Seven arrests at Clarets v Rovers East Lancashire derby

First published in News

Lancashire Police says trouble between Burnley and Rovers fans has been minimal today.

There were seven arrests, most for relatively minor offences.

Superintendent Terry Woods said: “I would like to thank the supporters for being patient, especially around travel arrangements.

“We said from the outset that the overwhelming majority of supporters of both teams are law-abiding citizens who are passionate about supporting their football team. The operation was put in place to make sure that people could enjoy the occasion and get to and from the ground safely.

“The small number of arrests shows that between ourselves and the two football clubs, we have ensured that fans have been able to enjoy the game safely.”

Comments (27)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:52pm Sun 2 Dec 12

mys says...

You always get a small minority that have to spoil a game !!!
You always get a small minority that have to spoil a game !!! mys
  • Score: 0

7:53pm Sun 2 Dec 12

Begbie says...

Why the headline then Telegrag? Goes against the narrative of the story!
Why the headline then Telegrag? Goes against the narrative of the story! Begbie
  • Score: 0

7:56pm Sun 2 Dec 12

golazzo says...

Big deal. How many police officers employed today. Why why why, we're they still police officers in and out of public houses some three hours after the final whistle. No trouble in the pubs, but they still think its necessary. Who's the new commissioner of Lancashire. Pathetic.

Metal hoardings segregating fans, talk about OTT. Looked like Beirut or Gaza. Lancashire Police, you should be a ashamed.
Big deal. How many police officers employed today. Why why why, we're they still police officers in and out of public houses some three hours after the final whistle. No trouble in the pubs, but they still think its necessary. Who's the new commissioner of Lancashire. Pathetic. Metal hoardings segregating fans, talk about OTT. Looked like Beirut or Gaza. Lancashire Police, you should be a ashamed. golazzo
  • Score: 0

8:56pm Sun 2 Dec 12

maggie-T says...

golazzo wrote:
Big deal. How many police officers employed today. Why why why, we're they still police officers in and out of public houses some three hours after the final whistle. No trouble in the pubs, but they still think its necessary. Who's the new commissioner of Lancashire. Pathetic.

Metal hoardings segregating fans, talk about OTT. Looked like Beirut or Gaza. Lancashire Police, you should be a ashamed.
Talk about a waste of public money, Belfast style barriers, helicopters overhead, Someone needs taking to task about such a waste of taxpayers money, ridiculous, !!
[quote][p][bold]golazzo[/bold] wrote: Big deal. How many police officers employed today. Why why why, we're they still police officers in and out of public houses some three hours after the final whistle. No trouble in the pubs, but they still think its necessary. Who's the new commissioner of Lancashire. Pathetic. Metal hoardings segregating fans, talk about OTT. Looked like Beirut or Gaza. Lancashire Police, you should be a ashamed.[/p][/quote]Talk about a waste of public money, Belfast style barriers, helicopters overhead, Someone needs taking to task about such a waste of taxpayers money, ridiculous, !! maggie-T
  • Score: 0

9:03pm Sun 2 Dec 12

buzzinfly says...

golazzo wrote:
Big deal. How many police officers employed today. Why why why, we're they still police officers in and out of public houses some three hours after the final whistle. No trouble in the pubs, but they still think its necessary. Who's the new commissioner of Lancashire. Pathetic.

Metal hoardings segregating fans, talk about OTT. Looked like Beirut or Gaza. Lancashire Police, you should be a ashamed.
'Looked like Beirut or Gaza' a bit harsh on Beirut and Gaza comparing them to Burnley. I'd never thought of them as that bad before.

Police did a good job today. It Passed without trouble, but I suppose you always get someone moaning.
[quote][p][bold]golazzo[/bold] wrote: Big deal. How many police officers employed today. Why why why, we're they still police officers in and out of public houses some three hours after the final whistle. No trouble in the pubs, but they still think its necessary. Who's the new commissioner of Lancashire. Pathetic. Metal hoardings segregating fans, talk about OTT. Looked like Beirut or Gaza. Lancashire Police, you should be a ashamed.[/p][/quote]'Looked like Beirut or Gaza' a bit harsh on Beirut and Gaza comparing them to Burnley. I'd never thought of them as that bad before. Police did a good job today. It Passed without trouble, but I suppose you always get someone moaning. buzzinfly
  • Score: 0

12:34am Mon 3 Dec 12

jellybiff says...

An entire estate denied access to their homes unless on foot .OAP homes denied access; unless on foot because they closed a major bus route ;the plod going into the pubs mob handed and shoving people about hoping that someone would say something to them whilst 2 vans full of them sat round the corner ready and eager for a fight bizarre.
All of the plod shipped in from other forces are upset because they were really up for a fight today.4,000 morons from jibbland paid over the odds to get to the game and be pushed around like cattle total morons ..
An entire estate denied access to their homes unless on foot .OAP homes denied access; unless on foot because they closed a major bus route ;the plod going into the pubs mob handed and shoving people about hoping that someone would say something to them whilst 2 vans full of them sat round the corner ready and eager for a fight bizarre. All of the plod shipped in from other forces are upset because they were really up for a fight today.4,000 morons from jibbland paid over the odds to get to the game and be pushed around like cattle total morons .. jellybiff
  • Score: 0

12:35am Mon 3 Dec 12

jellybiff says...

An entire estate denied access to their homes unless on foot .OAP homes denied access; unless on foot because they closed a major bus route ;the plod going into the pubs mob handed and shoving people about hoping that someone would say something to them whilst 2 vans full of them sat round the corner ready and eager for a fight bizarre.
All of the plod shipped in from other forces are upset because they were really up for a fight today.4,000 morons from jibbland paid over the odds to get to the game and be pushed around like cattle someone made a killing on the coaches hahahahaha .
An entire estate denied access to their homes unless on foot .OAP homes denied access; unless on foot because they closed a major bus route ;the plod going into the pubs mob handed and shoving people about hoping that someone would say something to them whilst 2 vans full of them sat round the corner ready and eager for a fight bizarre. All of the plod shipped in from other forces are upset because they were really up for a fight today.4,000 morons from jibbland paid over the odds to get to the game and be pushed around like cattle someone made a killing on the coaches hahahahaha . jellybiff
  • Score: 0

8:00am Mon 3 Dec 12

hasslem hasslem says...

nice bit of overtime in the build-up to christmas for our wonderful police force.
nice bit of overtime in the build-up to christmas for our wonderful police force. hasslem hasslem
  • Score: 0

8:27am Mon 3 Dec 12

lancs1985 says...

jellybiff wrote:
An entire estate denied access to their homes unless on foot .OAP homes denied access; unless on foot because they closed a major bus route ;the plod going into the pubs mob handed and shoving people about hoping that someone would say something to them whilst 2 vans full of them sat round the corner ready and eager for a fight bizarre.
All of the plod shipped in from other forces are upset because they were really up for a fight today.4,000 morons from jibbland paid over the odds to get to the game and be pushed around like cattle total morons ..
what an absorlute biff you really are!!!

police let old folk out n they were walking straight threw the barrackade with there grandchildren!!!

if it wasnt for stupid dingles this wouldnt have to happen but seen as you morons are so big n clever to brick coaches as there going down the motorway then you have every right to be thrown to floor by police,

you lot are a discrase to lancashire!!!!

wheres your famous suicide???????

ow yeah still in a taxi on way to kirkham, ha ha ha

set of utter biffs, lets throw stones n bottles cause we are big lads, PMSL
[quote][p][bold]jellybiff[/bold] wrote: An entire estate denied access to their homes unless on foot .OAP homes denied access; unless on foot because they closed a major bus route ;the plod going into the pubs mob handed and shoving people about hoping that someone would say something to them whilst 2 vans full of them sat round the corner ready and eager for a fight bizarre. All of the plod shipped in from other forces are upset because they were really up for a fight today.4,000 morons from jibbland paid over the odds to get to the game and be pushed around like cattle total morons ..[/p][/quote]what an absorlute biff you really are!!! police let old folk out n they were walking straight threw the barrackade with there grandchildren!!! if it wasnt for stupid dingles this wouldnt have to happen but seen as you morons are so big n clever to brick coaches as there going down the motorway then you have every right to be thrown to floor by police, you lot are a discrase to lancashire!!!! wheres your famous suicide??????? ow yeah still in a taxi on way to kirkham, ha ha ha set of utter biffs, lets throw stones n bottles cause we are big lads, PMSL lancs1985
  • Score: 0

9:59am Mon 3 Dec 12

bikerjohn_uk says...

lancs1985 wrote:
jellybiff wrote:
An entire estate denied access to their homes unless on foot .OAP homes denied access; unless on foot because they closed a major bus route ;the plod going into the pubs mob handed and shoving people about hoping that someone would say something to them whilst 2 vans full of them sat round the corner ready and eager for a fight bizarre.
All of the plod shipped in from other forces are upset because they were really up for a fight today.4,000 morons from jibbland paid over the odds to get to the game and be pushed around like cattle total morons ..
what an absorlute biff you really are!!!

police let old folk out n they were walking straight threw the barrackade with there grandchildren!!!

if it wasnt for stupid dingles this wouldnt have to happen but seen as you morons are so big n clever to brick coaches as there going down the motorway then you have every right to be thrown to floor by police,

you lot are a discrase to lancashire!!!!

wheres your famous suicide???????

ow yeah still in a taxi on way to kirkham, ha ha ha

set of utter biffs, lets throw stones n bottles cause we are big lads, PMSL
Given the below priamry-school standard of your English, it would seem that you have no have room to call Burnley folk for morons and dingles.

May I suggest a course in remedial literacy?
[quote][p][bold]lancs1985[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jellybiff[/bold] wrote: An entire estate denied access to their homes unless on foot .OAP homes denied access; unless on foot because they closed a major bus route ;the plod going into the pubs mob handed and shoving people about hoping that someone would say something to them whilst 2 vans full of them sat round the corner ready and eager for a fight bizarre. All of the plod shipped in from other forces are upset because they were really up for a fight today.4,000 morons from jibbland paid over the odds to get to the game and be pushed around like cattle total morons ..[/p][/quote]what an absorlute biff you really are!!! police let old folk out n they were walking straight threw the barrackade with there grandchildren!!! if it wasnt for stupid dingles this wouldnt have to happen but seen as you morons are so big n clever to brick coaches as there going down the motorway then you have every right to be thrown to floor by police, you lot are a discrase to lancashire!!!! wheres your famous suicide??????? ow yeah still in a taxi on way to kirkham, ha ha ha set of utter biffs, lets throw stones n bottles cause we are big lads, PMSL[/p][/quote]Given the below priamry-school standard of your English, it would seem that you have no have room to call Burnley folk for morons and dingles. May I suggest a course in remedial literacy? bikerjohn_uk
  • Score: 0

10:10am Mon 3 Dec 12

George White Bread says...

golazzo wrote:
Big deal. How many police officers employed today. Why why why, we're they still police officers in and out of public houses some three hours after the final whistle. No trouble in the pubs, but they still think its necessary. Who's the new commissioner of Lancashire. Pathetic.

Metal hoardings segregating fans, talk about OTT. Looked like Beirut or Gaza. Lancashire Police, you should be a ashamed.
What a tool ! Over the top was it? Well Gonzo you do the Math, 7 arrests this time as opposed to 40 odd at the last home game between these two. It would appear that such measures were both needed and very successful. Well done Lancashire Police.
[quote][p][bold]golazzo[/bold] wrote: Big deal. How many police officers employed today. Why why why, we're they still police officers in and out of public houses some three hours after the final whistle. No trouble in the pubs, but they still think its necessary. Who's the new commissioner of Lancashire. Pathetic. Metal hoardings segregating fans, talk about OTT. Looked like Beirut or Gaza. Lancashire Police, you should be a ashamed.[/p][/quote]What a tool ! Over the top was it? Well Gonzo you do the Math, 7 arrests this time as opposed to 40 odd at the last home game between these two. It would appear that such measures were both needed and very successful. Well done Lancashire Police. George White Bread
  • Score: 0

10:11am Mon 3 Dec 12

Bfc1983 says...

lancs1985 wrote:
jellybiff wrote: An entire estate denied access to their homes unless on foot .OAP homes denied access; unless on foot because they closed a major bus route ;the plod going into the pubs mob handed and shoving people about hoping that someone would say something to them whilst 2 vans full of them sat round the corner ready and eager for a fight bizarre. All of the plod shipped in from other forces are upset because they were really up for a fight today.4,000 morons from jibbland paid over the odds to get to the game and be pushed around like cattle total morons ..
what an absorlute biff you really are!!! police let old folk out n they were walking straight threw the barrackade with there grandchildren!!! if it wasnt for stupid dingles this wouldnt have to happen but seen as you morons are so big n clever to brick coaches as there going down the motorway then you have every right to be thrown to floor by police, you lot are a discrase to lancashire!!!! wheres your famous suicide??????? ow yeah still in a taxi on way to kirkham, ha ha ha set of utter biffs, lets throw stones n bottles cause we are big lads, PMSL
"discrase"

Why can Blackburn fans not spell?

Few long faces in Shadsworth today after they failed to get over the final hurdle.
[quote][p][bold]lancs1985[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jellybiff[/bold] wrote: An entire estate denied access to their homes unless on foot .OAP homes denied access; unless on foot because they closed a major bus route ;the plod going into the pubs mob handed and shoving people about hoping that someone would say something to them whilst 2 vans full of them sat round the corner ready and eager for a fight bizarre. All of the plod shipped in from other forces are upset because they were really up for a fight today.4,000 morons from jibbland paid over the odds to get to the game and be pushed around like cattle total morons ..[/p][/quote]what an absorlute biff you really are!!! police let old folk out n they were walking straight threw the barrackade with there grandchildren!!! if it wasnt for stupid dingles this wouldnt have to happen but seen as you morons are so big n clever to brick coaches as there going down the motorway then you have every right to be thrown to floor by police, you lot are a discrase to lancashire!!!! wheres your famous suicide??????? ow yeah still in a taxi on way to kirkham, ha ha ha set of utter biffs, lets throw stones n bottles cause we are big lads, PMSL[/p][/quote]"discrase" Why can Blackburn fans not spell? Few long faces in Shadsworth today after they failed to get over the final hurdle. Bfc1983
  • Score: 0

10:13am Mon 3 Dec 12

George White Bread says...

hasslem hasslem wrote:
nice bit of overtime in the build-up to christmas for our wonderful police force.
I think you'll find that the vast majority of them had their day off cancelled without and financial recompense. It happens quite a lot when Burnley play category C games at home.
[quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: nice bit of overtime in the build-up to christmas for our wonderful police force.[/p][/quote]I think you'll find that the vast majority of them had their day off cancelled without and financial recompense. It happens quite a lot when Burnley play category C games at home. George White Bread
  • Score: 0

10:19am Mon 3 Dec 12

George White Bread says...

George White Bread wrote:
hasslem hasslem wrote:
nice bit of overtime in the build-up to christmas for our wonderful police force.
I think you'll find that the vast majority of them had their day off cancelled without and financial recompense. It happens quite a lot when Burnley play category C games at home.
And even if they did get paid overtime so what? Surely you must realise given previous incidents of disorder during this fixture that Policing in such numbers is absolutely necessary. Unless you'd rather have G4S or Rock Steady security doing it?
[quote][p][bold]George White Bread[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: nice bit of overtime in the build-up to christmas for our wonderful police force.[/p][/quote]I think you'll find that the vast majority of them had their day off cancelled without and financial recompense. It happens quite a lot when Burnley play category C games at home.[/p][/quote]And even if they did get paid overtime so what? Surely you must realise given previous incidents of disorder during this fixture that Policing in such numbers is absolutely necessary. Unless you'd rather have G4S or Rock Steady security doing it? George White Bread
  • Score: 0

10:27am Mon 3 Dec 12

superfly agaric says...

bikerjohn_uk wrote:
lancs1985 wrote:
jellybiff wrote:
An entire estate denied access to their homes unless on foot .OAP homes denied access; unless on foot because they closed a major bus route ;the plod going into the pubs mob handed and shoving people about hoping that someone would say something to them whilst 2 vans full of them sat round the corner ready and eager for a fight bizarre.
All of the plod shipped in from other forces are upset because they were really up for a fight today.4,000 morons from jibbland paid over the odds to get to the game and be pushed around like cattle total morons ..
what an absorlute biff you really are!!!

police let old folk out n they were walking straight threw the barrackade with there grandchildren!!!

if it wasnt for stupid dingles this wouldnt have to happen but seen as you morons are so big n clever to brick coaches as there going down the motorway then you have every right to be thrown to floor by police,

you lot are a discrase to lancashire!!!!

wheres your famous suicide???????

ow yeah still in a taxi on way to kirkham, ha ha ha

set of utter biffs, lets throw stones n bottles cause we are big lads, PMSL
Given the below priamry-school standard of your English, it would seem that you have no have room to call Burnley folk for morons and dingles.

May I suggest a course in remedial literacy?
The curse of the internet pedant strikes again!
[quote][p][bold]bikerjohn_uk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lancs1985[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jellybiff[/bold] wrote: An entire estate denied access to their homes unless on foot .OAP homes denied access; unless on foot because they closed a major bus route ;the plod going into the pubs mob handed and shoving people about hoping that someone would say something to them whilst 2 vans full of them sat round the corner ready and eager for a fight bizarre. All of the plod shipped in from other forces are upset because they were really up for a fight today.4,000 morons from jibbland paid over the odds to get to the game and be pushed around like cattle total morons ..[/p][/quote]what an absorlute biff you really are!!! police let old folk out n they were walking straight threw the barrackade with there grandchildren!!! if it wasnt for stupid dingles this wouldnt have to happen but seen as you morons are so big n clever to brick coaches as there going down the motorway then you have every right to be thrown to floor by police, you lot are a discrase to lancashire!!!! wheres your famous suicide??????? ow yeah still in a taxi on way to kirkham, ha ha ha set of utter biffs, lets throw stones n bottles cause we are big lads, PMSL[/p][/quote]Given the below priamry-school standard of your English, it would seem that you have no have room to call Burnley folk for morons and dingles. May I suggest a course in remedial literacy?[/p][/quote]The curse of the internet pedant strikes again! superfly agaric
  • Score: 0

10:45am Mon 3 Dec 12

LancsLass says...

Big hard Burnley fans pathetic why stone coaches from motorway bridges there was children on them coaches and elderly people it is sick what if people were seriously injured or if the driver swerved and wiped out a entire car full of a family may even have been a family from your own twon but did you care no its pathetic and makes me sick!!!!
People who do things like this are not real fans you are sick animals you need locking up!!!
Disgrace to your town
Big hard Burnley fans pathetic why stone coaches from motorway bridges there was children on them coaches and elderly people it is sick what if people were seriously injured or if the driver swerved and wiped out a entire car full of a family may even have been a family from your own twon but did you care no its pathetic and makes me sick!!!! People who do things like this are not real fans you are sick animals you need locking up!!! Disgrace to your town LancsLass
  • Score: 0

10:58am Mon 3 Dec 12

Bfc1983 says...

George White Bread wrote:
George White Bread wrote:
hasslem hasslem wrote:
nice bit of overtime in the build-up to christmas for our wonderful police force.
I think you'll find that the vast majority of them had their day off cancelled without and financial recompense. It happens quite a lot when Burnley play category C games at home.
And even if they did get paid overtime so what? Surely you must realise given previous incidents of disorder during this fixture that Policing in such numbers is absolutely necessary. Unless you'd rather have G4S or Rock Steady security doing it?
It's not though is it.
[quote][p][bold]George White Bread[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]George White Bread[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: nice bit of overtime in the build-up to christmas for our wonderful police force.[/p][/quote]I think you'll find that the vast majority of them had their day off cancelled without and financial recompense. It happens quite a lot when Burnley play category C games at home.[/p][/quote]And even if they did get paid overtime so what? Surely you must realise given previous incidents of disorder during this fixture that Policing in such numbers is absolutely necessary. Unless you'd rather have G4S or Rock Steady security doing it?[/p][/quote]It's not though is it. Bfc1983
  • Score: 0

12:00pm Mon 3 Dec 12

midas says...

LancsLass wrote:
Big hard Burnley fans pathetic why stone coaches from motorway bridges there was children on them coaches and elderly people it is sick what if people were seriously injured or if the driver swerved and wiped out a entire car full of a family may even have been a family from your own twon but did you care no its pathetic and makes me sick!!!! People who do things like this are not real fans you are sick animals you need locking up!!! Disgrace to your town
It seems that your post has failed the Socrocratic test for malicious gossip.
.
Where you on the coach?
What steps have you taken to confirm this allegation is true?
Why would you want to spread a malicious rumour?
[quote][p][bold]LancsLass[/bold] wrote: Big hard Burnley fans pathetic why stone coaches from motorway bridges there was children on them coaches and elderly people it is sick what if people were seriously injured or if the driver swerved and wiped out a entire car full of a family may even have been a family from your own twon but did you care no its pathetic and makes me sick!!!! People who do things like this are not real fans you are sick animals you need locking up!!! Disgrace to your town[/p][/quote]It seems that your post has failed the Socrocratic test for malicious gossip. . Where you on the coach? What steps have you taken to confirm this allegation is true? Why would you want to spread a malicious rumour? midas
  • Score: 0

1:49pm Mon 3 Dec 12

Bfc1983 says...

Odd that the police have confirmed that no coaches had anything throw at them.
Not like Rovers fans to make stuff up.

Giddy Up
Odd that the police have confirmed that no coaches had anything throw at them. Not like Rovers fans to make stuff up. Giddy Up Bfc1983
  • Score: 0

3:12pm Mon 3 Dec 12

caballo says...

LancsLass,

That simply didn't happen!
LancsLass, That simply didn't happen! caballo
  • Score: 0

4:32pm Mon 3 Dec 12

George White Bread says...

Bfc1983 wrote:
George White Bread wrote:
George White Bread wrote:
hasslem hasslem wrote:
nice bit of overtime in the build-up to christmas for our wonderful police force.
I think you'll find that the vast majority of them had their day off cancelled without and financial recompense. It happens quite a lot when Burnley play category C games at home.
And even if they did get paid overtime so what? Surely you must realise given previous incidents of disorder during this fixture that Policing in such numbers is absolutely necessary. Unless you'd rather have G4S or Rock Steady security doing it?
It's not though is it.
What's your point?
[quote][p][bold]Bfc1983[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]George White Bread[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]George White Bread[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: nice bit of overtime in the build-up to christmas for our wonderful police force.[/p][/quote]I think you'll find that the vast majority of them had their day off cancelled without and financial recompense. It happens quite a lot when Burnley play category C games at home.[/p][/quote]And even if they did get paid overtime so what? Surely you must realise given previous incidents of disorder during this fixture that Policing in such numbers is absolutely necessary. Unless you'd rather have G4S or Rock Steady security doing it?[/p][/quote]It's not though is it.[/p][/quote]What's your point? George White Bread
  • Score: 0

11:43pm Mon 3 Dec 12

jellybiff says...

I think you'll find that the vast majority of them had their day off cancelled without and financial recompense. It happens quite a lot when Burnley play category C games at home.
You must be a brown nose because most were brought in from other areas and they were up for a fight .All you had to witness was the 2/3 that walked into the pubs shoving people out of the way 3 hours after the game and then staring at them hoping they would say something because there was a van full outside in gear ready to rush in .When people didn't rise to the bait they were **** off.hahahahahha
I think you'll find that the vast majority of them had their day off cancelled without and financial recompense. It happens quite a lot when Burnley play category C games at home. You must be a brown nose because most were brought in from other areas and they were up for a fight .All you had to witness was the 2/3 that walked into the pubs shoving people out of the way 3 hours after the game and then staring at them hoping they would say something because there was a van full outside in gear ready to rush in .When people didn't rise to the bait they were **** off.hahahahahha jellybiff
  • Score: 0

12:50am Tue 4 Dec 12

jellybiff says...

I think you'll find that the vast majority of them had their day off cancelled without and financial recompense. It happens quite a lot when Burnley play category C games at home.
You must be a brown nose because most were brought in from other areas and they were up for a fight .All you had to witness was the 2/3 that walked into the pubs shoving people out of the way 3 hours after the game and then staring at them hoping they would say something because there was a van full outside in gear ready to rush in .When people didn't rise to the bait they were **** off.hahahahahha
I think you'll find that the vast majority of them had their day off cancelled without and financial recompense. It happens quite a lot when Burnley play category C games at home. You must be a brown nose because most were brought in from other areas and they were up for a fight .All you had to witness was the 2/3 that walked into the pubs shoving people out of the way 3 hours after the game and then staring at them hoping they would say something because there was a van full outside in gear ready to rush in .When people didn't rise to the bait they were **** off.hahahahahha jellybiff
  • Score: 0

10:20am Tue 4 Dec 12

MARCO says...

The Police are dammed if they and dammed if they do not. They obviously have done their homework on intelligence and deemed their response as necessary. I presonally would like to thank the lads and lassess of Lancs' Police. Well done!
The Police are dammed if they and dammed if they do not. They obviously have done their homework on intelligence and deemed their response as necessary. I presonally would like to thank the lads and lassess of Lancs' Police. Well done! MARCO
  • Score: 0

10:22am Tue 4 Dec 12

MARCO says...

Sorry ' if they do' it should have been.
Sorry ' if they do' it should have been. MARCO
  • Score: 0

10:28am Wed 5 Dec 12

KamikazeTurkey says...

The Police are payed by the club to Police a football match. So to all of you do-gooders complaining about the "tax-payers" money, think before you type.

Also, when Burnley and Blackburn play each other, the fans turn into complete animals so I think that "Belfast-style" barriers are necessary.
The Police are payed by the club to Police a football match. So to all of you do-gooders complaining about the "tax-payers" money, think before you type. Also, when Burnley and Blackburn play each other, the fans turn into complete animals so I think that "Belfast-style" barriers are necessary. KamikazeTurkey
  • Score: 0

12:11am Thu 6 Dec 12

jellybiff says...

Also, when Burnley and Blackburn play each other, the fans turn into complete animals so I think that "Belfast-style" barriers are necessary.Morons like you would.
Also, when Burnley and Blackburn play each other, the fans turn into complete animals so I think that "Belfast-style" barriers are necessary.Morons like you would. jellybiff
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree