When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Tumble drier suspected cause of Accrington shed blaze
12:21pm Friday 4th January 2013 in Hyndburn
A SHED is thought to have caught fire when a tumble drier that was inside set alight.
Two fire engines were sent to Kings Road, Accrington at at around 9.50am yesterday to extinguish the blaze.
Watch manager Gary Hargreaves said: “We are looking at the tumble drier as a likely cause.
“Both elderly occupants were in at the time and were concerned the fire was going to spread into the building.”
Nobody was injured and the blaze is not being treated as suspicious.
Comments are closed on this article.