Nelson man set fire to bed by falling asleep with a cigarette in his mouth

A MAN set fire to his bed after falling asleep with a cigarette in his mouth.

Firefighters were called to a house in Charles Street, Nelson, at 1.30am yesterday.

Crew manager Jenny Nangle said the man had already poured water on the fire, extinguishing it, by the time they arrived.

She said: “It was out when we got there so we just helped to ventilate the property.

“The fire damage was limited to the bedding.

“It was evident this man had had a drink and we ask people to be careful with cigarettes in the home.”

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:34pm Mon 4 Feb 13

peely says...

Quiet day in the newsroom ?
Quiet day in the newsroom ? peely

11:13pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Graham Hartley says...

Mary Portas perhaps his bedfellow?
Mary Portas perhaps his bedfellow? Graham Hartley

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree