Pan fire in Burnley kitchen

First published in News

A PAN left unattended at a Burnley house caught fire causing smoke damage to the kitchen.

Fire crews were called to the Marles Court home in Burnley at around 4.30pm yesterday (Friday).

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to tackle the blaze. They were at the scene for around 30 minutes.

Crews were called to the house after reports of smoke, and possible people trapped. The occupier, believed to be an elderly man, was already out of the property when help arrived.

Burnley crew manager Andy Coulton said: “People need to be careful whilst cooking. Pans should not be left unattended to reduce the risk of fires starting.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree