THE Commonwealth Games are upon us so when better to watch a video compilation of epic athlete fails that features funny and toe-curling moments of athletics, gymnastics and swimming gone wrong.
1. The full-frontal faceplant has to be one of the ultimate athletics fails. This javelin thrower certainly hit the ground running with this total flop.
2. When a female runner strayed into the path of an athlete mid-long jump, the collision left both stacked up like a game of human jenga. Awkward.
3. Decathlon athlete Willem Coertzen experienced a total failure to launch in the 2009 IAAAF Championship when his shaft snapped into three pieces.
4. If you're going to go to the trouble of psyching the crowd, make sure you don't then full-on face plant the sand pit. Bad luck, Carlton Lavong.
5. Are you ready to meet the Best Hurdler Ever? No seriously, this guy is amazing. He takes down everything in his path and just keeps going. Awesome.
6. Equatorial New Guinea isn't well known for its Olympic successes. In fact, they're sort of strapped for pro athletes. Despite cheers from a supportive crowd, Eric barely managed to stay afloat for two lengths.
7. "That's not flying, it's falling with style!" says Toy Story's Buzz Lightyear. Unfortunately, diving is all about falling with style and poor old diver Stephen Feck just didn't quite manage it. Oopsie daisy!
8. The commentators do not pull any punches here. "Oh no!", they say, and they're not wrong. This hopeful made a big splash in the competition, but not the kind he'd hoped for.
9. Oh dear Shemshat Tuliayeva. This weightlifting hopeful gave this lift her all but ended up flat on her back. What a way to go?
10. Defending weightlifting champ Matthias Steiner did not have a very good Olympics at London 2012. Here the half-man, half-giant drops 432 pounds onto his powerful neck. Yowzer.