Bin fire in Accrington caused house damage

First published in News

POLICE are investigating after a bin was set alight behind a house in Accrington.

Firefighters were called to the house in Spring Street at 2.15am on Sunday.

The bin was destroyed and there was severe smoke damage to the house which affected the occupants, although nobody was taken to hospital.

Acting crew manager Andy Steele said: “There were no smoke alarms of any kind in the house. I would like to emphasise the importance of having working smoke detection systems in homes.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree