A MUM-of-three died from an overdose of amphetamine, an inquest has heard.
Danielle Earl, 27, was found in her bed at home in Derby Lane, Longridge on Wednesday, April 2.
The inquest, held at King George’s Hall, Blackburn, heard her children told Danielle’s mother, Sharon, that they could not wake her.
Sharon, who had gone to the house to visit her grandchildren, went into her bedroom and then called the ambulance service.
Paramedics confirmed Ms Earl was dead at the scene.
The inquest heard she had a ‘high level’ of amphetamine in her system, which was in the ‘fatal range’.
It was also confirmed that her GP had not prescribed the Class B-controlled drug to her.
Asked by coroner Michael Singleton if she knew of her daughter’s drug use, Sharon said: “I was not aware that she took drugs.”
She told the inquest: “The kids said that they could not raise her.
“She had been to college the previous day. I last spoke to her at tea time the night before. She seemed all right.”
She also said that there was nothing to believe that her daughter would have tried to harm herself.
Pathologist Dr Muhammad Aslam, who carried out the post mortemeaanination, said the cause of death was a drug overdose and that nothing else could account for her death.
Mr Singleton, coroner for Blackburn, Hyndburn and Ribble Valley, recorded a conclusion of a drug-related death.
He said: “I do not understand why it is that people feel the need to take any substances but I’m not prepared to condemn anybody.
“The tragedy is, of course, for those who are left behind.
“I know there is nothing I can say that will take away any of the pain and grief that you feel.”