Nelson police officer shot on duty in Leeds in 'stable condition'

Lancashire Telegraph: PC Suzanne Hodson PC Suzanne Hodson

A POLICE officer from Nelson who was shot in the line of duty in Leeds is in a stable condition.

PC Suzanne Hudson, 33, suffered serious injuries in an incident last week.

A 37-year-old man has been charged with the attemped murder of PC Hudson and her colleage, PC Richard Whiteley.

PC Hudson, who attended Mansfield High School, Brierfield, and Leeds University, was shot while attending a routine neighbourhood call in the Hyde Park area of Leeds on December 4.

James Leslie, of Queenswood Drive, Leeds, was remanded in custody by Leeds Magistrates’ Court last Friday.

He is also accused of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life, possessing a prohibited firearm, criminal damage amd possessing cannabis.

During a brief three-minute appearance before District Judge David Kitson, Leslie stood in the glass-fronted dock flanked by two female security guards.

Dressed in a navy blue jumper and blue trousers, he spoke only to confirm his personal details.

PC Hudson’s colleague, PC Richard Whiteley, was unharmed in the incident.

Judge Kitson told Leslie he will be remanded in custody to appear again at Leeds Crown Court on December 20.

There was no application for bail.

West Yorkshire Police said PC Hudson remained in a ‘serious but stable’ condition in a Leeds hospital.

Pendle MP Andrew Stephenson said: “I wish the injured police officer a speedy recovery and my sympathies are with her family at this difficult time.”

Ned Liddemore, vice chairman of West Yorkshire Police Federation, said: “We will be supporting the officers and their families through this traumatic time.”

Comments (9)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:56pm Fri 13 Dec 13

happycyclist says...

Any assault against a police officer should carry at least double the sentence that it would ordinarily.
Any assault against a police officer should carry at least double the sentence that it would ordinarily. happycyclist

8:23pm Fri 13 Dec 13

HarryBosch says...

Totally agree with you there Happy. In fact I would go so far as to say bring in the death penalty for murder and attempted murder against law enforcement officers, prison officers and ambulance service personnel whilst carrying out their duties.
Totally agree with you there Happy. In fact I would go so far as to say bring in the death penalty for murder and attempted murder against law enforcement officers, prison officers and ambulance service personnel whilst carrying out their duties. HarryBosch

12:35am Sat 14 Dec 13

You're not mugging me off that easily says...

Get well soon Suzanne.

On a seperate note, Harry, what happened to the comments on the PCSO story ???
Get well soon Suzanne. On a seperate note, Harry, what happened to the comments on the PCSO story ??? You're not mugging me off that easily

5:41am Sat 14 Dec 13

HarryBosch says...

You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
Get well soon Suzanne.

On a seperate note, Harry, what happened to the comments on the PCSO story ???
I don't know Muggers. I didn't see any posts that might have brought it about. Only explanation I can think of is that the possibility of the guy being charged would render it subjudici and therefore no longer open to public comment.
[quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: Get well soon Suzanne. On a seperate note, Harry, what happened to the comments on the PCSO story ???[/p][/quote]I don't know Muggers. I didn't see any posts that might have brought it about. Only explanation I can think of is that the possibility of the guy being charged would render it subjudici and therefore no longer open to public comment. HarryBosch

8:19am Sat 14 Dec 13

You're not mugging me off that easily says...

HarryBosch wrote:
You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
Get well soon Suzanne.

On a seperate note, Harry, what happened to the comments on the PCSO story ???
I don't know Muggers. I didn't see any posts that might have brought it about. Only explanation I can think of is that the possibility of the guy being charged would render it subjudici and therefore no longer open to public comment.
I wouldn't mind but we'd steered away from the actual topic in question.

The Pyongyang Times strikes again!
[quote][p][bold]HarryBosch[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: Get well soon Suzanne. On a seperate note, Harry, what happened to the comments on the PCSO story ???[/p][/quote]I don't know Muggers. I didn't see any posts that might have brought it about. Only explanation I can think of is that the possibility of the guy being charged would render it subjudici and therefore no longer open to public comment.[/p][/quote]I wouldn't mind but we'd steered away from the actual topic in question. The Pyongyang Times strikes again! You're not mugging me off that easily

9:57am Sat 14 Dec 13

glossopkid says...

Hope you get well soon Suzanne, all the best.

@ Muggers.

What was wrong with me calling you Muggins?
Hope you get well soon Suzanne, all the best. @ Muggers. What was wrong with me calling you Muggins? glossopkid

10:30am Sat 14 Dec 13

HarryBosch says...

glossopkid wrote:
Hope you get well soon Suzanne, all the best.

@ Muggers.

What was wrong with me calling you Muggins?
I guess that may have been my fault glossopkid - yesterday he invited me to call him Mug but I just thought it more respectful.
[quote][p][bold]glossopkid[/bold] wrote: Hope you get well soon Suzanne, all the best. @ Muggers. What was wrong with me calling you Muggins?[/p][/quote]I guess that may have been my fault glossopkid - yesterday he invited me to call him Mug but I just thought it more respectful. HarryBosch

10:56am Sat 14 Dec 13

You're not mugging me off that easily says...

HarryBosch wrote:
glossopkid wrote:
Hope you get well soon Suzanne, all the best.

@ Muggers.

What was wrong with me calling you Muggins?
I guess that may have been my fault glossopkid - yesterday he invited me to call him Mug but I just thought it more respectful.
Mug / Muggins, either is good. I usually get called worse ! :)
[quote][p][bold]HarryBosch[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]glossopkid[/bold] wrote: Hope you get well soon Suzanne, all the best. @ Muggers. What was wrong with me calling you Muggins?[/p][/quote]I guess that may have been my fault glossopkid - yesterday he invited me to call him Mug but I just thought it more respectful.[/p][/quote]Mug / Muggins, either is good. I usually get called worse ! :) You're not mugging me off that easily

7:26pm Sat 14 Dec 13

glossopkid says...

You're not mugging me off that easily wrote:
HarryBosch wrote:
glossopkid wrote:
Hope you get well soon Suzanne, all the best.

@ Muggers.

What was wrong with me calling you Muggins?
I guess that may have been my fault glossopkid - yesterday he invited me to call him Mug but I just thought it more respectful.
Mug / Muggins, either is good. I usually get called worse ! :)
Well you weren't happy about it the other day. Though I didn't see any harm in it myself but you never know when one gets offended!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]You're not mugging me off that easily[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]HarryBosch[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]glossopkid[/bold] wrote: Hope you get well soon Suzanne, all the best. @ Muggers. What was wrong with me calling you Muggins?[/p][/quote]I guess that may have been my fault glossopkid - yesterday he invited me to call him Mug but I just thought it more respectful.[/p][/quote]Mug / Muggins, either is good. I usually get called worse ! :)[/p][/quote]Well you weren't happy about it the other day. Though I didn't see any harm in it myself but you never know when one gets offended!!!!!! glossopkid

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree