Lancashire TelegraphBlackburn Rovers striker Rudy Gestede nominated for Championship player of the month (From Lancashire Telegraph)

When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Blackburn Rovers striker Rudy Gestede nominated for Championship player of month

Lancashire Telegraph: Rudy Gestede celebrates scoring for Rovers Rudy Gestede celebrates scoring for Rovers

BLACKBURN Rovers’ red-hot striker Rudy Gestede has been nominated for the Championship player of the month award for April.

But Rovers boss Gary Bowyer is not in the running for the manager of the month prize – despite boasting a better points return than the four bosses nominated.

Gestede scored six goals in six starts in April. He netted a hat-trick of headers in the 4-2 win at Birmingham City and also was on target in the victories over Ipswich Town, QPR and Charlton Athletic.

Gestede’s fellow nominees are Burnley’s promotion-winning captain and centre-back Jason Shackell, Bolton Wanderers’ goalkeeper Adam Bogdan and Millwall midfielder Nicky Bailey.

The nominees for the manager of the month award are Leicester City’s Nigel Pearson, Burnley’s Sean Dyche, Brighton & Hove Albion’s Oscar Garcia and Millwall’s Ian Holloway.

Pearson led Leicester to promotion and then the title in April, picking up 14 points from a possible 21, while Dyche's Burnley secured the second automatic promotion spot with a haul of 13 points from six games.

MORE TOP STORIES:

Garcia’s Brighton and Holloway’s Millwall both went unbeaten in the month, taking 13 and 12 points from seven and six matches respectively.

But Bowyer’s Rovers also went unbeaten in April but they took 15 points from a possible 21, winning four and drawing three of their seven games, and scoring 17 goals.

Young Rovers midfielder Josh Morris, on loan at Fleetwood Town, has been nominated for the League Two player of the month award. The winners will be announced tomorrow morning.

Comments (12)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:02am Thu 1 May 14

Harwoodstblue says...

Free Brochure Now

www.premierbathrooms
.co.uk/Showers


Birth & Death Records

Birth & death vital records. Search billions of records. Quick and easy



. .
" But Bowyer’s Rovers also went unbeaten in April but they took 15 points from a possible 21, winning four and drawing three of their seven games, and scoring 17 goals."

An excellent return in April and that's promotion form in anyone's book. Just a pity it took us so long to 'get going' this season but only to be expected from a team with so many new additions who took some time to get to know each other.
It all came together a bit too late but if we can keep the squad together and add to it, things should be looking even better next season.
Free Brochure Now www.premierbathrooms .co.uk/Showers Birth & Death Records Birth & death vital records. Search billions of records. Quick and easy . . " But Bowyer’s Rovers also went unbeaten in April but they took 15 points from a possible 21, winning four and drawing three of their seven games, and scoring 17 goals." An excellent return in April and that's promotion form in anyone's book. Just a pity it took us so long to 'get going' this season but only to be expected from a team with so many new additions who took some time to get to know each other. It all came together a bit too late but if we can keep the squad together and add to it, things should be looking even better next season. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 4

11:04am Thu 1 May 14

Harwoodstblue says...

don't know where all that stuff at the top came from ???????
don't know where all that stuff at the top came from ??????? Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 6

11:17am Thu 1 May 14

Dublin rover says...

Need a new bathroom but im in dublin lol.
Need a new bathroom but im in dublin lol. Dublin rover
  • Score: 2

11:59am Thu 1 May 14

Harwoodstblue says...

Dublin rover wrote:
Need a new bathroom but im in dublin lol.
Hi DR. I copied and pasted the bit about the April points tally. Must have accidentally copied the other stuff as well !!!!!!!!!!
Hope you're enjoying it in Dublin.
[quote][p][bold]Dublin rover[/bold] wrote: Need a new bathroom but im in dublin lol.[/p][/quote]Hi DR. I copied and pasted the bit about the April points tally. Must have accidentally copied the other stuff as well !!!!!!!!!! Hope you're enjoying it in Dublin. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 4

12:50pm Thu 1 May 14

George Oghani's Ironing Board says...

Do you live near the city centre? We are over in May and looking for a decent sports bar, i know there is one in or near Temple Bar just of a main road but i cant remember the name of it now?
Do you live near the city centre? We are over in May and looking for a decent sports bar, i know there is one in or near Temple Bar just of a main road but i cant remember the name of it now? George Oghani's Ironing Board
  • Score: 0

1:24pm Thu 1 May 14

noddy57 says...

Richly deserved,,just hope its not the kiss of death ! these awards have a habit of biting you on the back side,
Richly deserved,,just hope its not the kiss of death ! these awards have a habit of biting you on the back side, noddy57
  • Score: 2

4:04pm Thu 1 May 14

Dublin rover says...

George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Do you live near the city centre? We are over in May and looking for a decent sports bar, i know there is one in or near Temple Bar just of a main road but i cant remember the name of it now?
It was called Buskers now its the all sports bar. very pricey templebar. The beers not good in a lot of places and you pay top dollar. The woolshed is a good one good food offers on beer but of an oz buzz in the place. Sinnotts on south king street and peadar kearneys dame street all with in walking distance
Good beer good food lots of tvs. Hope this helps
[quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: Do you live near the city centre? We are over in May and looking for a decent sports bar, i know there is one in or near Temple Bar just of a main road but i cant remember the name of it now?[/p][/quote]It was called Buskers now its the all sports bar. very pricey templebar. The beers not good in a lot of places and you pay top dollar. The woolshed is a good one good food offers on beer but of an oz buzz in the place. Sinnotts on south king street and peadar kearneys dame street all with in walking distance Good beer good food lots of tvs. Hope this helps Dublin rover
  • Score: 2

6:49pm Thu 1 May 14

Alexrover says...

I think this nomination is fully deserved, and if he doesn't get this reward then the selectors do not no what they are doing.
I think this nomination is fully deserved, and if he doesn't get this reward then the selectors do not no what they are doing. Alexrover
  • Score: 2

7:20pm Thu 1 May 14

George Oghani's Ironing Board says...

Dublin rover wrote:
George Oghani's Ironing Board wrote:
Do you live near the city centre? We are over in May and looking for a decent sports bar, i know there is one in or near Temple Bar just of a main road but i cant remember the name of it now?
It was called Buskers now its the all sports bar. very pricey templebar. The beers not good in a lot of places and you pay top dollar. The woolshed is a good one good food offers on beer but of an oz buzz in the place. Sinnotts on south king street and peadar kearneys dame street all with in walking distance
Good beer good food lots of tvs. Hope this helps
Cheers Blue and to be honest it's for the Froch v Groves fight really but we will have a scout about in the ones you have suggested, good thing is there shouldn't be an Dingles around eh? Ha ha ha RTID
[quote][p][bold]Dublin rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]George Oghani's Ironing Board[/bold] wrote: Do you live near the city centre? We are over in May and looking for a decent sports bar, i know there is one in or near Temple Bar just of a main road but i cant remember the name of it now?[/p][/quote]It was called Buskers now its the all sports bar. very pricey templebar. The beers not good in a lot of places and you pay top dollar. The woolshed is a good one good food offers on beer but of an oz buzz in the place. Sinnotts on south king street and peadar kearneys dame street all with in walking distance Good beer good food lots of tvs. Hope this helps[/p][/quote]Cheers Blue and to be honest it's for the Froch v Groves fight really but we will have a scout about in the ones you have suggested, good thing is there shouldn't be an Dingles around eh? Ha ha ha RTID George Oghani's Ironing Board
  • Score: 3

10:23pm Thu 1 May 14

Steven Seagull says...

Harwoodstblue wrote:
Dublin rover wrote:
Need a new bathroom but im in dublin lol.
Hi DR. I copied and pasted the bit about the April points tally. Must have accidentally copied the other stuff as well !!!!!!!!!!
Hope you're enjoying it in Dublin.
It's a good job you hadn't just been looking at your usual cross dressing websites.
[quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dublin rover[/bold] wrote: Need a new bathroom but im in dublin lol.[/p][/quote]Hi DR. I copied and pasted the bit about the April points tally. Must have accidentally copied the other stuff as well !!!!!!!!!! Hope you're enjoying it in Dublin.[/p][/quote]It's a good job you hadn't just been looking at your usual cross dressing websites. Steven Seagull
  • Score: -3

6:14am Fri 2 May 14

George Oghani's Ironing Board says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
Harwoodstblue wrote:
Dublin rover wrote:
Need a new bathroom but im in dublin lol.
Hi DR. I copied and pasted the bit about the April points tally. Must have accidentally copied the other stuff as well !!!!!!!!!!
Hope you're enjoying it in Dublin.
It's a good job you hadn't just been looking at your usual cross dressing websites.
Yes he may have found your profile if he had eh?
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dublin rover[/bold] wrote: Need a new bathroom but im in dublin lol.[/p][/quote]Hi DR. I copied and pasted the bit about the April points tally. Must have accidentally copied the other stuff as well !!!!!!!!!! Hope you're enjoying it in Dublin.[/p][/quote]It's a good job you hadn't just been looking at your usual cross dressing websites.[/p][/quote]Yes he may have found your profile if he had eh? George Oghani's Ironing Board
  • Score: 3

8:38am Fri 2 May 14

Harwoodstblue says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
Harwoodstblue wrote:
Dublin rover wrote:
Need a new bathroom but im in dublin lol.
Hi DR. I copied and pasted the bit about the April points tally. Must have accidentally copied the other stuff as well !!!!!!!!!!
Hope you're enjoying it in Dublin.
It's a good job you hadn't just been looking at your usual cross dressing websites.
Ha Ha...true...........
..
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dublin rover[/bold] wrote: Need a new bathroom but im in dublin lol.[/p][/quote]Hi DR. I copied and pasted the bit about the April points tally. Must have accidentally copied the other stuff as well !!!!!!!!!! Hope you're enjoying it in Dublin.[/p][/quote]It's a good job you hadn't just been looking at your usual cross dressing websites.[/p][/quote]Ha Ha...true........... .. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree