Woman suffers burns in Oswaldtwistle fire accident

Woman suffers burns in Oswaldtwistle fire accident

Woman suffers burns in Oswaldtwistle fire accident

First published in News Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by , Health Reporter

A WOMAN suffered burns to her face after adding fuel to her living room fire before it had gone out, firefighters said.

Crews were called to the incident in Mayfield Avenue, Oswaldtwistle, just before 9pm on Saturday.

They said the woman only suffered minor burns, but a chair and rug were damaged by flames which had jumped out from the bio-ethanol fire.

The occupant thought the fire had gone out when she tried lighting it again, firefighters added.

She was taken to hospital for treatment but later discharged.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:53pm Sun 19 Jan 14

blkbrn lad says...

Nothing like the picture, I bet.
Nothing like the picture, I bet. blkbrn lad
  • Score: 11

3:59pm Sun 19 Jan 14

Michael@ClitheroeSince58 says...

Looks like she emptied a petrol tanker onto it by the picture
Looks like she emptied a petrol tanker onto it by the picture Michael@ClitheroeSince58
  • Score: 9

7:54pm Sun 19 Jan 14

Rich Riley says...

A few non stories involving the fire brigade in the news today, is there a strike coming up?
A few non stories involving the fire brigade in the news today, is there a strike coming up? Rich Riley
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree