Lancashire TelegraphAccrington couple escape unhurt after falling asleep with grill left on (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Accrington couple escape unhurt after falling asleep with grill left on

Lancashire Telegraph: Accrington couple escape unhurt after falling asleep with grill left on Accrington couple escape unhurt after falling asleep with grill left on

FIRE crews were called to a home in Howard Close in Accrington after a couple fell asleep with the grill left on.

The couple, both in their 50s, were alerted by their smoke alarm just after 8pm yesterday evening and evacuated the property safely.

Firefighters arrived soon after and ventilated the property.

A smoke alarm also alerted a resident to a fire in the living room of a home in Hodgson Street, Oswaldtwistle, at about 9.40pm, which was sparked by a candle which was left unattended. It some damage to a hearth area.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:11pm Fri 11 Apr 14

2 for 5p ridesagain says...

We really do need to switch to a part time fire brigade
We really do need to switch to a part time fire brigade 2 for 5p ridesagain
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree