The Lancashire Academy of American Football has announced that it is creating a youth team alongside their senior and junior Lancashire Wolverines in Blackburn.
This will be a kitted, full contact team for ages 14-17, and it is the club’s intention to enter it into the British American Football Association leagues in 2015.
The setup will practice and play on a Saturday in the 5v5 format and will be looking to actively recruit in the very near future.
With this in mind the academy is now actively recruiting for several roles: General Manager Duties will include
- Organising all admin and paperwork.
- Being the team’s contact and representative with the League.
- Booking necessary transport.
- Regulating and distributing kit.
- Being the team’s contact with parents/guardians.
- Running game day including booking of pitches, referees and any other relevant staff (chain crew, medical staff).
- Any other off-field duties Head Coach Duties to include...
- Overseeing all coaching aspects of the team.
- Creating playbooks.
- Take training sessions
- Coaching on game days.
- Developing youth players to the best of their ability.
- Any other on-field duties Any potential applicants must be able to fully commit to the role but will have the full support of the committee and other coaches.
Other roles will come available at a later date but these offer a fantastic opportunity for any current player or coach to further develop their skills.
Anyone interested in any of these roles or, indeed, any role at the Lancashire Academy, where they have teams for ages 14-plus should get in touch via the email LancsWolverines@gmail.com.