A SQUAD of 16 swimmers from Great Harwood Otter Swimming club represented their respective schools at ESSA’s Northwest Individual Championships , at Bolton One Leisure Centre recently.
And the young Otter club swimmers were in fine early season form – triumphing in many races and being well placed in many others.
The impressive surroundings of the Bolton One Pool suited the Otter club swimmers and they posted several podium finishes and personal best times.
Otter Club Head coach Derrick Miller, who accompanied the clubs swimmers, had high hopes – and his swimmers didn’t disappoint him or their schools.
“This is a high quality championship, and is run on qualifying times,” said Miller. “Unfortunately quite a few of our swimmers were ineligible for all the races they entered, as their entry times were too fast, but each of my swimmers certainly excelled in the races they competed in, winning a clutch of golds, silvers and bronze medals for their schools.
“What pleased me as much as the haul of medals and many PBs was my swimmers positive attitude in and around the pool.
“They were focused, and this showed in the quality of their individual swims, we now have some of our clubs swimmers who are North West champions for their schools in their age group, we target our training to be efficient and effective and these young swimmers were certainly very effective in this competition.”
- Harris Clegg three golds (100 F/S, 50 Fly, 50 B/S). Stevie Hacking two golds (50 F/S, 50 B/S). Edward Crisp one bronze (100 F/S,50 F/S). William Crisp one gold (100 B/S,50 F/S).
- Laila Wardle two events (100 F/S, 50 Fly). Joshua Bleasdale two events (100 F/S,100 B/S). Ryan Wardle two events,(100 F/S, 100 B/S). Oliver Ward two events (50 F/S,100 B/S), Emily Robertson two events (100 F/S,100 B/S), Ella Grimshaw four events (100 F/S,100 B/S,50 F/S,50 B/S).
- Jarvis Davis one silver (100 B/S). Georgia Beswick two events (100 F/S,100 B/S).
- Mae Anderson two events (50 Fly,50 F/S).
- Arielle Methven three events won one bronze (100 B/S,50 F/S, 50 B/S). Sophie Donovan three events (100 F/S, 100 B/S,50 F/S).
- Natasha Barker 2 swims (100 F/S,100B/S).
- If you would like your son or daughter to join the Otters winning team, be they novice, improver or experienced competitive swimmers please contact Joyce 01254 884247 or visit the Otter website for further details http://www.otters-swimming-club.co.uk