When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Haslingden fire prompts warning
7:35pm Sunday 13th April 2014 in News
A FIRE caused by smoking materials has left one householder suffering from burns and another treated by paramedics for inhaling fumes.
Firefighters are urging smokers to take more care after being alerted to the living room blaze at the Edenhurst apartments, off Manchester Road, Haslingden, at around 12.40pm on Sunday.
Rawtenstall firefighters wearing breathing apparatus led two people from the ground-floor flat and used fans to disperse the smoke.
The pair were treated at the scene by paramedics, with one suffering burns and the other from the effects of smoke inhalation.
Crew manager Stephen Morley, of Rawtenstall fire station, said that an armchair in the living room had caught fire because of smoking materials.
He urged householders to take extra care when disposing of cigarettes and ensure they had a working smoke alarm, in the event of an emergency.
Comments are closed on this article.