Lancashire TelegraphEast Lancs gas warning after family rescued (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

East Lancs gas warning after family rescued

Lancashire Telegraph: East Lancs gas warning after family rescued East Lancs gas warning after family rescued

THE UK’s official gas safety authority has issued advice after six members of a Blackburn family escaped from a carbon monoxide leak which almost cost them their lives.

The Patel family were rescued from their home in Railway Grove, Little Harwood, after a faulty boiler began pumping out the lethal gas on Saturday afternoon.

Stakeholder manager for Gas Safe Register, Sarah Hill, said: “Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer as it you can’t see it, smell it or taste it, but it can kill quickly and without warning. “One of the best ways to keep you and your family gas safe is to get appliances checked at least once a year.”

Residents should know the warning signs of an unsafe gas appliance — including lazy yellow or orange flames instead of the crisp, blue ones. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can be similar to flu. They include headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.

For more information, visit www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree