Dyche: Burnley should have taken three points in Rovers clash

Sean Dyche

Sean Dyche

First published in Sport

SEAN Dyche felt a point was the least his players deserved on derby day, declaring it would have been “a travesty” if Burnley had been beaten.

After bossing the first half against Blackburn, the Clarets fell behind to a Jordan Rhodes header in the 68th minute.

But Sam Vokes made it all square by heading his second goal of the season past Paul Robinson in the 89th.

Dyche believed his players had done enough over the course of the game to warrant all three points.

But despite encouraging his players to re-write the derby history books – after an almost 34-year wait to beat Rovers – in the circumstances he admitted that he was satisfied with the draw.

“I like the mentality of these games,” said the Burnley boss.

“I was even suggesting the turnaround in history, making it clear to the lads what better chance have you got?

“When it’s so far against you historically it’s time to turn it round and we so nearly did, and probably should have.

“But to give the fans that goal at the end is really important because it would have been a bit of a travesty I felt to come away from that with nothing.

“In the first half I thought we were very dominant on every level, the physicality of the side, the organisation and what I was very pleased with and I thought was very important was the quality of it.

“Not just the quality, but you want to shift the ball, you want to keep it, but you have to penetrate and I thought we penetrated on many occasions and came across two centre halves and a keeper in fine form in the first half.”

But Dyche admitted it was difficult to sustain that level of performance for an entire game.

“They’re good sides that you play against in the Championship and it’s very difficult to dominate 90 minutes plus whatever else the referee plays. You’re trying to do that and you want that consistency of performance,” he said.

“They got back into it in a spell when it wasn’t great football but rough and tumble and then got a goal against the grain of it, on the break, which we were disappointed with.

“But the mentality of the group was fantastic.

“After that little soft spell in the performance I thought we came back very strong and finished in fine shape, and going forward on the front foot as I call it.

“The mentality got affected for about 10 minutes and then it came back again, and we started playing again and shifting the ball. I really enjoyed the impact the subs made because that’s important over a season that they’re ready to come on and ready to affect the game and they affected it on the day.

“Overall I thought we deserved minimum a point and probably on reflection all three.”

Comments (33)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:22pm Mon 3 Dec 12

merlinrabbit says...

Should never won anybody anything. You didn't win and that's that. If Rovers put all their team on garden leave, Burnley still couldn't engineer a win.
Should never won anybody anything. You didn't win and that's that. If Rovers put all their team on garden leave, Burnley still couldn't engineer a win. merlinrabbit
  • Score: 0

2:37pm Mon 3 Dec 12

Return of the Magnificent se7en says...

A draw at home to your arch rivals is a bad as a defeat. 33 years and all that baloney leading up to the game and you bottled it.
Chim Chiminee mr Dick van Dyke
A draw at home to your arch rivals is a bad as a defeat. 33 years and all that baloney leading up to the game and you bottled it. Chim Chiminee mr Dick van Dyke Return of the Magnificent se7en
  • Score: 0

3:08pm Mon 3 Dec 12

midas says...

Return of the Magnificent se7en wrote:
A draw at home to your arch rivals is a bad as a defeat. 33 years and all that baloney leading up to the game and you bottled it. Chim Chiminee mr Dick van Dyke
but its not though and thats the point that seems to elude most Rovers fans. In previous years we have watched with more hope than expectation and have been second best in every match.
.
Yesterday was perhaps the first time that the crowd spent the match actually focused on the football not shouting insults and that was because we were the better team (and thats backed up by all the statistics, shots on and off target, number of passes, time spent in oposing half, corners, throw ins etc in fact the only stat that Rovers were clearly ahead was saves by goalkeeper (who was the man of the match).
.
As for "baloney leading up to the game" what do you expect the players and management to say? Burnley didn't bottle it, Rovers where saved by some excellent goalkeeping from Robinson (who was the man of the match) and some brave "body on the line" defending. Rovers didn't have a meaningful shot on target until the 61st minute. 3 corners of which 2 didn't get past the first man, 2 direct free kicks into the wall etc.
.
We may be a small town mid table Championship club but for the first time in years, having watched probably the weakest Rovers team I can remember, we were the better team and thats why there was so much joy when we equalised, not just because it was the 89th minute and it must have been a crushing feeling, but the realisation that not only was it deserved but it highlighted just how far Rovers have fallen. Promotion? you wont even get in the playoffs.
.
[quote][p][bold]Return of the Magnificent se7en[/bold] wrote: A draw at home to your arch rivals is a bad as a defeat. 33 years and all that baloney leading up to the game and you bottled it. Chim Chiminee mr Dick van Dyke[/p][/quote]but its not though and thats the point that seems to elude most Rovers fans. In previous years we have watched with more hope than expectation and have been second best in every match. . Yesterday was perhaps the first time that the crowd spent the match actually focused on the football not shouting insults and that was because we were the better team (and thats backed up by all the statistics, shots on and off target, number of passes, time spent in oposing half, corners, throw ins etc in fact the only stat that Rovers were clearly ahead was saves by goalkeeper (who was the man of the match). . As for "baloney leading up to the game" what do you expect the players and management to say? Burnley didn't bottle it, Rovers where saved by some excellent goalkeeping from Robinson (who was the man of the match) and some brave "body on the line" defending. Rovers didn't have a meaningful shot on target until the 61st minute. 3 corners of which 2 didn't get past the first man, 2 direct free kicks into the wall etc. . We may be a small town mid table Championship club but for the first time in years, having watched probably the weakest Rovers team I can remember, we were the better team and thats why there was so much joy when we equalised, not just because it was the 89th minute and it must have been a crushing feeling, but the realisation that not only was it deserved but it highlighted just how far Rovers have fallen. Promotion? you wont even get in the playoffs. . midas
  • Score: 0

3:55pm Mon 3 Dec 12

Chico! says...

midas wrote:
Return of the Magnificent se7en wrote:
A draw at home to your arch rivals is a bad as a defeat. 33 years and all that baloney leading up to the game and you bottled it. Chim Chiminee mr Dick van Dyke
but its not though and thats the point that seems to elude most Rovers fans. In previous years we have watched with more hope than expectation and have been second best in every match.
.
Yesterday was perhaps the first time that the crowd spent the match actually focused on the football not shouting insults and that was because we were the better team (and thats backed up by all the statistics, shots on and off target, number of passes, time spent in oposing half, corners, throw ins etc in fact the only stat that Rovers were clearly ahead was saves by goalkeeper (who was the man of the match).
.
As for "baloney leading up to the game" what do you expect the players and management to say? Burnley didn't bottle it, Rovers where saved by some excellent goalkeeping from Robinson (who was the man of the match) and some brave "body on the line" defending. Rovers didn't have a meaningful shot on target until the 61st minute. 3 corners of which 2 didn't get past the first man, 2 direct free kicks into the wall etc.
.
We may be a small town mid table Championship club but for the first time in years, having watched probably the weakest Rovers team I can remember, we were the better team and thats why there was so much joy when we equalised, not just because it was the 89th minute and it must have been a crushing feeling, but the realisation that not only was it deserved but it highlighted just how far Rovers have fallen. Promotion? you wont even get in the playoffs.
.
And Bonleh's number one cheerleader comes waddling over to bore us all to tears.

Bitter little man.

x
[quote][p][bold]midas[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Return of the Magnificent se7en[/bold] wrote: A draw at home to your arch rivals is a bad as a defeat. 33 years and all that baloney leading up to the game and you bottled it. Chim Chiminee mr Dick van Dyke[/p][/quote]but its not though and thats the point that seems to elude most Rovers fans. In previous years we have watched with more hope than expectation and have been second best in every match. . Yesterday was perhaps the first time that the crowd spent the match actually focused on the football not shouting insults and that was because we were the better team (and thats backed up by all the statistics, shots on and off target, number of passes, time spent in oposing half, corners, throw ins etc in fact the only stat that Rovers were clearly ahead was saves by goalkeeper (who was the man of the match). . As for "baloney leading up to the game" what do you expect the players and management to say? Burnley didn't bottle it, Rovers where saved by some excellent goalkeeping from Robinson (who was the man of the match) and some brave "body on the line" defending. Rovers didn't have a meaningful shot on target until the 61st minute. 3 corners of which 2 didn't get past the first man, 2 direct free kicks into the wall etc. . We may be a small town mid table Championship club but for the first time in years, having watched probably the weakest Rovers team I can remember, we were the better team and thats why there was so much joy when we equalised, not just because it was the 89th minute and it must have been a crushing feeling, but the realisation that not only was it deserved but it highlighted just how far Rovers have fallen. Promotion? you wont even get in the playoffs. .[/p][/quote]And Bonleh's number one cheerleader comes waddling over to bore us all to tears. Bitter little man. x Chico!
  • Score: 0

4:13pm Mon 3 Dec 12

midas says...

Oh bless you Chico!, isn't their a cruise line wating for you? I'd give up on the football if i were you, your "talents" are wasted. I'm surprised you've not gone to join Eddie in Bournmouth, or is it Brighton that excites you?
.
Caio Chico!
Oh bless you Chico!, isn't their a cruise line wating for you? I'd give up on the football if i were you, your "talents" are wasted. I'm surprised you've not gone to join Eddie in Bournmouth, or is it Brighton that excites you? . Caio Chico! midas
  • Score: 0

4:26pm Mon 3 Dec 12

Dublin Claret says...

A draw was not the worst result. Fact is you dont always get what you deserve, so if you cant win.... dont lose, respect the point! Sean's record is still playoff form and I like what I see and hear. Actually, I always fancied us more in the away fixture anyway. We'll see!
A draw was not the worst result. Fact is you dont always get what you deserve, so if you cant win.... dont lose, respect the point! Sean's record is still playoff form and I like what I see and hear. Actually, I always fancied us more in the away fixture anyway. We'll see! Dublin Claret
  • Score: 0

5:17pm Mon 3 Dec 12

FCBurnley says...

When will the B******s realize that their time is over. Jack Walker and his money are long gone. The owners of the club are Indian businessmen who only care about making money and promoting their name. They will have no hesitation in closing the club down if it starts to lose money which it surely is. They have already had a nice return on the original investment. BRFC is simply a plaything to the. The appointment of Berg and the sale of any decent players supports this. Rhodes was only bought in the hope his value would increase. Dreams of a return to the PL are exactly that.......dreams and wild ones at that. Rovers are poorly supported, poorly run and the fans need to face up to fact that they are back in the real world and not Uncle Jacks Fantasyland.
When will the B******s realize that their time is over. Jack Walker and his money are long gone. The owners of the club are Indian businessmen who only care about making money and promoting their name. They will have no hesitation in closing the club down if it starts to lose money which it surely is. They have already had a nice return on the original investment. BRFC is simply a plaything to the. The appointment of Berg and the sale of any decent players supports this. Rhodes was only bought in the hope his value would increase. Dreams of a return to the PL are exactly that.......dreams and wild ones at that. Rovers are poorly supported, poorly run and the fans need to face up to fact that they are back in the real world and not Uncle Jacks Fantasyland. FCBurnley
  • Score: 0

5:45pm Mon 3 Dec 12

hasslem hasslem says...

midas wrote:
Oh bless you Chico!, isn't their a cruise line wating for you? I'd give up on the football if i were you, your "talents" are wasted. I'm surprised you've not gone to join Eddie in Bournmouth, or is it Brighton that excites you?
.
Caio Chico!
midas - i have been off here for a while as it has, generally, disintegrated into mindless mud-chucking.

however, i have always enjoyed your smug contributions which are usually laced with wit and insight.

i wouldn't normally comment on anybody's typos and grammar. but for one so normally precise - i feel compelled to make the observation that your often high standards are progressively slipping.

think you may be losing it old boy. go get yourself checked out. my diagnosis is that you spend too much time around fellow yorkie dingles.

get well soon! hope you kept those donkey ears warm in the cold yesterday.
[quote][p][bold]midas[/bold] wrote: Oh bless you Chico!, isn't their a cruise line wating for you? I'd give up on the football if i were you, your "talents" are wasted. I'm surprised you've not gone to join Eddie in Bournmouth, or is it Brighton that excites you? . Caio Chico![/p][/quote]midas - i have been off here for a while as it has, generally, disintegrated into mindless mud-chucking. however, i have always enjoyed your smug contributions which are usually laced with wit and insight. i wouldn't normally comment on anybody's typos and grammar. but for one so normally precise - i feel compelled to make the observation that your often high standards are progressively slipping. think you may be losing it old boy. go get yourself checked out. my diagnosis is that you spend too much time around fellow yorkie dingles. get well soon! hope you kept those donkey ears warm in the cold yesterday. hasslem hasslem
  • Score: 0

6:03pm Mon 3 Dec 12

midas says...

hasslem hasslem wrote:
midas wrote:
Oh bless you Chico!, isn't their a cruise line wating for you? I'd give up on the football if i were you, your "talents" are wasted. I'm surprised you've not gone to join Eddie in Bournmouth, or is it Brighton that excites you?
.
Caio Chico!
midas - i have been off here for a while as it has, generally, disintegrated into mindless mud-chucking.

however, i have always enjoyed your smug contributions which are usually laced with wit and insight.

i wouldn't normally comment on anybody's typos and grammar. but for one so normally precise - i feel compelled to make the observation that your often high standards are progressively slipping.

think you may be losing it old boy. go get yourself checked out. my diagnosis is that you spend too much time around fellow yorkie dingles.

get well soon! hope you kept those donkey ears warm in the cold yesterday.
You could be right :-) I am starting to find myself responding to the most witless comments! I'm sure I was responding to a much better class of Rovers fan 18 months ago! Where have the "old school" gone?
[quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]midas[/bold] wrote: Oh bless you Chico!, isn't their a cruise line wating for you? I'd give up on the football if i were you, your "talents" are wasted. I'm surprised you've not gone to join Eddie in Bournmouth, or is it Brighton that excites you? . Caio Chico![/p][/quote]midas - i have been off here for a while as it has, generally, disintegrated into mindless mud-chucking. however, i have always enjoyed your smug contributions which are usually laced with wit and insight. i wouldn't normally comment on anybody's typos and grammar. but for one so normally precise - i feel compelled to make the observation that your often high standards are progressively slipping. think you may be losing it old boy. go get yourself checked out. my diagnosis is that you spend too much time around fellow yorkie dingles. get well soon! hope you kept those donkey ears warm in the cold yesterday.[/p][/quote]You could be right :-) I am starting to find myself responding to the most witless comments! I'm sure I was responding to a much better class of Rovers fan 18 months ago! Where have the "old school" gone? midas
  • Score: 0

6:28pm Mon 3 Dec 12

venutius says...

F.C Bonleh frum' t'toff, If the Rovers are "poorly supported" then just where would that put the clarets?
Last week i saw that you managed to get in a meagre crowd of 11.000.
Rovers have been in absolute turmoil this past two years with protests and boycotts etc. Yet we still have higher attendances than that.
F.C Bonleh frum' t'toff, If the Rovers are "poorly supported" then just where would that put the clarets? Last week i saw that you managed to get in a meagre crowd of 11.000. Rovers have been in absolute turmoil this past two years with protests and boycotts etc. Yet we still have higher attendances than that. venutius
  • Score: 0

6:31pm Mon 3 Dec 12

FCBurnley says...

The only thing your massive 13k attendances are doing is providing the owners with even more rupees . Just accept it. You are doomed, I tell you DOOMED
The only thing your massive 13k attendances are doing is providing the owners with even more rupees . Just accept it. You are doomed, I tell you DOOMED FCBurnley
  • Score: 0

6:43pm Mon 3 Dec 12

Return of the Magnificent se7en says...

midas wrote:
Return of the Magnificent se7en wrote:
A draw at home to your arch rivals is a bad as a defeat. 33 years and all that baloney leading up to the game and you bottled it. Chim Chiminee mr Dick van Dyke
but its not though and thats the point that seems to elude most Rovers fans. In previous years we have watched with more hope than expectation and have been second best in every match.
.
Yesterday was perhaps the first time that the crowd spent the match actually focused on the football not shouting insults and that was because we were the better team (and thats backed up by all the statistics, shots on and off target, number of passes, time spent in oposing half, corners, throw ins etc in fact the only stat that Rovers were clearly ahead was saves by goalkeeper (who was the man of the match).
.
As for "baloney leading up to the game" what do you expect the players and management to say? Burnley didn't bottle it, Rovers where saved by some excellent goalkeeping from Robinson (who was the man of the match) and some brave "body on the line" defending. Rovers didn't have a meaningful shot on target until the 61st minute. 3 corners of which 2 didn't get past the first man, 2 direct free kicks into the wall etc.
.
We may be a small town mid table Championship club but for the first time in years, having watched probably the weakest Rovers team I can remember, we were the better team and thats why there was so much joy when we equalised, not just because it was the 89th minute and it must have been a crushing feeling, but the realisation that not only was it deserved but it highlighted just how far Rovers have fallen. Promotion? you wont even get in the playoffs.
.
Hello Midas, you appear to be easily mistaken. You are correct that there isn't much between the two sides at the moment. But as soon as berg recognises that we have no pace at all in midfield then the rest will take care of itself. Was murphy on the pitch yesterday? they failed to mention him until the 83rd minute and then to only say he looked exhausted. I'd sooner berg put one of the acadamy lads in than this slug. As you well know its easy playing against a team with ten men which is what you were doing for ninety minutes.
Next time we play you i predict a thoroughly good drubbing, and deep down I think you know thats on the horizon too. Your mr van dyke took over a half decent squad. Berg on the other hand inherited a very depleted one and Keans parting gift of Murphy and Etuhu has had every championship club collectively p1ssing their sides laughing. Murphy never had any legs and now he's lost his desire. When you consider that egg head sold an entire first team and replaced them with cheap imports, the damage will take longer than 6 games to put back in order. I believe Berg will do just that. So a better yardstick will be when we next meet so until then a draw on your own patch against a truly awful Rovers side, was as bad as a defeat.
Chim Chiminee
[quote][p][bold]midas[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Return of the Magnificent se7en[/bold] wrote: A draw at home to your arch rivals is a bad as a defeat. 33 years and all that baloney leading up to the game and you bottled it. Chim Chiminee mr Dick van Dyke[/p][/quote]but its not though and thats the point that seems to elude most Rovers fans. In previous years we have watched with more hope than expectation and have been second best in every match. . Yesterday was perhaps the first time that the crowd spent the match actually focused on the football not shouting insults and that was because we were the better team (and thats backed up by all the statistics, shots on and off target, number of passes, time spent in oposing half, corners, throw ins etc in fact the only stat that Rovers were clearly ahead was saves by goalkeeper (who was the man of the match). . As for "baloney leading up to the game" what do you expect the players and management to say? Burnley didn't bottle it, Rovers where saved by some excellent goalkeeping from Robinson (who was the man of the match) and some brave "body on the line" defending. Rovers didn't have a meaningful shot on target until the 61st minute. 3 corners of which 2 didn't get past the first man, 2 direct free kicks into the wall etc. . We may be a small town mid table Championship club but for the first time in years, having watched probably the weakest Rovers team I can remember, we were the better team and thats why there was so much joy when we equalised, not just because it was the 89th minute and it must have been a crushing feeling, but the realisation that not only was it deserved but it highlighted just how far Rovers have fallen. Promotion? you wont even get in the playoffs. .[/p][/quote]Hello Midas, you appear to be easily mistaken. You are correct that there isn't much between the two sides at the moment. But as soon as berg recognises that we have no pace at all in midfield then the rest will take care of itself. Was murphy on the pitch yesterday? they failed to mention him until the 83rd minute and then to only say he looked exhausted. I'd sooner berg put one of the acadamy lads in than this slug. As you well know its easy playing against a team with ten men which is what you were doing for ninety minutes. Next time we play you i predict a thoroughly good drubbing, and deep down I think you know thats on the horizon too. Your mr van dyke took over a half decent squad. Berg on the other hand inherited a very depleted one and Keans parting gift of Murphy and Etuhu has had every championship club collectively p1ssing their sides laughing. Murphy never had any legs and now he's lost his desire. When you consider that egg head sold an entire first team and replaced them with cheap imports, the damage will take longer than 6 games to put back in order. I believe Berg will do just that. So a better yardstick will be when we next meet so until then a draw on your own patch against a truly awful Rovers side, was as bad as a defeat. Chim Chiminee Return of the Magnificent se7en
  • Score: 0

6:46pm Mon 3 Dec 12

Midland Claret says...

Simples Burnley were the better team on the day with only Robinson keeping Rovers in the game.

Other issue only briefly touched on is the state of both clubs finances and make no mistake Burnley's are not great but Rovers are getting close to meltdown.

Just watch over the next few months as the noose tightens.
Simples Burnley were the better team on the day with only Robinson keeping Rovers in the game. Other issue only briefly touched on is the state of both clubs finances and make no mistake Burnley's are not great but Rovers are getting close to meltdown. Just watch over the next few months as the noose tightens. Midland Claret
  • Score: 0

6:56pm Mon 3 Dec 12

jim 2012 says...

no matter the league don't lie
no matter the league don't lie jim 2012
  • Score: 0

7:03pm Mon 3 Dec 12

oggy 56 says...

midas wrote:
Return of the Magnificent se7en wrote:
A draw at home to your arch rivals is a bad as a defeat. 33 years and all that baloney leading up to the game and you bottled it. Chim Chiminee mr Dick van Dyke
but its not though and thats the point that seems to elude most Rovers fans. In previous years we have watched with more hope than expectation and have been second best in every match.
.
Yesterday was perhaps the first time that the crowd spent the match actually focused on the football not shouting insults and that was because we were the better team (and thats backed up by all the statistics, shots on and off target, number of passes, time spent in oposing half, corners, throw ins etc in fact the only stat that Rovers were clearly ahead was saves by goalkeeper (who was the man of the match).
.
As for "baloney leading up to the game" what do you expect the players and management to say? Burnley didn't bottle it, Rovers where saved by some excellent goalkeeping from Robinson (who was the man of the match) and some brave "body on the line" defending. Rovers didn't have a meaningful shot on target until the 61st minute. 3 corners of which 2 didn't get past the first man, 2 direct free kicks into the wall etc.
.
We may be a small town mid table Championship club but for the first time in years, having watched probably the weakest Rovers team I can remember, we were the better team and thats why there was so much joy when we equalised, not just because it was the 89th minute and it must have been a crushing feeling, but the realisation that not only was it deserved but it highlighted just how far Rovers have fallen. Promotion? you wont even get in the playoffs.
.
you gave rovers your best a poor rovers team and it was not good enough this is your best you can play and you are still looking up at us your cup final just not as good as you all think coyb
[quote][p][bold]midas[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Return of the Magnificent se7en[/bold] wrote: A draw at home to your arch rivals is a bad as a defeat. 33 years and all that baloney leading up to the game and you bottled it. Chim Chiminee mr Dick van Dyke[/p][/quote]but its not though and thats the point that seems to elude most Rovers fans. In previous years we have watched with more hope than expectation and have been second best in every match. . Yesterday was perhaps the first time that the crowd spent the match actually focused on the football not shouting insults and that was because we were the better team (and thats backed up by all the statistics, shots on and off target, number of passes, time spent in oposing half, corners, throw ins etc in fact the only stat that Rovers were clearly ahead was saves by goalkeeper (who was the man of the match). . As for "baloney leading up to the game" what do you expect the players and management to say? Burnley didn't bottle it, Rovers where saved by some excellent goalkeeping from Robinson (who was the man of the match) and some brave "body on the line" defending. Rovers didn't have a meaningful shot on target until the 61st minute. 3 corners of which 2 didn't get past the first man, 2 direct free kicks into the wall etc. . We may be a small town mid table Championship club but for the first time in years, having watched probably the weakest Rovers team I can remember, we were the better team and thats why there was so much joy when we equalised, not just because it was the 89th minute and it must have been a crushing feeling, but the realisation that not only was it deserved but it highlighted just how far Rovers have fallen. Promotion? you wont even get in the playoffs. .[/p][/quote]you gave rovers your best a poor rovers team and it was not good enough this is your best you can play and you are still looking up at us your cup final just not as good as you all think coyb oggy 56
  • Score: 0

7:11pm Mon 3 Dec 12

eddyo says...

Midland Claret wrote:
Simples Burnley were the better team on the day with only Robinson keeping Rovers in the game.

Other issue only briefly touched on is the state of both clubs finances and make no mistake Burnley's are not great but Rovers are getting close to meltdown.

Just watch over the next few months as the noose tightens.
I don't think your idea of football teams without goalkeepers will catch-on, MC. Fancy a goalie making SAVES !!! Anyway, I've emailed FIFA with your suggestion.
*
I think Bonleh's finances will be OK for another year when Austin leaves in January. Why was he not playing yesterday?
[quote][p][bold]Midland Claret[/bold] wrote: Simples Burnley were the better team on the day with only Robinson keeping Rovers in the game. Other issue only briefly touched on is the state of both clubs finances and make no mistake Burnley's are not great but Rovers are getting close to meltdown. Just watch over the next few months as the noose tightens.[/p][/quote]I don't think your idea of football teams without goalkeepers will catch-on, MC. Fancy a goalie making SAVES !!! Anyway, I've emailed FIFA with your suggestion. * I think Bonleh's finances will be OK for another year when Austin leaves in January. Why was he not playing yesterday? eddyo
  • Score: 0

7:14pm Mon 3 Dec 12

oggy 56 says...

Midland Claret wrote:
Simples Burnley were the better team on the day with only Robinson keeping Rovers in the game.

Other issue only briefly touched on is the state of both clubs finances and make no mistake Burnley's are not great but Rovers are getting close to meltdown.

Just watch over the next few months as the noose tightens.
lets see who sells payers in jan good bye austin last aug window burnley asked huddersfield for £4 milfor austin and wuld ov sold him bye bye austin
[quote][p][bold]Midland Claret[/bold] wrote: Simples Burnley were the better team on the day with only Robinson keeping Rovers in the game. Other issue only briefly touched on is the state of both clubs finances and make no mistake Burnley's are not great but Rovers are getting close to meltdown. Just watch over the next few months as the noose tightens.[/p][/quote]lets see who sells payers in jan good bye austin last aug window burnley asked huddersfield for £4 milfor austin and wuld ov sold him bye bye austin oggy 56
  • Score: 0

7:16pm Mon 3 Dec 12

hasslem hasslem says...

midas wrote:
hasslem hasslem wrote:
midas wrote:
Oh bless you Chico!, isn't their a cruise line wating for you? I'd give up on the football if i were you, your "talents" are wasted. I'm surprised you've not gone to join Eddie in Bournmouth, or is it Brighton that excites you?
.
Caio Chico!
midas - i have been off here for a while as it has, generally, disintegrated into mindless mud-chucking.

however, i have always enjoyed your smug contributions which are usually laced with wit and insight.

i wouldn't normally comment on anybody's typos and grammar. but for one so normally precise - i feel compelled to make the observation that your often high standards are progressively slipping.

think you may be losing it old boy. go get yourself checked out. my diagnosis is that you spend too much time around fellow yorkie dingles.

get well soon! hope you kept those donkey ears warm in the cold yesterday.
You could be right :-) I am starting to find myself responding to the most witless comments! I'm sure I was responding to a much better class of Rovers fan 18 months ago! Where have the "old school" gone?
my opinion....the whole kean fiasco got me really down. there are only so many iterations of the same - reference his incompetence and the way that he (and others tore my club apart.

i can't really stand posting negative vitriol constantly and much prefer a bit of good old ribaldry, rapport and banter.

i think a lot of the old school had had enough of the whole kit and caboodle. you can't stop loving your team, but you can stop it dragging you down. not saying there are green shoots yet and if there is light at the end, but there are signs that at least we are not getting any worse (on or off the field).

some rovers fans think shebby singh is a positive for the club - i think he is a stooge....a paper tiger telling all concerned what he thinks he wants them to hear.....but at least there is a dialogue between the club and the town now, even if it is largely BS. i am no fan of the preston pack and they seem to have little to mo impact on the strategy or even the day-to-day.

berg may prove a worthy manager - i really hope so. he deserves a bit of time to try and drag us out of the pit we had descended in. i hope he proves to be his own man and not a puppet. a bit early to tell.

from an outsider's perspective i think dyche will prove to be a good manager for your lot. i used to live in watford and he was doing a cracking job there and it was a daft decision to fire him - but it was the "new owner syndrome". surprised nobody jumped in for him post his departure. think he is better suited to your club than howe was.
[quote][p][bold]midas[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]midas[/bold] wrote: Oh bless you Chico!, isn't their a cruise line wating for you? I'd give up on the football if i were you, your "talents" are wasted. I'm surprised you've not gone to join Eddie in Bournmouth, or is it Brighton that excites you? . Caio Chico![/p][/quote]midas - i have been off here for a while as it has, generally, disintegrated into mindless mud-chucking. however, i have always enjoyed your smug contributions which are usually laced with wit and insight. i wouldn't normally comment on anybody's typos and grammar. but for one so normally precise - i feel compelled to make the observation that your often high standards are progressively slipping. think you may be losing it old boy. go get yourself checked out. my diagnosis is that you spend too much time around fellow yorkie dingles. get well soon! hope you kept those donkey ears warm in the cold yesterday.[/p][/quote]You could be right :-) I am starting to find myself responding to the most witless comments! I'm sure I was responding to a much better class of Rovers fan 18 months ago! Where have the "old school" gone?[/p][/quote]my opinion....the whole kean fiasco got me really down. there are only so many iterations of the same - reference his incompetence and the way that he (and others tore my club apart. i can't really stand posting negative vitriol constantly and much prefer a bit of good old ribaldry, rapport and banter. i think a lot of the old school had had enough of the whole kit and caboodle. you can't stop loving your team, but you can stop it dragging you down. not saying there are green shoots yet and if there is light at the end, but there are signs that at least we are not getting any worse (on or off the field). some rovers fans think shebby singh is a positive for the club - i think he is a stooge....a paper tiger telling all concerned what he thinks he wants them to hear.....but at least there is a dialogue between the club and the town now, even if it is largely BS. i am no fan of the preston pack and they seem to have little to mo impact on the strategy or even the day-to-day. berg may prove a worthy manager - i really hope so. he deserves a bit of time to try and drag us out of the pit we had descended in. i hope he proves to be his own man and not a puppet. a bit early to tell. from an outsider's perspective i think dyche will prove to be a good manager for your lot. i used to live in watford and he was doing a cracking job there and it was a daft decision to fire him - but it was the "new owner syndrome". surprised nobody jumped in for him post his departure. think he is better suited to your club than howe was. hasslem hasslem
  • Score: 0

7:54pm Mon 3 Dec 12

jim 2012 says...

Midland Claret wrote:
Simples Burnley were the better team on the day with only Robinson keeping Rovers in the game.

Other issue only briefly touched on is the state of both clubs finances and make no mistake Burnley's are not great but Rovers are getting close to meltdown.

Just watch over the next few months as the noose tightens.
Robinson keeping Rovers in the game that's what goalkeepers are supposed to do I think,
the POINT is you did not win the game
you had your chance even with charlie Austin and still couldn't beat a below par
Blackburn rovers team
and if as you say Blackburn rovers ,finances
are getting close to meltdown there are people who will buy the club from venkys
[quote][p][bold]Midland Claret[/bold] wrote: Simples Burnley were the better team on the day with only Robinson keeping Rovers in the game. Other issue only briefly touched on is the state of both clubs finances and make no mistake Burnley's are not great but Rovers are getting close to meltdown. Just watch over the next few months as the noose tightens.[/p][/quote]Robinson keeping Rovers in the game that's what goalkeepers are supposed to do I think, the POINT is you did not win the game you had your chance even with charlie Austin and still couldn't beat a below par Blackburn rovers team and if as you say Blackburn rovers ,finances are getting close to meltdown there are people who will buy the club from venkys jim 2012
  • Score: 0

8:16pm Mon 3 Dec 12

jim 2012 says...

FCBurnley wrote:
The only thing your massive 13k attendances are doing is providing the owners with even more rupees . Just accept it. You are doomed, I tell you DOOMED
yes your right we are doomed
then I woke up and took a look at league table and had a little smile to my self
[quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: The only thing your massive 13k attendances are doing is providing the owners with even more rupees . Just accept it. You are doomed, I tell you DOOMED[/p][/quote]yes your right we are doomed then I woke up and took a look at league table and had a little smile to my self jim 2012
  • Score: 0

8:24pm Mon 3 Dec 12

burnleyglentoran says...

jim 2012 wrote:
no matter the league don't lie
The result doesnt either.

What is it with blackburrrrrnerrrrrs


What part of even stevens dont they understand!?

BRKFC - Millions spent on transfer fees and wages to make a mid table championship side.

The clarets - relatively little spent to make a mid table championship side

NO NAY NEVER
[quote][p][bold]jim 2012[/bold] wrote: no matter the league don't lie[/p][/quote]The result doesnt either. What is it with blackburrrrrnerrrrrs What part of even stevens dont they understand!? BRKFC - Millions spent on transfer fees and wages to make a mid table championship side. The clarets - relatively little spent to make a mid table championship side NO NAY NEVER burnleyglentoran
  • Score: 0

8:47pm Mon 3 Dec 12

bobinspain says...

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it has to be lived forwards."
( Soren Kierkegaard).
Midas, continue the rhetoric.
"They don't like it up 'em."
(Cpl Jones).
"Life can only be understood backwards, but it has to be lived forwards." ( Soren Kierkegaard). Midas, continue the rhetoric. "They don't like it up 'em." (Cpl Jones). bobinspain
  • Score: 0

9:15pm Mon 3 Dec 12

blackburnclaret says...

What isit that makes brfc fans think that they belong in the prem? They have been relegated, the same as Bolton, Wolves,Birmingham,De
rby,Leicester and all the others, do THEY have a right to be there? Its about time you lot got a reality check and give your heads a good wobble. Your'e in the championship now, it's a b*****d to get out of, so just deal with it. Oh yeah I forgot Man.Utd are your biggest rivals and one man dosn't make a team
What isit that makes brfc fans think that they belong in the prem? They have been relegated, the same as Bolton, Wolves,Birmingham,De rby,Leicester and all the others, do THEY have a right to be there? Its about time you lot got a reality check and give your heads a good wobble. Your'e in the championship now, it's a b*****d to get out of, so just deal with it. Oh yeah I forgot Man.Utd are your biggest rivals and one man dosn't make a team blackburnclaret
  • Score: 0

9:30pm Mon 3 Dec 12

Rovers75 says...

FCBurnley wrote:
When will the B******s realize that their time is over. Jack Walker and his money are long gone. The owners of the club are Indian businessmen who only care about making money and promoting their name. They will have no hesitation in closing the club down if it starts to lose money which it surely is. They have already had a nice return on the original investment. BRFC is simply a plaything to the. The appointment of Berg and the sale of any decent players supports this. Rhodes was only bought in the hope his value would increase. Dreams of a return to the PL are exactly that.......dreams and wild ones at that. Rovers are poorly supported, poorly run and the fans need to face up to fact that they are back in the real world and not Uncle Jacks Fantasyland.
Amazing how you dumb dumbs are so warped in the head. Uncle Jacks been dead over ten years, you thick turd burgling gay lord so we've had no money for all that time.
We were sh1t yesterday and you STILL couldn't 'roar' your team to a win even with this so called amazing support you have (more comedy)

god you worzel gummidge lookalikes make me howl with laughter.... keep it coming, I'm bored and need a good laugh
[quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: When will the B******s realize that their time is over. Jack Walker and his money are long gone. The owners of the club are Indian businessmen who only care about making money and promoting their name. They will have no hesitation in closing the club down if it starts to lose money which it surely is. They have already had a nice return on the original investment. BRFC is simply a plaything to the. The appointment of Berg and the sale of any decent players supports this. Rhodes was only bought in the hope his value would increase. Dreams of a return to the PL are exactly that.......dreams and wild ones at that. Rovers are poorly supported, poorly run and the fans need to face up to fact that they are back in the real world and not Uncle Jacks Fantasyland.[/p][/quote]Amazing how you dumb dumbs are so warped in the head. Uncle Jacks been dead over ten years, you thick turd burgling gay lord so we've had no money for all that time. We were sh1t yesterday and you STILL couldn't 'roar' your team to a win even with this so called amazing support you have (more comedy) god you worzel gummidge lookalikes make me howl with laughter.... keep it coming, I'm bored and need a good laugh Rovers75
  • Score: 0

9:31pm Mon 3 Dec 12

fanny_tickler. says...

Blackburn Rovers are finished as a top-flight football club. The premier league days are over. An adjustment to life in the 2nd tier is now needed along with the realisation that Uncle Jack is but a dim and distant memory. I predict a mid-table finish for Rovers this season. In fact I would go as far as saying that if Rovers do manage to make it into the play-off's come the end of the season I will gladly go down on Madam Desai. I am that confident.
Blackburn Rovers are finished as a top-flight football club. The premier league days are over. An adjustment to life in the 2nd tier is now needed along with the realisation that Uncle Jack is but a dim and distant memory. I predict a mid-table finish for Rovers this season. In fact I would go as far as saying that if Rovers do manage to make it into the play-off's come the end of the season I will gladly go down on Madam Desai. I am that confident. fanny_tickler.
  • Score: 0

9:39pm Mon 3 Dec 12

Rovers75 says...

burnleyglentoran wrote:
jim 2012 wrote:
no matter the league don't lie
The result doesnt either.

What is it with blackburrrrrnerrrrrs



What part of even stevens dont they understand!?

BRKFC - Millions spent on transfer fees and wages to make a mid table championship side.

The clarets - relatively little spent to make a mid table championship side

NO NAY NEVER
What's this thing you've got with the accent glentoran?

You've clearly never even been to Bonleh and heard medieval Dinglish. You should go some time, you'd fit in well with the vile garbage you post on here you piece of sh1t.

Now go and bring the sheep in you oddball,' tek em up stayyyyyyyyers and give em a reytttttt gud hammerin'
[quote][p][bold]burnleyglentoran[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jim 2012[/bold] wrote: no matter the league don't lie[/p][/quote]The result doesnt either. What is it with blackburrrrrnerrrrrs What part of even stevens dont they understand!? BRKFC - Millions spent on transfer fees and wages to make a mid table championship side. The clarets - relatively little spent to make a mid table championship side NO NAY NEVER[/p][/quote]What's this thing you've got with the accent glentoran? You've clearly never even been to Bonleh and heard medieval Dinglish. You should go some time, you'd fit in well with the vile garbage you post on here you piece of sh1t. Now go and bring the sheep in you oddball,' tek em up stayyyyyyyyers and give em a reytttttt gud hammerin' Rovers75
  • Score: 0

10:08pm Mon 3 Dec 12

Forever Blue says...

SEAN Dyche in his professional football career won nothing, played nowhere , then sacked not sure he his qualified to make such a sweeping comment really.
SEAN Dyche in his professional football career won nothing, played nowhere , then sacked not sure he his qualified to make such a sweeping comment really. Forever Blue
  • Score: 0

10:17pm Mon 3 Dec 12

Stone Island: says...

fanny_tickler. wrote:
Blackburn Rovers are finished as a top-flight football club. The premier league days are over. An adjustment to life in the 2nd tier is now needed along with the realisation that Uncle Jack is but a dim and distant memory. I predict a mid-table finish for Rovers this season. In fact I would go as far as saying that if Rovers do manage to make it into the play-off's come the end of the season I will gladly go down on Madam Desai. I am that confident.
Make a pleasant change from going down on your sister, won't it.
[quote][p][bold]fanny_tickler.[/bold] wrote: Blackburn Rovers are finished as a top-flight football club. The premier league days are over. An adjustment to life in the 2nd tier is now needed along with the realisation that Uncle Jack is but a dim and distant memory. I predict a mid-table finish for Rovers this season. In fact I would go as far as saying that if Rovers do manage to make it into the play-off's come the end of the season I will gladly go down on Madam Desai. I am that confident.[/p][/quote]Make a pleasant change from going down on your sister, won't it. Stone Island:
  • Score: 0

10:40pm Mon 3 Dec 12

FCBurnley says...

Rovers75 wrote:
FCBurnley wrote:
When will the B******s realize that their time is over. Jack Walker and his money are long gone. The owners of the club are Indian businessmen who only care about making money and promoting their name. They will have no hesitation in closing the club down if it starts to lose money which it surely is. They have already had a nice return on the original investment. BRFC is simply a plaything to the. The appointment of Berg and the sale of any decent players supports this. Rhodes was only bought in the hope his value would increase. Dreams of a return to the PL are exactly that.......dreams and wild ones at that. Rovers are poorly supported, poorly run and the fans need to face up to fact that they are back in the real world and not Uncle Jacks Fantasyland.
Amazing how you dumb dumbs are so warped in the head. Uncle Jacks been dead over ten years, you thick turd burgling gay lord so we've had no money for all that time.
We were sh1t yesterday and you STILL couldn't 'roar' your team to a win even with this so called amazing support you have (more comedy)

god you worzel gummidge lookalikes make me howl with laughter.... keep it coming, I'm bored and need a good laugh
No money for 10 years eh ! er..........Walkers Trust managing the fund that Uncle Jack set up ? You talk crap man.

Bet you are still feeling a little hoarse.
[quote][p][bold]Rovers75[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: When will the B******s realize that their time is over. Jack Walker and his money are long gone. The owners of the club are Indian businessmen who only care about making money and promoting their name. They will have no hesitation in closing the club down if it starts to lose money which it surely is. They have already had a nice return on the original investment. BRFC is simply a plaything to the. The appointment of Berg and the sale of any decent players supports this. Rhodes was only bought in the hope his value would increase. Dreams of a return to the PL are exactly that.......dreams and wild ones at that. Rovers are poorly supported, poorly run and the fans need to face up to fact that they are back in the real world and not Uncle Jacks Fantasyland.[/p][/quote]Amazing how you dumb dumbs are so warped in the head. Uncle Jacks been dead over ten years, you thick turd burgling gay lord so we've had no money for all that time. We were sh1t yesterday and you STILL couldn't 'roar' your team to a win even with this so called amazing support you have (more comedy) god you worzel gummidge lookalikes make me howl with laughter.... keep it coming, I'm bored and need a good laugh[/p][/quote]No money for 10 years eh ! er..........Walkers Trust managing the fund that Uncle Jack set up ? You talk crap man. Bet you are still feeling a little hoarse. FCBurnley
  • Score: 0

10:40pm Mon 3 Dec 12

FCBurnley says...

Rovers75 wrote:
FCBurnley wrote:
When will the B******s realize that their time is over. Jack Walker and his money are long gone. The owners of the club are Indian businessmen who only care about making money and promoting their name. They will have no hesitation in closing the club down if it starts to lose money which it surely is. They have already had a nice return on the original investment. BRFC is simply a plaything to the. The appointment of Berg and the sale of any decent players supports this. Rhodes was only bought in the hope his value would increase. Dreams of a return to the PL are exactly that.......dreams and wild ones at that. Rovers are poorly supported, poorly run and the fans need to face up to fact that they are back in the real world and not Uncle Jacks Fantasyland.
Amazing how you dumb dumbs are so warped in the head. Uncle Jacks been dead over ten years, you thick turd burgling gay lord so we've had no money for all that time.
We were sh1t yesterday and you STILL couldn't 'roar' your team to a win even with this so called amazing support you have (more comedy)

god you worzel gummidge lookalikes make me howl with laughter.... keep it coming, I'm bored and need a good laugh
No money for 10 years eh ! er..........Walkers Trust managing the fund that Uncle Jack set up ? You talk crap man.

Bet you are still feeling a little hoarse.
[quote][p][bold]Rovers75[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: When will the B******s realize that their time is over. Jack Walker and his money are long gone. The owners of the club are Indian businessmen who only care about making money and promoting their name. They will have no hesitation in closing the club down if it starts to lose money which it surely is. They have already had a nice return on the original investment. BRFC is simply a plaything to the. The appointment of Berg and the sale of any decent players supports this. Rhodes was only bought in the hope his value would increase. Dreams of a return to the PL are exactly that.......dreams and wild ones at that. Rovers are poorly supported, poorly run and the fans need to face up to fact that they are back in the real world and not Uncle Jacks Fantasyland.[/p][/quote]Amazing how you dumb dumbs are so warped in the head. Uncle Jacks been dead over ten years, you thick turd burgling gay lord so we've had no money for all that time. We were sh1t yesterday and you STILL couldn't 'roar' your team to a win even with this so called amazing support you have (more comedy) god you worzel gummidge lookalikes make me howl with laughter.... keep it coming, I'm bored and need a good laugh[/p][/quote]No money for 10 years eh ! er..........Walkers Trust managing the fund that Uncle Jack set up ? You talk crap man. Bet you are still feeling a little hoarse. FCBurnley
  • Score: 0

4:25am Tue 4 Dec 12

speedie_rovers_legend says...

All the banter aside the clarets were the better side over the game, and we have to give Berg at least 2 seasons to turn it around and get rid of the deadwood that the bald one brought in, the rovers for me are stagnent and not going anywhere whilst we have venkys in charge of this club, intresting window coming up in 4 weeks, will they or won;t they spend, also any manager worth is salt would bring in his own BACROOM STAFF but no; berg is saddled with a guy Hendry who was out of the game for years as unemployable and the venkys right hand man Singh , he pulls the strings at ewood, also get a chairman please because the guy we got now is another no hoper from Preston who also likes the sound of his own voice, until these guys have gone it is gonna be mid table.
All the banter aside the clarets were the better side over the game, and we have to give Berg at least 2 seasons to turn it around and get rid of the deadwood that the bald one brought in, the rovers for me are stagnent and not going anywhere whilst we have venkys in charge of this club, intresting window coming up in 4 weeks, will they or won;t they spend, also any manager worth is salt would bring in his own BACROOM STAFF but no; berg is saddled with a guy Hendry who was out of the game for years as unemployable and the venkys right hand man Singh , he pulls the strings at ewood, also get a chairman please because the guy we got now is another no hoper from Preston who also likes the sound of his own voice, until these guys have gone it is gonna be mid table. speedie_rovers_legend
  • Score: 0

3:23pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Davelyn says...

The photo says it all SEAN DYCHE looks like a typical DINGLE all mouth an no brains.
Lets just remind him THE DINGLES were lucky to come away with a point never mind all 3. DUMBO
The photo says it all SEAN DYCHE looks like a typical DINGLE all mouth an no brains. Lets just remind him THE DINGLES were lucky to come away with a point never mind all 3. DUMBO Davelyn
  • Score: 0

7:09pm Tue 4 Dec 12

Midland Claret says...

speedie_rovers_legen
d
wrote:
All the banter aside the clarets were the better side over the game, and we have to give Berg at least 2 seasons to turn it around and get rid of the deadwood that the bald one brought in, the rovers for me are stagnent and not going anywhere whilst we have venkys in charge of this club, intresting window coming up in 4 weeks, will they or won;t they spend, also any manager worth is salt would bring in his own BACROOM STAFF but no; berg is saddled with a guy Hendry who was out of the game for years as unemployable and the venkys right hand man Singh , he pulls the strings at ewood, also get a chairman please because the guy we got now is another no hoper from Preston who also likes the sound of his own voice, until these guys have gone it is gonna be mid table.
I take no pleasure in my comments about the finances of Bolton, Blackburn and yes Burnley. Obviously upset a few as outlined above but realistically for how long will the Venkys support Blackburn when the losses further increase?

p.s. good to see a Blackburn fan talking common sense on this site.
[quote][p][bold]speedie_rovers_legen d[/bold] wrote: All the banter aside the clarets were the better side over the game, and we have to give Berg at least 2 seasons to turn it around and get rid of the deadwood that the bald one brought in, the rovers for me are stagnent and not going anywhere whilst we have venkys in charge of this club, intresting window coming up in 4 weeks, will they or won;t they spend, also any manager worth is salt would bring in his own BACROOM STAFF but no; berg is saddled with a guy Hendry who was out of the game for years as unemployable and the venkys right hand man Singh , he pulls the strings at ewood, also get a chairman please because the guy we got now is another no hoper from Preston who also likes the sound of his own voice, until these guys have gone it is gonna be mid table.[/p][/quote]I take no pleasure in my comments about the finances of Bolton, Blackburn and yes Burnley. Obviously upset a few as outlined above but realistically for how long will the Venkys support Blackburn when the losses further increase? p.s. good to see a Blackburn fan talking common sense on this site. Midland Claret
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree