Lancashire TelegraphSTRIKE: East Lancashire firefighters walk out over pensions (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

STRIKE: East Lancashire firefighters walk out over pensions

Lancashire Telegraph: Firefighters Simon Wright, John Rivett, crew manager Charlie Cottam, firefighter Jimmy Barrow, national pensions conventions activist Phil Newton and crew manager Alan Ashworth Firefighters Simon Wright, John Rivett, crew manager Charlie Cottam, firefighter Jimmy Barrow, national pensions conventions activist Phil Newton and crew manager Alan Ashworth

FIREFIGHTERS across East Lancashire are staging a 24-hour strike, which started at 9am today.

The industrial action is the longest in a three-year campaign by the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) against an ‘unworkable’ pension scheme.

The move comes after the Government confirmed it would implement a new scheme without further negotiations.

A shorter strike is planned for Saturday, June 21, from 10am to 5pm.

Between the two strikes, firefighters will not carry out any voluntary overtime or conduct training of strikebreakers.

Under the Government’s proposals, firefighters who are forced to retire before the age of 60 on health grounds will have half of their pension taken away.

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:31am Thu 12 Jun 14

GracesDad says...

Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?
Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please? GracesDad
  • Score: 7

4:13pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Steven Seagull says...

GracesDad wrote:
Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?
Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.
[quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?[/p][/quote]Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 3

4:24pm Thu 12 Jun 14

GracesDad says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
GracesDad wrote:
Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?
Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.
Yet another irrelevant post from the resident clown.
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?[/p][/quote]Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.[/p][/quote]Yet another irrelevant post from the resident clown. GracesDad
  • Score: -4

4:48pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Steven Seagull says...

GracesDad wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
GracesDad wrote:
Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?
Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.
Yet another irrelevant post from the resident clown.
Why not see if there are any other stories concerning any of the other emergency services on here? Maybe you could lay into them as well. Police, paramedics, coastguard perhaps?

If your house caught fire this evening I bet you'd be straight on the phone to them begging for help wouldn't you?
[quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?[/p][/quote]Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.[/p][/quote]Yet another irrelevant post from the resident clown.[/p][/quote]Why not see if there are any other stories concerning any of the other emergency services on here? Maybe you could lay into them as well. Police, paramedics, coastguard perhaps? If your house caught fire this evening I bet you'd be straight on the phone to them begging for help wouldn't you? Steven Seagull
  • Score: 9

4:54pm Thu 12 Jun 14

GracesDad says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
GracesDad wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
GracesDad wrote:
Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?
Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.
Yet another irrelevant post from the resident clown.
Why not see if there are any other stories concerning any of the other emergency services on here? Maybe you could lay into them as well. Police, paramedics, coastguard perhaps?

If your house caught fire this evening I bet you'd be straight on the phone to them begging for help wouldn't you?
What point are you trying to make you buffoon? You think I should forfeit my right to the emergency services because I criticised a fireman for something that he shouldn't have done?

I probably pay more tax in a year than you have in the last 10.
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?[/p][/quote]Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.[/p][/quote]Yet another irrelevant post from the resident clown.[/p][/quote]Why not see if there are any other stories concerning any of the other emergency services on here? Maybe you could lay into them as well. Police, paramedics, coastguard perhaps? If your house caught fire this evening I bet you'd be straight on the phone to them begging for help wouldn't you?[/p][/quote]What point are you trying to make you buffoon? You think I should forfeit my right to the emergency services because I criticised a fireman for something that he shouldn't have done? I probably pay more tax in a year than you have in the last 10. GracesDad
  • Score: -2

5:19pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Steven Seagull says...

GracesDad wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
GracesDad wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
GracesDad wrote:
Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?
Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.
Yet another irrelevant post from the resident clown.
Why not see if there are any other stories concerning any of the other emergency services on here? Maybe you could lay into them as well. Police, paramedics, coastguard perhaps?

If your house caught fire this evening I bet you'd be straight on the phone to them begging for help wouldn't you?
What point are you trying to make you buffoon? You think I should forfeit my right to the emergency services because I criticised a fireman for something that he shouldn't have done?

I probably pay more tax in a year than you have in the last 10.
What has income tax got to do with it? That's rather a bizarre tangent to skew off at?
Shall we have a w1lly measuring contest or a my dad is big than yours competition while we're at it?

I'm merely pointing out that there are too many two faced individuals like you out there who are happy to sl@g off emergency services, in your case the fire service, but would be desperate for their help should you need it.
I'm not a firefighter but Im grateful for what they do and if a fireman wants to propose to his girlfriend whilst he is working then so what?
Did anyone get hurt? No. Did it affect the quality of your life? I'm guessing not. Was he drunk/ drugged up or unfit for duty in anyway? Highly unlikely. Was he able to drop everything and attend an emergency incident if one so happened to come in? Yes of course he was.
Have you ever done anything during the course of your employment that isn't anything to do with your line of work? More than likely.

So Mr "Dad", as you can see it wasn't really that much of a big deal was it? You appear to have a rather large bee in your bonnet as you have cried about this now on 2 stories.
I think it's maybe time to dry your eyes, move on and get over it now don't you?
[quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?[/p][/quote]Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.[/p][/quote]Yet another irrelevant post from the resident clown.[/p][/quote]Why not see if there are any other stories concerning any of the other emergency services on here? Maybe you could lay into them as well. Police, paramedics, coastguard perhaps? If your house caught fire this evening I bet you'd be straight on the phone to them begging for help wouldn't you?[/p][/quote]What point are you trying to make you buffoon? You think I should forfeit my right to the emergency services because I criticised a fireman for something that he shouldn't have done? I probably pay more tax in a year than you have in the last 10.[/p][/quote]What has income tax got to do with it? That's rather a bizarre tangent to skew off at? Shall we have a w1lly measuring contest or a my dad is big than yours competition while we're at it? I'm merely pointing out that there are too many two faced individuals like you out there who are happy to sl@g off emergency services, in your case the fire service, but would be desperate for their help should you need it. I'm not a firefighter but Im grateful for what they do and if a fireman wants to propose to his girlfriend whilst he is working then so what? Did anyone get hurt? No. Did it affect the quality of your life? I'm guessing not. Was he drunk/ drugged up or unfit for duty in anyway? Highly unlikely. Was he able to drop everything and attend an emergency incident if one so happened to come in? Yes of course he was. Have you ever done anything during the course of your employment that isn't anything to do with your line of work? More than likely. So Mr "Dad", as you can see it wasn't really that much of a big deal was it? You appear to have a rather large bee in your bonnet as you have cried about this now on 2 stories. I think it's maybe time to dry your eyes, move on and get over it now don't you? Steven Seagull
  • Score: 10

5:29pm Thu 12 Jun 14

GracesDad says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
GracesDad wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
GracesDad wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
GracesDad wrote:
Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?
Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.
Yet another irrelevant post from the resident clown.
Why not see if there are any other stories concerning any of the other emergency services on here? Maybe you could lay into them as well. Police, paramedics, coastguard perhaps?

If your house caught fire this evening I bet you'd be straight on the phone to them begging for help wouldn't you?
What point are you trying to make you buffoon? You think I should forfeit my right to the emergency services because I criticised a fireman for something that he shouldn't have done?

I probably pay more tax in a year than you have in the last 10.
What has income tax got to do with it? That's rather a bizarre tangent to skew off at?
Shall we have a w1lly measuring contest or a my dad is big than yours competition while we're at it?

I'm merely pointing out that there are too many two faced individuals like you out there who are happy to sl@g off emergency services, in your case the fire service, but would be desperate for their help should you need it.
I'm not a firefighter but Im grateful for what they do and if a fireman wants to propose to his girlfriend whilst he is working then so what?
Did anyone get hurt? No. Did it affect the quality of your life? I'm guessing not. Was he drunk/ drugged up or unfit for duty in anyway? Highly unlikely. Was he able to drop everything and attend an emergency incident if one so happened to come in? Yes of course he was.
Have you ever done anything during the course of your employment that isn't anything to do with your line of work? More than likely.

So Mr "Dad", as you can see it wasn't really that much of a big deal was it? You appear to have a rather large bee in your bonnet as you have cried about this now on 2 stories.
I think it's maybe time to dry your eyes, move on and get over it now don't you?
At no point have I criticised the fire service. I criticised a firecrew for taking time out from the job that they are paid for (by mine and other peoples taxes) and using that time do something personal to them. Why that is anything at all to do with you I've yet to figure out. So you're the one with a bee in your bonnet....regarding my opinion. Why the f**k it does it matter to you what I think? I'm absolutely certain that your opinions mean absolutely nothing to me!!!!

You need to wind your neck in you wierdo and stop trying to prevent people from having a valid opinion that differs from yours.
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?[/p][/quote]Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.[/p][/quote]Yet another irrelevant post from the resident clown.[/p][/quote]Why not see if there are any other stories concerning any of the other emergency services on here? Maybe you could lay into them as well. Police, paramedics, coastguard perhaps? If your house caught fire this evening I bet you'd be straight on the phone to them begging for help wouldn't you?[/p][/quote]What point are you trying to make you buffoon? You think I should forfeit my right to the emergency services because I criticised a fireman for something that he shouldn't have done? I probably pay more tax in a year than you have in the last 10.[/p][/quote]What has income tax got to do with it? That's rather a bizarre tangent to skew off at? Shall we have a w1lly measuring contest or a my dad is big than yours competition while we're at it? I'm merely pointing out that there are too many two faced individuals like you out there who are happy to sl@g off emergency services, in your case the fire service, but would be desperate for their help should you need it. I'm not a firefighter but Im grateful for what they do and if a fireman wants to propose to his girlfriend whilst he is working then so what? Did anyone get hurt? No. Did it affect the quality of your life? I'm guessing not. Was he drunk/ drugged up or unfit for duty in anyway? Highly unlikely. Was he able to drop everything and attend an emergency incident if one so happened to come in? Yes of course he was. Have you ever done anything during the course of your employment that isn't anything to do with your line of work? More than likely. So Mr "Dad", as you can see it wasn't really that much of a big deal was it? You appear to have a rather large bee in your bonnet as you have cried about this now on 2 stories. I think it's maybe time to dry your eyes, move on and get over it now don't you?[/p][/quote]At no point have I criticised the fire service. I criticised a firecrew for taking time out from the job that they are paid for (by mine and other peoples taxes) and using that time do something personal to them. Why that is anything at all to do with you I've yet to figure out. So you're the one with a bee in your bonnet....regarding my opinion. Why the f**k it does it matter to you what I think? I'm absolutely certain that your opinions mean absolutely nothing to me!!!! You need to wind your neck in you wierdo and stop trying to prevent people from having a valid opinion that differs from yours. GracesDad
  • Score: -3

6:06pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Steven Seagull says...

GracesDad wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
GracesDad wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
GracesDad wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
GracesDad wrote:
Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?
Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.
Yet another irrelevant post from the resident clown.
Why not see if there are any other stories concerning any of the other emergency services on here? Maybe you could lay into them as well. Police, paramedics, coastguard perhaps?

If your house caught fire this evening I bet you'd be straight on the phone to them begging for help wouldn't you?
What point are you trying to make you buffoon? You think I should forfeit my right to the emergency services because I criticised a fireman for something that he shouldn't have done?

I probably pay more tax in a year than you have in the last 10.
What has income tax got to do with it? That's rather a bizarre tangent to skew off at?
Shall we have a w1lly measuring contest or a my dad is big than yours competition while we're at it?

I'm merely pointing out that there are too many two faced individuals like you out there who are happy to sl@g off emergency services, in your case the fire service, but would be desperate for their help should you need it.
I'm not a firefighter but Im grateful for what they do and if a fireman wants to propose to his girlfriend whilst he is working then so what?
Did anyone get hurt? No. Did it affect the quality of your life? I'm guessing not. Was he drunk/ drugged up or unfit for duty in anyway? Highly unlikely. Was he able to drop everything and attend an emergency incident if one so happened to come in? Yes of course he was.
Have you ever done anything during the course of your employment that isn't anything to do with your line of work? More than likely.

So Mr "Dad", as you can see it wasn't really that much of a big deal was it? You appear to have a rather large bee in your bonnet as you have cried about this now on 2 stories.
I think it's maybe time to dry your eyes, move on and get over it now don't you?
At no point have I criticised the fire service. I criticised a firecrew for taking time out from the job that they are paid for (by mine and other peoples taxes) and using that time do something personal to them. Why that is anything at all to do with you I've yet to figure out. So you're the one with a bee in your bonnet....regarding my opinion. Why the f**k it does it matter to you what I think? I'm absolutely certain that your opinions mean absolutely nothing to me!!!!

You need to wind your neck in you wierdo and stop trying to prevent people from having a valid opinion that differs from yours.
Oh dear, Mr Dad here has blown a gasket. You maybe need to seek help from your obvious anger management issues.

So if you don't have a problem with them then why are you having a dig at them on a story concerning firefighters in a wider area?
Don't try and back pedal now you weasel you've set your stall out so stick by it. Who is preventing you from having an opinion? You are perfectly entitled to it, I just happen to think you are wrong and in the process have made yourself look foolish.
What has it got to do with me? Well I also pay taxes and have done so for 25 years so I think, like you I'm perfectly entitled to also have an opinion.

So I will ask you again as seen as you didn't answer my questions, as a result of this fireman proposing to his girlfriend did anybody get hurt? Did it affect your life in any way whatsoever? Did it impare his ability to carry out his job?
Was he able to leave if an emergency came in?
All relevant questions wouldn't you agree?
And the comment about paying tax is just plain childish. I can't think of a valid point to put forward so I'll randomly surmise that I earn more money that the person I'm in correspondence with and therefore pay more in income tax.

It is clearly you sir that needs to wind your neck in.
[quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: Can I urge any firefighters that are planning to propose to their girlfriends during their working hours to go and do it today please?[/p][/quote]Can I urge GracesDad to maybe have another go at joining the fire service because you're clearly still very bitter at your rejected application. Jealousy and bitterness apparent in equal measures.[/p][/quote]Yet another irrelevant post from the resident clown.[/p][/quote]Why not see if there are any other stories concerning any of the other emergency services on here? Maybe you could lay into them as well. Police, paramedics, coastguard perhaps? If your house caught fire this evening I bet you'd be straight on the phone to them begging for help wouldn't you?[/p][/quote]What point are you trying to make you buffoon? You think I should forfeit my right to the emergency services because I criticised a fireman for something that he shouldn't have done? I probably pay more tax in a year than you have in the last 10.[/p][/quote]What has income tax got to do with it? That's rather a bizarre tangent to skew off at? Shall we have a w1lly measuring contest or a my dad is big than yours competition while we're at it? I'm merely pointing out that there are too many two faced individuals like you out there who are happy to sl@g off emergency services, in your case the fire service, but would be desperate for their help should you need it. I'm not a firefighter but Im grateful for what they do and if a fireman wants to propose to his girlfriend whilst he is working then so what? Did anyone get hurt? No. Did it affect the quality of your life? I'm guessing not. Was he drunk/ drugged up or unfit for duty in anyway? Highly unlikely. Was he able to drop everything and attend an emergency incident if one so happened to come in? Yes of course he was. Have you ever done anything during the course of your employment that isn't anything to do with your line of work? More than likely. So Mr "Dad", as you can see it wasn't really that much of a big deal was it? You appear to have a rather large bee in your bonnet as you have cried about this now on 2 stories. I think it's maybe time to dry your eyes, move on and get over it now don't you?[/p][/quote]At no point have I criticised the fire service. I criticised a firecrew for taking time out from the job that they are paid for (by mine and other peoples taxes) and using that time do something personal to them. Why that is anything at all to do with you I've yet to figure out. So you're the one with a bee in your bonnet....regarding my opinion. Why the f**k it does it matter to you what I think? I'm absolutely certain that your opinions mean absolutely nothing to me!!!! You need to wind your neck in you wierdo and stop trying to prevent people from having a valid opinion that differs from yours.[/p][/quote]Oh dear, Mr Dad here has blown a gasket. You maybe need to seek help from your obvious anger management issues. So if you don't have a problem with them then why are you having a dig at them on a story concerning firefighters in a wider area? Don't try and back pedal now you weasel you've set your stall out so stick by it. Who is preventing you from having an opinion? You are perfectly entitled to it, I just happen to think you are wrong and in the process have made yourself look foolish. What has it got to do with me? Well I also pay taxes and have done so for 25 years so I think, like you I'm perfectly entitled to also have an opinion. So I will ask you again as seen as you didn't answer my questions, as a result of this fireman proposing to his girlfriend did anybody get hurt? Did it affect your life in any way whatsoever? Did it impare his ability to carry out his job? Was he able to leave if an emergency came in? All relevant questions wouldn't you agree? And the comment about paying tax is just plain childish. I can't think of a valid point to put forward so I'll randomly surmise that I earn more money that the person I'm in correspondence with and therefore pay more in income tax. It is clearly you sir that needs to wind your neck in. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 6

7:08pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Rich Riley says...

Nobody cares. The sooner the fire service is streamlined the better. They only need to be part time and I think this strike will prove it. 24 hours with minimum staffing levels will show that the rest of them aren't really needed.
Officer Seagull will no doubt disagree.
Nobody cares. The sooner the fire service is streamlined the better. They only need to be part time and I think this strike will prove it. 24 hours with minimum staffing levels will show that the rest of them aren't really needed. Officer Seagull will no doubt disagree. Rich Riley
  • Score: -6

8:10pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Truth will out says...

Public sector strikes - no support these days.

Everyone is challenged. In the private sector people go without pay rises. Pensions are eroding everywhere. Deal with it.

I'd have no problem with this service being privatized. Zero chance of a strike then.
Public sector strikes - no support these days. Everyone is challenged. In the private sector people go without pay rises. Pensions are eroding everywhere. Deal with it. I'd have no problem with this service being privatized. Zero chance of a strike then. Truth will out
  • Score: -1

8:17pm Thu 12 Jun 14

2 for 5p ridesagain says...

Get the Swines part time. Rich and Graces are spot on.
At least whilst they are on strike we are not paying them to play table tennis or snooker.

What's the difference between the long term unemployed and a fireman. ?
The fireman costs us tax payers much more money.
Get the Swines part time. Rich and Graces are spot on. At least whilst they are on strike we are not paying them to play table tennis or snooker. What's the difference between the long term unemployed and a fireman. ? The fireman costs us tax payers much more money. 2 for 5p ridesagain
  • Score: -7

8:37pm Thu 12 Jun 14

jenkinsroy says...

I hope the lot of you who have commented on this
subject above have good insurance and house cover
why you idos ask ?
when they are no fire woman or men
to put your home and save your lives because this is the way things
are going they will all leave the job and why you may ask?
because of the way this government is telling them you are no longer
needed at the age of 60 year you are too old maybe this is true?
but to take money of them by the way of a lesser pension is wrong and this government know it is because the government as told them you will go at the age of 60 that is not the fireman or firewoman retiring
this the government saying you're out and all the years they have in there
pensation pot half will be clawed back by the government for them to spend latter on the E.U.
So you all here on this page get a grip on things the men and women
of our fire service die for you and me they need all our support by this I mean lobby your M.P. and the priminister tell him they have gone to far
now the fire men and women should keep all there pensation money
not just half of it they risk life and limb for us and our property.
AND THAT INCLUDES YOU DAVID YOUR FAMILY ALL YOUR MATE
IN GOVERNMENT HOW HAVE VOTED FOR THIS MONEY TO BE CLAWED BACK! you should all be ashamed of yourself one good thing
will come out of this LABOUR will probably get the fire fighters VOTES
IN 2015 then the fire men and women can keep their pensions all of it
to the FIRE MEN AND WOMEN OUT THERE BESAFE AND LONG LIFE
TO YOU ALL GOOD LUCK YOU GET MY VOTE IN 2015
I hope the lot of you who have commented on this subject above have good insurance and house cover why you idos ask ? when they are no fire woman or men to put your home and save your lives because this is the way things are going they will all leave the job and why you may ask? because of the way this government is telling them you are no longer needed at the age of 60 year you are too old maybe this is true? but to take money of them by the way of a lesser pension is wrong and this government know it is because the government as told them you will go at the age of 60 that is not the fireman or firewoman retiring this the government saying you're out and all the years they have in there pensation pot half will be clawed back by the government for them to spend latter on the E.U. So you all here on this page get a grip on things the men and women of our fire service die for you and me they need all our support by this I mean lobby your M.P. and the priminister tell him they have gone to far now the fire men and women should keep all there pensation money not just half of it they risk life and limb for us and our property. AND THAT INCLUDES YOU DAVID YOUR FAMILY ALL YOUR MATE IN GOVERNMENT HOW HAVE VOTED FOR THIS MONEY TO BE CLAWED BACK! you should all be ashamed of yourself one good thing will come out of this LABOUR will probably get the fire fighters VOTES IN 2015 then the fire men and women can keep their pensions all of it to the FIRE MEN AND WOMEN OUT THERE BESAFE AND LONG LIFE TO YOU ALL GOOD LUCK YOU GET MY VOTE IN 2015 jenkinsroy
  • Score: 1

8:37pm Thu 12 Jun 14

peely says...

Truth will out wrote:
Public sector strikes - no support these days.

Everyone is challenged. In the private sector people go without pay rises. Pensions are eroding everywhere. Deal with it.

I'd have no problem with this service being privatized. Zero chance of a strike then.
Agree entirely , millions of people are worse off than they used to be , pensions aren't, what we were promised , but the public service pension is still miles ahead of anything you could get in the private sector but we just have to get on with it! No sympathy whatsoever , just count your blessings and get on with it , they can always have their second jobs to fall back on !
[quote][p][bold]Truth will out[/bold] wrote: Public sector strikes - no support these days. Everyone is challenged. In the private sector people go without pay rises. Pensions are eroding everywhere. Deal with it. I'd have no problem with this service being privatized. Zero chance of a strike then.[/p][/quote]Agree entirely , millions of people are worse off than they used to be , pensions aren't, what we were promised , but the public service pension is still miles ahead of anything you could get in the private sector but we just have to get on with it! No sympathy whatsoever , just count your blessings and get on with it , they can always have their second jobs to fall back on ! peely
  • Score: 1

9:14pm Thu 12 Jun 14

jenkinsroy says...

peely wrote:
Truth will out wrote:
Public sector strikes - no support these days.

Everyone is challenged. In the private sector people go without pay rises. Pensions are eroding everywhere. Deal with it.

I'd have no problem with this service being privatized. Zero chance of a strike then.
Agree entirely , millions of people are worse off than they used to be , pensions aren't, what we were promised , but the public service pension is still miles ahead of anything you could get in the private sector but we just have to get on with it! No sympathy whatsoever , just count your blessings and get on with it , they can always have their second jobs to fall back on !
SO you agree with the government YES OR NO!
The fact about this is they risk their lives for us
and you are saying they are not worth they pension money
what they have earned over the years of service to us all.
SO from what you say above they get more pension money
in the fire service than you in the private sector so they should
do you risk your life every day YES OR NO ?
If YES good on you see the government about a rise in your pension
If NO try to look at the big picture here they.
DO RISK LIFE AND LIMB EVERY DAY FOR US ALL AND CAN ONLY
FALL BACK ON THERE SECOND JOB IF THEY ARE ALIVE TO DO SO?
[quote][p][bold]peely[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Truth will out[/bold] wrote: Public sector strikes - no support these days. Everyone is challenged. In the private sector people go without pay rises. Pensions are eroding everywhere. Deal with it. I'd have no problem with this service being privatized. Zero chance of a strike then.[/p][/quote]Agree entirely , millions of people are worse off than they used to be , pensions aren't, what we were promised , but the public service pension is still miles ahead of anything you could get in the private sector but we just have to get on with it! No sympathy whatsoever , just count your blessings and get on with it , they can always have their second jobs to fall back on ![/p][/quote]SO you agree with the government YES OR NO! The fact about this is they risk their lives for us and you are saying they are not worth they pension money what they have earned over the years of service to us all. SO from what you say above they get more pension money in the fire service than you in the private sector so they should do you risk your life every day YES OR NO ? If YES good on you see the government about a rise in your pension If NO try to look at the big picture here they. DO RISK LIFE AND LIMB EVERY DAY FOR US ALL AND CAN ONLY FALL BACK ON THERE SECOND JOB IF THEY ARE ALIVE TO DO SO? jenkinsroy
  • Score: -1

10:17pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Steven Seagull says...

2 for 5p ridesagain wrote:
Get the Swines part time. Rich and Graces are spot on.
At least whilst they are on strike we are not paying them to play table tennis or snooker.

What's the difference between the long term unemployed and a fireman. ?
The fireman costs us tax payers much more money.
Ooooooh look, the bitter deformed hill monkey has found 2 more new friends.

The difference between you and a fireman is that a fireman has got a job.
And no, working at remploy doesn't count for you.
When is your house going to catch fire and make us all smile?
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p ridesagain[/bold] wrote: Get the Swines part time. Rich and Graces are spot on. At least whilst they are on strike we are not paying them to play table tennis or snooker. What's the difference between the long term unemployed and a fireman. ? The fireman costs us tax payers much more money.[/p][/quote]Ooooooh look, the bitter deformed hill monkey has found 2 more new friends. The difference between you and a fireman is that a fireman has got a job. And no, working at remploy doesn't count for you. When is your house going to catch fire and make us all smile? Steven Seagull
  • Score: 6

11:46pm Thu 12 Jun 14

2 for 5p ridesagain says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
2 for 5p ridesagain wrote:
Get the Swines part time. Rich and Graces are spot on.
At least whilst they are on strike we are not paying them to play table tennis or snooker.

What's the difference between the long term unemployed and a fireman. ?
The fireman costs us tax payers much more money.
Ooooooh look, the bitter deformed hill monkey has found 2 more new friends.

The difference between you and a fireman is that a fireman has got a job.
And no, working at remploy doesn't count for you.
When is your house going to catch fire and make us all smile?
Hey Steven your behind on your payday loan again, I'll be round later.
It's a shame a bone idle swine like yourself can't get on the brigade. You would fit in quite well with dross there. you also wouldn't be in so much debt if you did.
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p ridesagain[/bold] wrote: Get the Swines part time. Rich and Graces are spot on. At least whilst they are on strike we are not paying them to play table tennis or snooker. What's the difference between the long term unemployed and a fireman. ? The fireman costs us tax payers much more money.[/p][/quote]Ooooooh look, the bitter deformed hill monkey has found 2 more new friends. The difference between you and a fireman is that a fireman has got a job. And no, working at remploy doesn't count for you. When is your house going to catch fire and make us all smile?[/p][/quote]Hey Steven your behind on your payday loan again, I'll be round later. It's a shame a bone idle swine like yourself can't get on the brigade. You would fit in quite well with dross there. you also wouldn't be in so much debt if you did. 2 for 5p ridesagain
  • Score: -7

11:52pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Mypointis says...

Set of to$$ers
Set of to$$ers Mypointis
  • Score: 4

12:30am Fri 13 Jun 14

Steven11 says...

Oh heck . Wonga will soon be posting on here soon. !
Oh heck . Wonga will soon be posting on here soon. ! Steven11
  • Score: 2

7:55am Fri 13 Jun 14

AnthonyUK says...

The Govt are wrong to take away half of somebody's pension if they have to retire early before the age of 60, the person who paid into that should get EVERYTHING they paid into the pension pot if they have to retire before 60. It's sheer daylight robbery and the firemen are RIGHT to strike the Govt against this draconian step.
The Govt are wrong to take away half of somebody's pension if they have to retire early before the age of 60, the person who paid into that should get EVERYTHING they paid into the pension pot if they have to retire before 60. It's sheer daylight robbery and the firemen are RIGHT to strike the Govt against this draconian step. AnthonyUK
  • Score: 8

7:55am Fri 13 Jun 14

AnthonyUK says...

All you lot who support the Govt are sheep!
All you lot who support the Govt are sheep! AnthonyUK
  • Score: 7

8:37am Fri 13 Jun 14

Jimbok says...

I bet most normal people would love to have pensions like theirs. Instead, we have to pay taxes to fund them.
I bet most normal people would love to have pensions like theirs. Instead, we have to pay taxes to fund them. Jimbok
  • Score: 3

9:27am Fri 13 Jun 14

Steven Seagull says...

2 for 5p ridesagain wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
2 for 5p ridesagain wrote:
Get the Swines part time. Rich and Graces are spot on.
At least whilst they are on strike we are not paying them to play table tennis or snooker.

What's the difference between the long term unemployed and a fireman. ?
The fireman costs us tax payers much more money.
Ooooooh look, the bitter deformed hill monkey has found 2 more new friends.

The difference between you and a fireman is that a fireman has got a job.
And no, working at remploy doesn't count for you.
When is your house going to catch fire and make us all smile?
Hey Steven your behind on your payday loan again, I'll be round later.
It's a shame a bone idle swine like yourself can't get on the brigade. You would fit in quite well with dross there. you also wouldn't be in so much debt if you did.
You're welcome to come round to my house anytime you like. I would love to "talk" to you about your "issues" and put you straight.
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p ridesagain[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p ridesagain[/bold] wrote: Get the Swines part time. Rich and Graces are spot on. At least whilst they are on strike we are not paying them to play table tennis or snooker. What's the difference between the long term unemployed and a fireman. ? The fireman costs us tax payers much more money.[/p][/quote]Ooooooh look, the bitter deformed hill monkey has found 2 more new friends. The difference between you and a fireman is that a fireman has got a job. And no, working at remploy doesn't count for you. When is your house going to catch fire and make us all smile?[/p][/quote]Hey Steven your behind on your payday loan again, I'll be round later. It's a shame a bone idle swine like yourself can't get on the brigade. You would fit in quite well with dross there. you also wouldn't be in so much debt if you did.[/p][/quote]You're welcome to come round to my house anytime you like. I would love to "talk" to you about your "issues" and put you straight. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 6

9:30am Fri 13 Jun 14

Steven Seagull says...

Jimbok wrote:
I bet most normal people would love to have pensions like theirs. Instead, we have to pay taxes to fund them.
Well maybe if people want a decent pension they should go out a find a job that pays one instead of sitting on their arses festering in Jealousy.

They don't just give them out at the taxpayers expense you f***ing idiot.
[quote][p][bold]Jimbok[/bold] wrote: I bet most normal people would love to have pensions like theirs. Instead, we have to pay taxes to fund them.[/p][/quote]Well maybe if people want a decent pension they should go out a find a job that pays one instead of sitting on their arses festering in Jealousy. They don't just give them out at the taxpayers expense you f***ing idiot. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 6

5:59pm Fri 13 Jun 14

BIGGLESTOE says...

jenkinsroy wrote:
I hope the lot of you who have commented on this
subject above have good insurance and house cover
why you idos ask ?
when they are no fire woman or men
to put your home and save your lives because this is the way things
are going they will all leave the job and why you may ask?
because of the way this government is telling them you are no longer
needed at the age of 60 year you are too old maybe this is true?
but to take money of them by the way of a lesser pension is wrong and this government know it is because the government as told them you will go at the age of 60 that is not the fireman or firewoman retiring
this the government saying you're out and all the years they have in there
pensation pot half will be clawed back by the government for them to spend latter on the E.U.
So you all here on this page get a grip on things the men and women
of our fire service die for you and me they need all our support by this I mean lobby your M.P. and the priminister tell him they have gone to far
now the fire men and women should keep all there pensation money
not just half of it they risk life and limb for us and our property.
AND THAT INCLUDES YOU DAVID YOUR FAMILY ALL YOUR MATE
IN GOVERNMENT HOW HAVE VOTED FOR THIS MONEY TO BE CLAWED BACK! you should all be ashamed of yourself one good thing
will come out of this LABOUR will probably get the fire fighters VOTES
IN 2015 then the fire men and women can keep their pensions all of it
to the FIRE MEN AND WOMEN OUT THERE BESAFE AND LONG LIFE
TO YOU ALL GOOD LUCK YOU GET MY VOTE IN 2015
I'm afraid I find it difficult understanding people who are a little short in the grey matter!
[quote][p][bold]jenkinsroy[/bold] wrote: I hope the lot of you who have commented on this subject above have good insurance and house cover why you idos ask ? when they are no fire woman or men to put your home and save your lives because this is the way things are going they will all leave the job and why you may ask? because of the way this government is telling them you are no longer needed at the age of 60 year you are too old maybe this is true? but to take money of them by the way of a lesser pension is wrong and this government know it is because the government as told them you will go at the age of 60 that is not the fireman or firewoman retiring this the government saying you're out and all the years they have in there pensation pot half will be clawed back by the government for them to spend latter on the E.U. So you all here on this page get a grip on things the men and women of our fire service die for you and me they need all our support by this I mean lobby your M.P. and the priminister tell him they have gone to far now the fire men and women should keep all there pensation money not just half of it they risk life and limb for us and our property. AND THAT INCLUDES YOU DAVID YOUR FAMILY ALL YOUR MATE IN GOVERNMENT HOW HAVE VOTED FOR THIS MONEY TO BE CLAWED BACK! you should all be ashamed of yourself one good thing will come out of this LABOUR will probably get the fire fighters VOTES IN 2015 then the fire men and women can keep their pensions all of it to the FIRE MEN AND WOMEN OUT THERE BESAFE AND LONG LIFE TO YOU ALL GOOD LUCK YOU GET MY VOTE IN 2015[/p][/quote]I'm afraid I find it difficult understanding people who are a little short in the grey matter! BIGGLESTOE
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree