country has EVER seen by an absolute MILE? The fact that we were the only town team to proudly have our name engraved on the Premier League trophy, and will be the only team to ever have that? Don't worry mate, we've plenty of ammo ;) aviitt
  • Score: 6

4:31pm Tue 12 Aug 14

owd nick says...

aviitt wrote:
TurfMoor Tom wrote:
owd nick wrote:
I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison.

For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said.

“We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion."

Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play.

GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this".

It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs.

That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.
But what if he doesnt? What have we got to throw at them if they dont get beat?

We have run out of ammo.
Our 11 major trophies compared to their 3? A superior number of derby day wins under our belt? The fact that we are THE most SUCCESSFUL town team this country has EVER seen by an absolute MILE? The fact that we were the only town team to proudly have our name engraved on the Premier League trophy, and will be the only team to ever have that? Don't worry mate, we've plenty of ammo ;)
While I agree with your comments ignoring the clown rather than giving it something to respond to would be more effective in the long run.
[quote][p][bold]aviitt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoor Tom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison. For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said. “We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion." Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play. GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this". It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs. That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.[/p][/quote]But what if he doesnt? What have we got to throw at them if they dont get beat? We have run out of ammo.[/p][/quote]Our 11 major trophies compared to their 3? A superior number of derby day wins under our belt? The fact that we are THE most SUCCESSFUL town team this country has EVER seen by an absolute MILE? The fact that we were the only town team to proudly have our name engraved on the Premier League trophy, and will be the only team to ever have that? Don't worry mate, we've plenty of ammo ;)[/p][/quote]While I agree with your comments ignoring the clown rather than giving it something to respond to would be more effective in the long run. owd nick
  • Score: 2

4:33pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Harwoodstblue says...

owd nick wrote:
I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison.

For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said.

“We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion."

Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play.

GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this".

It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs.

That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.
Nice try Owd nick. You can try to educate them but as they say you can't put brains where there are none?
Ah Monday...let's see if Dyche's 'Premier League squad ' have what it takes to mix it with the big boys...
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison. For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said. “We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion." Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play. GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this". It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs. That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.[/p][/quote]Nice try Owd nick. You can try to educate them but as they say you can't put brains where there are none? Ah Monday...let's see if Dyche's 'Premier League squad ' have what it takes to mix it with the big boys... Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 0

4:34pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Ewood_Mark says...

Cairney the next Silva? Just like when we said Goodwillie was the next Rooney? God our club is an embarrassment. Oh yeah our own fans also tipping us for promotion has to beat them all. Comedy Gold.
Cairney the next Silva? Just like when we said Goodwillie was the next Rooney? God our club is an embarrassment. Oh yeah our own fans also tipping us for promotion has to beat them all. Comedy Gold. Ewood_Mark
  • Score: -2

4:49pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Mr Ted Maul says...

They sure do breed 'em thick in Bonleh!

If the posts on this thread are anything to go by, the gene pool over there is more like a stagnant puddle.

Did you hear about the Bonleh fan who decided to look up him family tree?

A monkey crapped in his face.
They sure do breed 'em thick in Bonleh! If the posts on this thread are anything to go by, the gene pool over there is more like a stagnant puddle. Did you hear about the Bonleh fan who decided to look up him family tree? A monkey crapped in his face. Mr Ted Maul
  • Score: 6

5:06pm Tue 12 Aug 14

tall in the saddle says...

owd nick wrote:
I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison.

For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said.

“We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion."

Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play.

GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this".

It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs.

That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.
And just suppose Chelsea don’t win after spending millions and millions on players. Who would be better then? Who would offer better value for money?
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison. For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said. “We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion." Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play. GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this". It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs. That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.[/p][/quote]And just suppose Chelsea don’t win after spending millions and millions on players. Who would be better then? Who would offer better value for money? tall in the saddle
  • Score: -2

5:09pm Tue 12 Aug 14

tall in the saddle says...

Mr Ted Maul wrote:
They sure do breed 'em thick in Bonleh!

If the posts on this thread are anything to go by, the gene pool over there is more like a stagnant puddle.

Did you hear about the Bonleh fan who decided to look up him family tree?

A monkey crapped in his face.
Wow real top stuff. Get on the stage honey.
[quote][p][bold]Mr Ted Maul[/bold] wrote: They sure do breed 'em thick in Bonleh! If the posts on this thread are anything to go by, the gene pool over there is more like a stagnant puddle. Did you hear about the Bonleh fan who decided to look up him family tree? A monkey crapped in his face.[/p][/quote]Wow real top stuff. Get on the stage honey. tall in the saddle
  • Score: 3

5:35pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Mr Ted Maul says...

Why thank you!

I'm glad that you found someone to explain it to you.
Why thank you! I'm glad that you found someone to explain it to you. Mr Ted Maul
  • Score: -1

6:05pm Tue 12 Aug 14

jimluftas says...

TurfMoor Tom wrote:
owd nick wrote:
I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison.

For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said.

“We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion."

Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play.

GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this".

It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs.

That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.
But what if he doesnt? What have we got to throw at them if they dont get beat?

We have run out of ammo.
Clowns like you give us plenty of ammo.
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoor Tom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison. For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said. “We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion." Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play. GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this". It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs. That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.[/p][/quote]But what if he doesnt? What have we got to throw at them if they dont get beat? We have run out of ammo.[/p][/quote]Clowns like you give us plenty of ammo. jimluftas
  • Score: 1

6:26pm Tue 12 Aug 14

more bans than ray - brfc lxxv says...

tall in the saddle wrote:
owd nick wrote:
I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison.

For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said.

“We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion."

Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play.

GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this".

It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs.

That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.
And just suppose Chelsea don’t win after spending millions and millions on players. Who would be better then? Who would offer better value for money?
I reckon you'll draw 1-1 with Chelsea sparking the latest bout of monumental over reaction and hysteria.

Suppose it's to be expected given what you are.
[quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison. For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said. “We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion." Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play. GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this". It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs. That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.[/p][/quote]And just suppose Chelsea don’t win after spending millions and millions on players. Who would be better then? Who would offer better value for money?[/p][/quote]I reckon you'll draw 1-1 with Chelsea sparking the latest bout of monumental over reaction and hysteria. Suppose it's to be expected given what you are. more bans than ray - brfc lxxv
  • Score: 6

10:14pm Tue 12 Aug 14

TurfMoor Tom says...

aviitt wrote:
TurfMoor Tom wrote:
owd nick wrote:
I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison.

For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said.

“We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion."

Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play.

GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this".

It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs.

That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.
But what if he doesnt? What have we got to throw at them if they dont get beat?

We have run out of ammo.
Our 11 major trophies compared to their 3? A superior number of derby day wins under our belt? The fact that we are THE most SUCCESSFUL town team this country has EVER seen by an absolute MILE? The fact that we were the only town team to proudly have our name engraved on the Premier League trophy, and will be the only team to ever have that? Don't worry mate, we've plenty of ammo ;)
And yet we get beat at home by Scunthorpe so your argument looks a tad lame doesn't it. We have nothing.

Wind you neck in fool, we're a shambles and on tonight's evidence we'll be lucky to stay in the Championship, its going to be a long hard season of disappointment.
[quote][p][bold]aviitt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoor Tom[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison. For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said. “We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion." Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play. GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this". It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs. That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.[/p][/quote]But what if he doesnt? What have we got to throw at them if they dont get beat? We have run out of ammo.[/p][/quote]Our 11 major trophies compared to their 3? A superior number of derby day wins under our belt? The fact that we are THE most SUCCESSFUL town team this country has EVER seen by an absolute MILE? The fact that we were the only town team to proudly have our name engraved on the Premier League trophy, and will be the only team to ever have that? Don't worry mate, we've plenty of ammo ;)[/p][/quote]And yet we get beat at home by Scunthorpe so your argument looks a tad lame doesn't it. We have nothing. Wind you neck in fool, we're a shambles and on tonight's evidence we'll be lucky to stay in the Championship, its going to be a long hard season of disappointment. TurfMoor Tom
  • Score: -2

10:23pm Tue 12 Aug 14

Crazy times says...

Oh my god!! Cairney is class in the championship but silva is different class in the premier league. Get a grip Gary, time for a change?
Oh my god!! Cairney is class in the championship but silva is different class in the premier league. Get a grip Gary, time for a change? Crazy times
  • Score: -2

11:58pm Tue 12 Aug 14

owd nick says...

tall in the saddle wrote:
owd nick wrote:
I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison.

For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said.

“We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion."

Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play.

GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this".

It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs.

That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.
And just suppose Chelsea don’t win after spending millions and millions on players. Who would be better then? Who would offer better value for money?
Simple question, would you put your life savings on Burnley beating Chelsea on Monday?

If Rovers were in your position I wouldn't, simply because clubs of our stature cannot compete anymore, clubs like Chelsea and the rest have enough players to put a C or even D team out that would wipe the floor with us.
[quote][p][bold]tall in the saddle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: I was going to say that I would bet some idiots would be railing on about GB comparing Cairney to David Silva and ridiculing the comparison. For those who don't understand the English language this is what GB actually said. “We looked at where David Silva plays at Manchester City and you wouldn't say he’s a winger. Tom does a very similar job to Silva in our opinion." Doing a similar job isn't the same as having the same skill sets; etc; etc, it's how and where GB wants him to play. GB has faced criticism from many fans for playing him in that position, all he has done is that he has actually come out and said "This is the reason I am doing this". It's interesting isn't it, the morons from Turd Moor are having a go, but they openly compare Dyche to Mourinho, they have even had a scarf made for Mondays match that does just that, ffs. That is so laughable it's beyond a joke, I'm pretty sure that Mourinho will put the record straight on Monday.[/p][/quote]And just suppose Chelsea don’t win after spending millions and millions on players. Who would be better then? Who would offer better value for money?[/p][/quote]Simple question, would you put your life savings on Burnley beating Chelsea on Monday? If Rovers were in your position I wouldn't, simply because clubs of our stature cannot compete anymore, clubs like Chelsea and the rest have enough players to put a C or even D team out that would wipe the floor with us. owd nick
  • Score: 1

9:06am Wed 13 Aug 14

andy1 says...

Dont Panic No Dads Steve's on stand by Mrs D liked him for when Bowyer is sacked. Mrs D quoted yesterday we don't care what the tramps and scruffs say we select the managers not them. Has a family we own this club not the unwashed from Shadsworth.
Dont Panic No Dads Steve's on stand by Mrs D liked him for when Bowyer is sacked. Mrs D quoted yesterday we don't care what the tramps and scruffs say we select the managers not them. Has a family we own this club not the unwashed from Shadsworth. andy1
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree