Pendle Phoenix 54 Broughton 0

Pendle welcomed Broughton to Hodge House hoping to secure a bonus point victory – and they did in style running in eight tries.

The first came from a trademark catch and drive from the Pendle forwards five metres out and resulted in Craig Wiseman scoring.

Andy Dutton missed the conversion in difficult conditions but a second try came after Broughton kicked away possession and Nick Martin drove into the heart of the visiting team.

Quick clear out from Lee Rowland and Shawn Moss allowed Shaye McCullough to feed Liam Canning, who drew the defenders and popped the ball to the supporting Rob Lawless to score.

Andy Dutton was this time on target and the score moved to 12-0.

The next score came from a scrum against the head and Shaye McCullough found space to outpace the Broughton covering defence to score the third try which Dutton converted to make it 19-0.

The securing of the bonus point was soon in the bag.

Though Broughton had worked their way down in the Pendle 22, excellent defence from Carl Wiseman resulted in a turnover and quick hands found Liam Canning in space.

He in turn found a speedy James Hall, who sprinted clear and scored under the posts.

Andy Dutton again added the extras despite the wind and Pendle soon found themselves in a 26-0 lead.

Just before half time Pendle added a further two tries, first from Sonny Waddington and then a second from Rob Lawless. Andy Dutton added the extras and Pendle lead at half time 40-0.

Phoenix were keen to start the second half ASAP, as the weather was fast deteriorating.

Pendle were hoping the strong wind would help them but in truth it caused havoc for both teams and missed opportunities were the story of the second half.

Pendle were, however, able to score when Daniel Owen made a break.

Held up short of the line, a quick ruck enabled Phil Perry to feed Nick Martin, who threw a dummy and ran in without a Borughton player touching him.

Andy Dutton again nailed the conversation and Pendle further added to the lead at 47-0.

The final try came when Sonny Waddington saw gaps behind the Broughton defence and kicked into open space.

Paul McGladdery out-paced the Broughton covering defence and hacked on further, only to be out run by his own team mate James Hall, who touched down for the final try of the game.

Andy Dutton rounded off an excellent individual kicking performance with the added extras and Pendle finished the game 54-0 winners.