Lancashire TelegraphFire crews called to Burnley home after pan catches fire (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Fire crews called to Burnley home after pan catches fire

Lancashire Telegraph: Fire crews called to Burnley home after pan catches fire Fire crews called to Burnley home after pan catches fire

FIRE crews from Burnley were called to a bungalow in Burnley after a pan caught fire.

The fire broke out at around 2pm in the kitchen of the Chelburn Grove property, after the pan had been left unattended on the oven.

Neighbours were alerted to the fire after the bungalow filled with smoke, activating smoke alarms.

The property was unattended at the time.

The pan and contents were destroyed by the fire, and slight smoke damage was caused to the bungalow.

Watch manager Gary Hargreaves said: “Leaving cooking items unattended is dangerous.

“It was fortunate that he had a working smoke alarm.

“It alerted neighbours and prevented it from being a more serious incident.”

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:14pm Thu 10 Apr 14

2 for 5p ridesagain says...

Ever single time there is a small incident this shower go running to the local rag.
Hey what's wrong lads , deep down you know that you should be a part time service. These articles are just your way of justifying your waste of tax payers money.
Ever single time there is a small incident this shower go running to the local rag. Hey what's wrong lads , deep down you know that you should be a part time service. These articles are just your way of justifying your waste of tax payers money. 2 for 5p ridesagain
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree