First food bank launched for needy families in Rossendale

First published in News Lancashire Telegraph: Photograph of the Author by

ROSSENDALE’S first permanent food bank has opened.

The donation point at the Tesco store in Haslingden was launched by Rossendale charity the RAFT Foundation.

They have been working since July to deliver food parcels to hard-up families in the Valley.

Chairman and co-founder Kate Crane said she was delighted to have the backing of the superstore.

She said: “Tesco has been very supportive since we started. We have been hoping for a permanent collection point for some time and we managed to agree it with the store two weeks ago.

“Hopefully there will be further donation points opened in the future, we are talking to the Rawtenstall store as well and in early discussions with the Co-Operative in Bacup.

“Colette Butler, the Haslingden store’s community champion, has been brilliant and really helpful in setting this up.”

The charity has dealt with a steady amount of referrals since its formation, but Kate said the week leading up to Christmas had seen requests double.

Donations come mainly in the form of non-perishable foods, but one package from mental health charity Rossendale Rubicon included hand-knitted gloves for children.

Kate added: “Although it’s maybe needed more at Christmas, our pledge is to help people in Rossendale all year round.

“Come April when further welfare reform kick in we’re expecting to be really busy.”

The Rossendale Schools’ District football team has also been helping the charity by paying their match fees in food instead of cash.

One of the team’s coaches, Jon Edmondson, said: “We wanted to create a bit of social awareness among the 15 to 16-year-old lads, to show them how fortunate they are.

“We want to teach them qualities of respect so that they can take those qualities into life as young adults. “

There’s been a great response by the lads and their parents. It shows Rossendale in a really good light.” RAFT currently distributes the food to high-priority cases referred to them by the citizens’ advice bureau and Green Vale Homes.

Comments (41)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:16pm Wed 26 Dec 12

pip2pop says...

Food banks in the UK in 2012 is an utter disgrace. You were all warned about voting Tory, Now look how they laugh as they get richer & the poor get destitute.
Food banks in the UK in 2012 is an utter disgrace. You were all warned about voting Tory, Now look how they laugh as they get richer & the poor get destitute. pip2pop
  • Score: 1

7:38pm Wed 26 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

Please can somebody tell me:
If you won't work what do you expect as far as food is conserned. Do you really expect to be eating caviar and cold roast pheasant.
Most of them smoke and drink so other peoples cast out and scraps is all you deserve you dirty peasents.

Check me out poetry at its best.
Please can somebody tell me: If you won't work what do you expect as far as food is conserned. Do you really expect to be eating caviar and cold roast pheasant. Most of them smoke and drink so other peoples cast out and scraps is all you deserve you dirty peasents. Check me out poetry at its best. 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

7:41pm Wed 26 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

“quote:

We want to teach them qualities of respect so that they can take those qualities into life as young adults.

What you teaching them how to be a soft touch.
“quote: We want to teach them qualities of respect so that they can take those qualities into life as young adults. What you teaching them how to be a soft touch. 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

8:08pm Wed 26 Dec 12

Mothernature says...

2 for 5p wrote:
Please can somebody tell me: If you won't work what do you expect as far as food is conserned. Do you really expect to be eating caviar and cold roast pheasant. Most of them smoke and drink so other peoples cast out and scraps is all you deserve you dirty peasents. Check me out poetry at its best.
You really are an unpleasant little twonk 2 for 5p. You ridicule & belittle those who are less fortunate, presumably because you believe everything that is so neatly spun by the current crop of politicians & government controlled media. Maybe you should get down from your high horse and find out the truth for yourself. Forget it, you are probably way too lazy or more probably too inept. Sheeple.
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: Please can somebody tell me: If you won't work what do you expect as far as food is conserned. Do you really expect to be eating caviar and cold roast pheasant. Most of them smoke and drink so other peoples cast out and scraps is all you deserve you dirty peasents. Check me out poetry at its best.[/p][/quote]You really are an unpleasant little twonk 2 for 5p. You ridicule & belittle those who are less fortunate, presumably because you believe everything that is so neatly spun by the current crop of politicians & government controlled media. Maybe you should get down from your high horse and find out the truth for yourself. Forget it, you are probably way too lazy or more probably too inept. Sheeple. Mothernature
  • Score: 0

8:13pm Wed 26 Dec 12

Info-warrior says...

pip2pop wrote:
Food banks in the UK in 2012 is an utter disgrace. You were all warned about voting Tory, Now look how they laugh as they get richer & the poor get destitute.
Thats not to mention the threat of a spike in food prices..Failing harvests in the US, Ukraine and other countries this year have eroded reserves to their lowest level since 1974. The US, which has experienced record heatwaves and droughts in 2012, now holds in reserve a historically low 6.5% of the maize that it expects to consume in the next year, says the UN. Prices of main food crops such as wheat and maize are now close to those that sparked riots in 25 countries in 2008.

"Food shortages undermined earlier civilisations. We are on the same path. Each country is now fending for itself. The world is living one year to the next,""The situation we are in is not temporary. These things will happen all the time. Climate is in a state of flux and there is no normal any more.

"We are beginning a new chapter. We will see food unrest in many more places.

"Armed aggression is no longer the principal threat to our future. The overriding threats to this century are climate change, population growth, spreading water shortages and rising food prices,"

I have been warning people and sheeple over the up coming shortages that will spread worldwide. The government have more than enough funds to feed the needy right now. Problem you have is when you want to replace all the tins of food you jhave given away to charities they will cost you three times as much as they originally did. Without the main basis to our diet wheat grain maize you have nothing else no meat no bread absolutely nothing and looking at some recent info I picked up water is becoming very valuable.

When news channels broadcast pictures of children starving to death around the world in third world counties and even in developed countries they will tell you there is nothing can be done to save them..

When food prices triple the same amount of support that was available in 2012 will no longer be there in 2013 thats right across the board. You could have all the money in the world but if there is no food to buy its useless.

As pip2pop as stated food banks in 21st century Britain what a load of cr4p But in defence of the sheeple the tories didn't get voted in they got leadership by some ancient coalition scam to gain power.

And there is still the nagging problem I have with Georgie Osborne not creating any growth in the four yrs they have been in power..? Unless he knows something we don't......World changing disaster...WW3. or the dollar and euro going over the fiscal or maybe a food shortage that will wipe out half the worlds population by design he could know our fait already. There are very dark days ahead which ever way it turns out..The public having to feed the unemployed is beyond a film script. Even Demonic...we must be mad allowing this to go on.."we must be"..!
[quote][p][bold]pip2pop[/bold] wrote: Food banks in the UK in 2012 is an utter disgrace. You were all warned about voting Tory, Now look how they laugh as they get richer & the poor get destitute.[/p][/quote]Thats not to mention the threat of a spike in food prices..Failing harvests in the US, Ukraine and other countries this year have eroded reserves to their lowest level since 1974. The US, which has experienced record heatwaves and droughts in 2012, now holds in reserve a historically low 6.5% of the maize that it expects to consume in the next year, says the UN. Prices of main food crops such as wheat and maize are now close to those that sparked riots in 25 countries in 2008. "Food shortages undermined earlier civilisations. We are on the same path. Each country is now fending for itself. The world is living one year to the next,""The situation we are in is not temporary. These things will happen all the time. Climate is in a state of flux and there is no normal any more. "We are beginning a new chapter. We will see food unrest in many more places. "Armed aggression is no longer the principal threat to our future. The overriding threats to this century are climate change, population growth, spreading water shortages and rising food prices," I have been warning people and sheeple over the up coming shortages that will spread worldwide. The government have more than enough funds to feed the needy right now. Problem you have is when you want to replace all the tins of food you jhave given away to charities they will cost you three times as much as they originally did. Without the main basis to our diet wheat grain maize you have nothing else no meat no bread absolutely nothing and looking at some recent info I picked up water is becoming very valuable. When news channels broadcast pictures of children starving to death around the world in third world counties and even in developed countries they will tell you there is nothing can be done to save them.. When food prices triple the same amount of support that was available in 2012 will no longer be there in 2013 thats right across the board. You could have all the money in the world but if there is no food to buy its useless. As pip2pop as stated food banks in 21st century Britain what a load of cr4p But in defence of the sheeple the tories didn't get voted in they got leadership by some ancient coalition scam to gain power. And there is still the nagging problem I have with Georgie Osborne not creating any growth in the four yrs they have been in power..? Unless he knows something we don't......World changing disaster...WW3. or the dollar and euro going over the fiscal or maybe a food shortage that will wipe out half the worlds population by design he could know our fait already. There are very dark days ahead which ever way it turns out..The public having to feed the unemployed is beyond a film script. Even Demonic...we must be mad allowing this to go on.."we must be"..! Info-warrior
  • Score: 0

8:30pm Wed 26 Dec 12

mys says...

Mothernature wrote:
2 for 5p wrote:
Please can somebody tell me: If you won't work what do you expect as far as food is conserned. Do you really expect to be eating caviar and cold roast pheasant. Most of them smoke and drink so other peoples cast out and scraps is all you deserve you dirty peasents. Check me out poetry at its best.
You really are an unpleasant little twonk 2 for 5p. You ridicule & belittle those who are less fortunate, presumably because you believe everything that is so neatly spun by the current crop of politicians & government controlled media. Maybe you should get down from your high horse and find out the truth for yourself. Forget it, you are probably way too lazy or more probably too inept. Sheeple.
Well said, this person is disgusting,he/she thinks by insulting the unemployed it makes them feel big, he/she is proberly one of these ten bob millionaires that drive a big car cos they have a chip on there shoulder and only 4ft tall, dweed
[quote][p][bold]Mothernature[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: Please can somebody tell me: If you won't work what do you expect as far as food is conserned. Do you really expect to be eating caviar and cold roast pheasant. Most of them smoke and drink so other peoples cast out and scraps is all you deserve you dirty peasents. Check me out poetry at its best.[/p][/quote]You really are an unpleasant little twonk 2 for 5p. You ridicule & belittle those who are less fortunate, presumably because you believe everything that is so neatly spun by the current crop of politicians & government controlled media. Maybe you should get down from your high horse and find out the truth for yourself. Forget it, you are probably way too lazy or more probably too inept. Sheeple.[/p][/quote]Well said, this person is disgusting,he/she thinks by insulting the unemployed it makes them feel big, he/she is proberly one of these ten bob millionaires that drive a big car cos they have a chip on there shoulder and only 4ft tall, dweed mys
  • Score: 0

8:31pm Wed 26 Dec 12

mys says...

2 for 5p wrote:
Please can somebody tell me:
If you won't work what do you expect as far as food is conserned. Do you really expect to be eating caviar and cold roast pheasant.
Most of them smoke and drink so other peoples cast out and scraps is all you deserve you dirty peasents.

Check me out poetry at its best.
Your a vile little imp
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: Please can somebody tell me: If you won't work what do you expect as far as food is conserned. Do you really expect to be eating caviar and cold roast pheasant. Most of them smoke and drink so other peoples cast out and scraps is all you deserve you dirty peasents. Check me out poetry at its best.[/p][/quote]Your a vile little imp mys
  • Score: 0

8:33pm Wed 26 Dec 12

mys says...

2 for 5p wrote:
Please can somebody tell me:
If you won't work what do you expect as far as food is conserned. Do you really expect to be eating caviar and cold roast pheasant.
Most of them smoke and drink so other peoples cast out and scraps is all you deserve you dirty peasents.

Check me out poetry at its best.
Your a vile little imp 2for 5p
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: Please can somebody tell me: If you won't work what do you expect as far as food is conserned. Do you really expect to be eating caviar and cold roast pheasant. Most of them smoke and drink so other peoples cast out and scraps is all you deserve you dirty peasents. Check me out poetry at its best.[/p][/quote]Your a vile little imp 2for 5p mys
  • Score: 0

8:35pm Wed 26 Dec 12

Excluded again says...

Many of the people using these services are not unemployed - they are the working poor - or are only recently unemployed having worked for years.

Benefits for working age poeple have been targetted by this government. So if you are working on minimum wage or just above or have just lost your job after years of grafting or have fallen seriously ill or have had an accident which means you can't work, then this government will hit you hardest.
Many of the people using these services are not unemployed - they are the working poor - or are only recently unemployed having worked for years. Benefits for working age poeple have been targetted by this government. So if you are working on minimum wage or just above or have just lost your job after years of grafting or have fallen seriously ill or have had an accident which means you can't work, then this government will hit you hardest. Excluded again
  • Score: 0

9:47pm Wed 26 Dec 12

Darwen Malc says...

Well then, did anyone see the young mother on the TV towards the end of last week using one of the many food banks that have been set up?
When asked what she thought of them she enthused 'this really helps. It's great, by coming here it means that I can afford to buy my children better presents!'
You couldnt make it up!
Well then, did anyone see the young mother on the TV towards the end of last week using one of the many food banks that have been set up? When asked what she thought of them she enthused 'this really helps. It's great, by coming here it means that I can afford to buy my children better presents!' You couldnt make it up! Darwen Malc
  • Score: 0

11:06pm Wed 26 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

Darwen Malc wrote:
Well then, did anyone see the young mother on the TV towards the end of last week using one of the many food banks that have been set up?
When asked what she thought of them she enthused 'this really helps. It's great, by coming here it means that I can afford to buy my children better presents!'
You couldnt make it up!
darwen malc your 100% spot on.

if your not working you dont have the right to expect tax payers to foot the bill for your brats presents.
Christmas should just be like any other day for you.
[quote][p][bold]Darwen Malc[/bold] wrote: Well then, did anyone see the young mother on the TV towards the end of last week using one of the many food banks that have been set up? When asked what she thought of them she enthused 'this really helps. It's great, by coming here it means that I can afford to buy my children better presents!' You couldnt make it up![/p][/quote]darwen malc your 100% spot on. if your not working you dont have the right to expect tax payers to foot the bill for your brats presents. Christmas should just be like any other day for you. 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

11:23pm Wed 26 Dec 12

Good call says...

Why is it that certain people on here, see the unemployed not as sentient human beings, but as scroungers who are taking "money" from the "system" (the government who kill people every day in wars and spy on us) but don't give a **** about the globalists robbing them blind.Dont worry sheeple, it'll be your turn to go and wait for your food parcel soon.
Why is it that certain people on here, see the unemployed not as sentient human beings, but as scroungers who are taking "money" from the "system" (the government who kill people every day in wars and spy on us) but don't give a **** about the globalists robbing them blind.Dont worry sheeple, it'll be your turn to go and wait for your food parcel soon. Good call
  • Score: 0

12:15am Thu 27 Dec 12

bb4comment says...

perhaps the doubting Thomases should volunteer for an organisation that delivers food parcels to people suffering financial hardship....maybe then they will have the knowledge to form an opinion
perhaps the doubting Thomases should volunteer for an organisation that delivers food parcels to people suffering financial hardship....maybe then they will have the knowledge to form an opinion bb4comment
  • Score: 0

12:49am Thu 27 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

pwAKE UP:
I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking.
There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already
Sausage and mash with beans
Smartprice sausage 20 for £1
Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p
Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins

That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over
There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example
fish finger and chips
Lentil soup
Sausage and chips
The list is endless
pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

7:00am Thu 27 Dec 12

Excluded again says...

2 for 5p wrote:
pwAKE UP:
I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking.
There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already
Sausage and mash with beans
Smartprice sausage 20 for £1
Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p
Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins

That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over
There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example
fish finger and chips
Lentil soup
Sausage and chips
The list is endless
No fruit and no vegetables.

Still at least you would be able to call them scurvy scumies with some accuracy.
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless[/p][/quote]No fruit and no vegetables. Still at least you would be able to call them scurvy scumies with some accuracy. Excluded again
  • Score: 0

8:26am Thu 27 Dec 12

frank says...

why do a lot of people asume that it's only unemployed PEOPLE who go to food banks?
i know people forced into almost slave labour who need them.
sick country in this day and age that screws tose at the bottom whilst those at the top have more money than they'll ever need.
witness the woman in the news setting a £10,000 spending limit for the sales.
sick.
why do a lot of people asume that it's only unemployed PEOPLE who go to food banks? i know people forced into almost slave labour who need them. sick country in this day and age that screws tose at the bottom whilst those at the top have more money than they'll ever need. witness the woman in the news setting a £10,000 spending limit for the sales. sick. frank
  • Score: 0

9:03am Thu 27 Dec 12

chris283 says...

it should not be happening simple as 2for5p your just a complete idiot end of or was you born with a silver spoon in your big gob you prob aint done a hard days work in your life looossserrrrrrrrrrr
it should not be happening simple as 2for5p your just a complete idiot end of or was you born with a silver spoon in your big gob you prob aint done a hard days work in your life looossserrrrrrrrrrr chris283
  • Score: 0

9:03am Thu 27 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

Excluded again wrote:
2 for 5p wrote:
pwAKE UP:
I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking.
There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already
Sausage and mash with beans
Smartprice sausage 20 for £1
Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p
Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins

That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over
There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example
fish finger and chips
Lentil soup
Sausage and chips
The list is endless
No fruit and no vegetables.

Still at least you would be able to call them scurvy scumies with some accuracy.
Beans are veg and so are lentils, and hey do you think for one minute this lot would eat veg,
If it's not something from a takeaway or something you add water to they are not interested, far to buzy lifestyle to put any effort into cooking
[quote][p][bold]Excluded again[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless[/p][/quote]No fruit and no vegetables. Still at least you would be able to call them scurvy scumies with some accuracy.[/p][/quote]Beans are veg and so are lentils, and hey do you think for one minute this lot would eat veg, If it's not something from a takeaway or something you add water to they are not interested, far to buzy lifestyle to put any effort into cooking 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

9:21am Thu 27 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

chris283 wrote:
it should not be happening simple as 2for5p your just a complete idiot end of or was you born with a silver spoon in your big gob you prob aint done a hard days work in your life looossserrrrrrrrrrr
intresting:

You say it should not be happening ok please tell me in a ressesion what should be happening. Do you expect unemployed to carry on as normal by keep giving them more and more money to keep up with the price of food. There is only so long that can go on.

Your second point about never doing a days work in my life well I can tell you I've never had a datpy off work in my life that's why I don't go begging to food banks, and the reason I don't give nothing to them.

I'm not totally heartless I donate a little to charity's that help feed people in African country's were they can't help being hungry. Not like the UK.
[quote][p][bold]chris283[/bold] wrote: it should not be happening simple as 2for5p your just a complete idiot end of or was you born with a silver spoon in your big gob you prob aint done a hard days work in your life looossserrrrrrrrrrr[/p][/quote]intresting: You say it should not be happening ok please tell me in a ressesion what should be happening. Do you expect unemployed to carry on as normal by keep giving them more and more money to keep up with the price of food. There is only so long that can go on. Your second point about never doing a days work in my life well I can tell you I've never had a datpy off work in my life that's why I don't go begging to food banks, and the reason I don't give nothing to them. I'm not totally heartless I donate a little to charity's that help feed people in African country's were they can't help being hungry. Not like the UK. 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

9:47am Thu 27 Dec 12

bb4comment says...

Imagine being in work, earning a good wage, coping with the day to day bills... then something happens - you're made redundant, you end up sick long term, you have to leave your work for some reason.

Your income is radically reduced. You're entitled to benefits which you claim. You have no family nearby and few friends who you feel can help you though any financial harship. You just about cope through the summer months and then winter hits. Your heating costs a stupid amount to run and it's snowing. Did I mention you have children? Let's say two children aged 2 and 5. You make sure they are warm and clean and fed. You go without meals to make sure the children are ok. The payday loan company you had to resort to when you were employed (massive bill for the car you used to be able to run) is getting nasty about repayments. You go to the Citizens' Advice Bureau for help and they talk through your situation. They help you write to the payday loan company and to your landlord about the expensive night storage heaters in your rented flat. They discover you have been missing meals to cope with the bills. They suggest you receive one or two food parcels so that you can get back on top of things. What do you do?
Imagine being in work, earning a good wage, coping with the day to day bills... then something happens - you're made redundant, you end up sick long term, you have to leave your work for some reason. Your income is radically reduced. You're entitled to benefits which you claim. You have no family nearby and few friends who you feel can help you though any financial harship. You just about cope through the summer months and then winter hits. Your heating costs a stupid amount to run and it's snowing. Did I mention you have children? Let's say two children aged 2 and 5. You make sure they are warm and clean and fed. You go without meals to make sure the children are ok. The payday loan company you had to resort to when you were employed (massive bill for the car you used to be able to run) is getting nasty about repayments. You go to the Citizens' Advice Bureau for help and they talk through your situation. They help you write to the payday loan company and to your landlord about the expensive night storage heaters in your rented flat. They discover you have been missing meals to cope with the bills. They suggest you receive one or two food parcels so that you can get back on top of things. What do you do? bb4comment
  • Score: 0

9:54am Thu 27 Dec 12

Mothernature says...

For those who think it's easy living on minimum rate, maybe you should volunteer to have your wages reduced to minimum rate wages for a month and still provide for your family. That's no claiming of Working Tax Credits either. The government favours those with children (average £70 a week per child from Child Tax Credits & Child Benefit if not working). Employers know that single parents are the most employable when it comes to wages as they only have to work 16 hours a week to claim WTC. On top of that, pay them minimum rate and the employers don't have to pay N I contributions, nor sick pay. That gives the employers a big incentive to keep hiring part-time workers. Part-time work is at an all time high for this very reason.
For those who think it's easy living on minimum rate, maybe you should volunteer to have your wages reduced to minimum rate wages for a month and still provide for your family. That's no claiming of Working Tax Credits either. The government favours those with children (average £70 a week per child from Child Tax Credits & Child Benefit if not working). Employers know that single parents are the most employable when it comes to wages as they only have to work 16 hours a week to claim WTC. On top of that, pay them minimum rate and the employers don't have to pay N I contributions, nor sick pay. That gives the employers a big incentive to keep hiring part-time workers. Part-time work is at an all time high for this very reason. Mothernature
  • Score: 0

10:00am Thu 27 Dec 12

Mothernature says...

2 for 5p wrote:
pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless
Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless[/p][/quote]Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional. Mothernature
  • Score: 0

12:37pm Thu 27 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

Mothernature wrote:
2 for 5p wrote:
pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless
Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.
BEGGERS can not be choosers as the saying goes
[quote][p][bold]Mothernature[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless[/p][/quote]Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.[/p][/quote]BEGGERS can not be choosers as the saying goes 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

12:43pm Thu 27 Dec 12

bb4comment says...

2 for 5p wrote:
Mothernature wrote:
2 for 5p wrote:
pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless
Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.
BEGGERS can not be choosers as the saying goes
You didn't answer my question 2 for 5p...... What would you do?
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mothernature[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless[/p][/quote]Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.[/p][/quote]BEGGERS can not be choosers as the saying goes[/p][/quote]You didn't answer my question 2 for 5p...... What would you do? bb4comment
  • Score: 0

12:57pm Thu 27 Dec 12

Mothernature says...

bb4comment wrote:
2 for 5p wrote:
Mothernature wrote:
2 for 5p wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless
Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.
BEGGERS can not be choosers as the saying goes
You didn't answer my question 2 for 5p...... What would you do?
I'm going to be quite nasty here bb4. 2 for 5p probably hasn't got a clue on what to do. He is probably sat in his cosy little den with a roaring fire being served champers by his serfs and rubbing his hands in glee knowing others are being penalised for having the audacity to be poor.
[quote][p][bold]bb4comment[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mothernature[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless[/p][/quote]Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.[/p][/quote]BEGGERS can not be choosers as the saying goes[/p][/quote]You didn't answer my question 2 for 5p...... What would you do?[/p][/quote]I'm going to be quite nasty here bb4. 2 for 5p probably hasn't got a clue on what to do. He is probably sat in his cosy little den with a roaring fire being served champers by his serfs and rubbing his hands in glee knowing others are being penalised for having the audacity to be poor. Mothernature
  • Score: 0

1:07pm Thu 27 Dec 12

bb4comment says...

Mothernature wrote:
bb4comment wrote:
2 for 5p wrote:
Mothernature wrote:
2 for 5p wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless
Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.
BEGGERS can not be choosers as the saying goes
You didn't answer my question 2 for 5p...... What would you do?
I'm going to be quite nasty here bb4. 2 for 5p probably hasn't got a clue on what to do. He is probably sat in his cosy little den with a roaring fire being served champers by his serfs and rubbing his hands in glee knowing others are being penalised for having the audacity to be poor.
Mothernature that's probably close! :-)

Some people don't get the fact that hard working people can hit hard times whether that be due to illness (or illness of a partner/family member) , redundancy, poor pay or countless other reasons. Sometimes all it takes is a couple of unexpected big bills and finances become unmanageable.
[quote][p][bold]Mothernature[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bb4comment[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mothernature[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless[/p][/quote]Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.[/p][/quote]BEGGERS can not be choosers as the saying goes[/p][/quote]You didn't answer my question 2 for 5p...... What would you do?[/p][/quote]I'm going to be quite nasty here bb4. 2 for 5p probably hasn't got a clue on what to do. He is probably sat in his cosy little den with a roaring fire being served champers by his serfs and rubbing his hands in glee knowing others are being penalised for having the audacity to be poor.[/p][/quote]Mothernature that's probably close! :-) Some people don't get the fact that hard working people can hit hard times whether that be due to illness (or illness of a partner/family member) , redundancy, poor pay or countless other reasons. Sometimes all it takes is a couple of unexpected big bills and finances become unmanageable. bb4comment
  • Score: 0

3:15pm Thu 27 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

bb4comment wrote:
Mothernature wrote:
bb4comment wrote:
2 for 5p wrote:
Mothernature wrote:
2 for 5p wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless
Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.
BEGGERS can not be choosers as the saying goes
You didn't answer my question 2 for 5p...... What would you do?
I'm going to be quite nasty here bb4. 2 for 5p probably hasn't got a clue on what to do. He is probably sat in his cosy little den with a roaring fire being served champers by his serfs and rubbing his hands in glee knowing others are being penalised for having the audacity to be poor.
Mothernature that's probably close! :-)

Some people don't get the fact that hard working people can hit hard times whether that be due to illness (or illness of a partner/family member) , redundancy, poor pay or countless other reasons. Sometimes all it takes is a couple of unexpected big bills and finances become unmanageable.
The answer to you question is I would take money out of my savings account to tide me over til I found a job, common sense really.
[quote][p][bold]bb4comment[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mothernature[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bb4comment[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mothernature[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless[/p][/quote]Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.[/p][/quote]BEGGERS can not be choosers as the saying goes[/p][/quote]You didn't answer my question 2 for 5p...... What would you do?[/p][/quote]I'm going to be quite nasty here bb4. 2 for 5p probably hasn't got a clue on what to do. He is probably sat in his cosy little den with a roaring fire being served champers by his serfs and rubbing his hands in glee knowing others are being penalised for having the audacity to be poor.[/p][/quote]Mothernature that's probably close! :-) Some people don't get the fact that hard working people can hit hard times whether that be due to illness (or illness of a partner/family member) , redundancy, poor pay or countless other reasons. Sometimes all it takes is a couple of unexpected big bills and finances become unmanageable.[/p][/quote]The answer to you question is I would take money out of my savings account to tide me over til I found a job, common sense really. 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

3:16pm Thu 27 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

bb4comment wrote:
Mothernature wrote:
bb4comment wrote:
2 for 5p wrote:
Mothernature wrote:
2 for 5p wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless
Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.
BEGGERS can not be choosers as the saying goes
You didn't answer my question 2 for 5p...... What would you do?
I'm going to be quite nasty here bb4. 2 for 5p probably hasn't got a clue on what to do. He is probably sat in his cosy little den with a roaring fire being served champers by his serfs and rubbing his hands in glee knowing others are being penalised for having the audacity to be poor.
Mothernature that's probably close! :-)

Some people don't get the fact that hard working people can hit hard times whether that be due to illness (or illness of a partner/family member) , redundancy, poor pay or countless other reasons. Sometimes all it takes is a couple of unexpected big bills and finances become unmanageable.
The answer to you question is I would take money out of my savings account to tide me over til I found a job, common sense really.
[quote][p][bold]bb4comment[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mothernature[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bb4comment[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mothernature[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: pwAKE UP: I've seen it first hand scumies going to collect there food hand out whilst smoking. There's no reason why they can't feed there family's if they stick to value or smart price brands, they can enjoy basic foods very cheap. For example I've done the costing already Sausage and mash with beans Smartprice sausage 20 for £1 Smart price instant mash 2 packs 40p Beans from aldi £1 for 4 tins That would be enough to feed ' 6 of them easy for £2.40 and there would be some left over There are loads of other things they could make for cheap for example fish finger and chips Lentil soup Sausage and chips The list is endless[/p][/quote]Do you seriously think that sort of food is healthy? Who in their right mind would want to eat food that is barely made up of the correct ingredients and filled out with who knows what. I doubt any food like that is designed to keep you feeling full, nor would it be nutrional.[/p][/quote]BEGGERS can not be choosers as the saying goes[/p][/quote]You didn't answer my question 2 for 5p...... What would you do?[/p][/quote]I'm going to be quite nasty here bb4. 2 for 5p probably hasn't got a clue on what to do. He is probably sat in his cosy little den with a roaring fire being served champers by his serfs and rubbing his hands in glee knowing others are being penalised for having the audacity to be poor.[/p][/quote]Mothernature that's probably close! :-) Some people don't get the fact that hard working people can hit hard times whether that be due to illness (or illness of a partner/family member) , redundancy, poor pay or countless other reasons. Sometimes all it takes is a couple of unexpected big bills and finances become unmanageable.[/p][/quote]The answer to you question is I would take money out of my savings account to tide me over til I found a job, common sense really. 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

3:39pm Thu 27 Dec 12

bb4comment says...

and 2 for 5p....what if those savings (which a lot don't have much of) didn't last long enough? what if you weren't able to find another job because you were considered "past it" at 50+ or not worth employing because youhad spent a lot of time off sick? what then?
and 2 for 5p....what if those savings (which a lot don't have much of) didn't last long enough? what if you weren't able to find another job because you were considered "past it" at 50+ or not worth employing because youhad spent a lot of time off sick? what then? bb4comment
  • Score: 0

3:44pm Thu 27 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

Oh so what your saying is what if I was a waster, we'll can't answer that one because I'm not. :)
Oh so what your saying is what if I was a waster, we'll can't answer that one because I'm not. :) 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

3:47pm Thu 27 Dec 12

bb4comment says...

2 for 5p wrote:
Oh so what your saying is what if I was a waster, we'll can't answer that one because I'm not. :)
In other words you can't answer questions about topics you haven't experienced..... may as well ignore all you have to say on the topic of poverty and food parcels then!
[quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: Oh so what your saying is what if I was a waster, we'll can't answer that one because I'm not. :)[/p][/quote]In other words you can't answer questions about topics you haven't experienced..... may as well ignore all you have to say on the topic of poverty and food parcels then! bb4comment
  • Score: 0

4:12pm Thu 27 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

bb4comment wrote:
2 for 5p wrote:
Oh so what your saying is what if I was a waster, we'll can't answer that one because I'm not. :)
In other words you can't answer questions about topics you haven't experienced..... may as well ignore all you have to say on the topic of poverty and food parcels then!
Tell you what you answer my question why do 90% of people on food handouts smoke, why can't they buy food with the money they spend on fags, don't you tell me they don't because I've seen them with my own eyes.
Prats like you will be setting up cigarettes banks next to help the poor unfortunates who can't afford fags, oh sorry I forgot they always find money for beer and fags. I look forward to your answer.
[quote][p][bold]bb4comment[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]2 for 5p[/bold] wrote: Oh so what your saying is what if I was a waster, we'll can't answer that one because I'm not. :)[/p][/quote]In other words you can't answer questions about topics you haven't experienced..... may as well ignore all you have to say on the topic of poverty and food parcels then![/p][/quote]Tell you what you answer my question why do 90% of people on food handouts smoke, why can't they buy food with the money they spend on fags, don't you tell me they don't because I've seen them with my own eyes. Prats like you will be setting up cigarettes banks next to help the poor unfortunates who can't afford fags, oh sorry I forgot they always find money for beer and fags. I look forward to your answer. 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

4:18pm Thu 27 Dec 12

bb4comment says...

Back up what you're saying with legitimate statistics and I'll listen.

...and then I'll answer....
Back up what you're saying with legitimate statistics and I'll listen. ...and then I'll answer.... bb4comment
  • Score: 0

5:19pm Thu 27 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

bb4comment wrote:
Back up what you're saying with legitimate statistics and I'll listen.

...and then I'll answer....
Okay sorry all our glorious scum who use food banks don't drink don't smoke go to church every Sundays ect.

Oh what's that over there it looks like a. Flying pig
[quote][p][bold]bb4comment[/bold] wrote: Back up what you're saying with legitimate statistics and I'll listen. ...and then I'll answer....[/p][/quote]Okay sorry all our glorious scum who use food banks don't drink don't smoke go to church every Sundays ect. Oh what's that over there it looks like a. Flying pig 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

5:51pm Thu 27 Dec 12

bb4comment says...

Yawn. Not very good at this backing up opinions thing are you?
Yawn. Not very good at this backing up opinions thing are you? bb4comment
  • Score: 0

7:42pm Thu 27 Dec 12

Mothernature says...

2 for 5p, here's a statistic for you. 23% of the population smoke and that figure becomes lower the younger the people (better eduction on the evils of smoking). Now tell me where you get your figures of 90% of people on benefits are smokers and I'll show you flying pigs. You are like a lot of people who aren't currently affected by the changes (maybe you are one of those getting a reduction in your tax payments). You blindly believe everything spewed out by the press & the government and no doubt it wouldn't enter your head to challenge what is being told to you. I'm alright Jack brigade. Complete fool.
2 for 5p, here's a statistic for you. 23% of the population smoke and that figure becomes lower the younger the people (better eduction on the evils of smoking). Now tell me where you get your figures of 90% of people on benefits are smokers and I'll show you flying pigs. You are like a lot of people who aren't currently affected by the changes (maybe you are one of those getting a reduction in your tax payments). You blindly believe everything spewed out by the press & the government and no doubt it wouldn't enter your head to challenge what is being told to you. I'm alright Jack brigade. Complete fool. Mothernature
  • Score: 0

11:41pm Thu 27 Dec 12

Major Tom says...

Its time they reduced benefits & issued food vouchers. They couldn't go buy drinks & cigs over the shelf with them. The DSS can go & make unannounced checks on all claimants to find evidence of booze/drugs/cigs/scr
atch cards/betting slips. Bring in new laws so they can search without a warrant any home of a out of work benefit claimant.
Its time they reduced benefits & issued food vouchers. They couldn't go buy drinks & cigs over the shelf with them. The DSS can go & make unannounced checks on all claimants to find evidence of booze/drugs/cigs/scr atch cards/betting slips. Bring in new laws so they can search without a warrant any home of a out of work benefit claimant. Major Tom
  • Score: 0

12:02am Fri 28 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

Major Tom wrote:
Its time they reduced benefits & issued food vouchers. They couldn't go buy drinks & cigs over the shelf with them. The DSS can go & make unannounced checks on all claimants to find evidence of booze/drugs/cigs/scr

atch cards/betting slips. Bring in new laws so they can search without a warrant any home of a out of work benefit claimant.
Good idea major, I think they should also publish every week how much benefit is being claimed and what benefit each person is claiming. That way neighbour's could bubble them up if they suspect there claiming for something they are not entitled to.
After all its public cash the public deserve to know who's getting what.
[quote][p][bold]Major Tom[/bold] wrote: Its time they reduced benefits & issued food vouchers. They couldn't go buy drinks & cigs over the shelf with them. The DSS can go & make unannounced checks on all claimants to find evidence of booze/drugs/cigs/scr atch cards/betting slips. Bring in new laws so they can search without a warrant any home of a out of work benefit claimant.[/p][/quote]Good idea major, I think they should also publish every week how much benefit is being claimed and what benefit each person is claiming. That way neighbour's could bubble them up if they suspect there claiming for something they are not entitled to. After all its public cash the public deserve to know who's getting what. 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

12:04am Fri 28 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

Major Tom wrote:
Its time they reduced benefits & issued food vouchers. They couldn't go buy drinks & cigs over the shelf with them. The DSS can go & make unannounced checks on all claimants to find evidence of booze/drugs/cigs/scr

atch cards/betting slips. Bring in new laws so they can search without a warrant any home of a out of work benefit claimant.
Good idea major, I think they should also publish every week how much benefit is being claimed and what benefit each person is claiming. That way neighbour's could bubble them up if they suspect there claiming for something they are not entitled to.
After all its public cash the public deserve to know who's getting what.
[quote][p][bold]Major Tom[/bold] wrote: Its time they reduced benefits & issued food vouchers. They couldn't go buy drinks & cigs over the shelf with them. The DSS can go & make unannounced checks on all claimants to find evidence of booze/drugs/cigs/scr atch cards/betting slips. Bring in new laws so they can search without a warrant any home of a out of work benefit claimant.[/p][/quote]Good idea major, I think they should also publish every week how much benefit is being claimed and what benefit each person is claiming. That way neighbour's could bubble them up if they suspect there claiming for something they are not entitled to. After all its public cash the public deserve to know who's getting what. 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

12:04am Fri 28 Dec 12

2 for 5p says...

Major Tom wrote:
Its time they reduced benefits & issued food vouchers. They couldn't go buy drinks & cigs over the shelf with them. The DSS can go & make unannounced checks on all claimants to find evidence of booze/drugs/cigs/scr

atch cards/betting slips. Bring in new laws so they can search without a warrant any home of a out of work benefit claimant.
Good idea major, I think they should also publish every week how much benefit is being claimed and what benefit each person is claiming. That way neighbour's could bubble them up if they suspect there claiming for something they are not entitled to.
After all its public cash the public deserve to know who's getting what.
[quote][p][bold]Major Tom[/bold] wrote: Its time they reduced benefits & issued food vouchers. They couldn't go buy drinks & cigs over the shelf with them. The DSS can go & make unannounced checks on all claimants to find evidence of booze/drugs/cigs/scr atch cards/betting slips. Bring in new laws so they can search without a warrant any home of a out of work benefit claimant.[/p][/quote]Good idea major, I think they should also publish every week how much benefit is being claimed and what benefit each person is claiming. That way neighbour's could bubble them up if they suspect there claiming for something they are not entitled to. After all its public cash the public deserve to know who's getting what. 2 for 5p
  • Score: 0

8:15pm Sat 29 Dec 12

mys says...

Omg 2for 5p you seriously need some mental health treatment,I bet you've never worked a day in your life you loser,you come on here making pathetic comments about people claiming benefit,some people can't bloody help it for gods sake,you need to take a good look around,not every claiment smokes,drinks and do drugs,some do feed there kids proper food,ask for smart price **** I'd like to see you eat it,try living in the real world eh and stop slagging people off,the only ones benefiting is the government,there taking people's pride away to fill there own back pockets for when they get kicked out at the next election,there all the same,you my sad friend need to shut your big fat mouth,even the working class are being punished by this government,it's not just the unemployed you know,you must be one very sad lonely person to be so angry with others,what is it I wonder ? I bet your 4ft tall and drive a big range rover with a massive chip on your shoulders,mmmm,a ten bob millionaire too
Omg 2for 5p you seriously need some mental health treatment,I bet you've never worked a day in your life you loser,you come on here making pathetic comments about people claiming benefit,some people can't bloody help it for gods sake,you need to take a good look around,not every claiment smokes,drinks and do drugs,some do feed there kids proper food,ask for smart price **** I'd like to see you eat it,try living in the real world eh and stop slagging people off,the only ones benefiting is the government,there taking people's pride away to fill there own back pockets for when they get kicked out at the next election,there all the same,you my sad friend need to shut your big fat mouth,even the working class are being punished by this government,it's not just the unemployed you know,you must be one very sad lonely person to be so angry with others,what is it I wonder ? I bet your 4ft tall and drive a big range rover with a massive chip on your shoulders,mmmm,a ten bob millionaire too mys
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree