Food poisoning warning for Ribble Valley food lovers

FOOD lovers in the Ribble Valley have been warned about the dangers of food poisoning during the festive period.

Ribble Valley Borough Council has advised people to look at the star ratings for food hygiene at restaurants, cafes, takeaways and supermarkets over Christmas.

The Food Hygiene Rating Scheme enables consumers to make informed choices about where they buy or eat food.

The council’s environmental health manager James Russell said: “Consumers spend a significant amount of money on food during the festive season and this scheme enables them to know how a food outlet is performing against required standards of hygiene, and therefore make informed choices about where they buy or consume food.

“One thing guaranteed to ruin Christmas is food poisoning, so if you’re organising a festive gathering at a local hostelry or restaurant don’t just examine the menu check what their hygiene rating is, too.”

Ribble Valley has 736 eateries, with 97 per cent of them being given a food hygiene rating of three stars or above.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree