COLNE had to settle for a point at home to Trafford in the Evo-Stik League North.

The Reds took the lead in an action-packed game on Saturday thanks to new signing Shiraz Khan, who joined on loan from FC Halifax Town.

That looked like giving Colne a much needed win but Trafford’s late pressure brought them an equaliser through Louis Corrigan on 74 points and in the end the Reds were happy to settle for a 1-1 draw.

Colne made a lively start with Khan, Lee Gaskell and Michael Morrison going close while home keeper Matthew Green denied Michael Monaghan and Andy Keogh.

The Reds made the breakthrough on the hour when Alex Curran cut in from the right and found Khan who finished with a low shot on the turn.

Five minutes later, the Reds almost doubled their lead when Grant Shenton made a great save to push away Curran’s goalbound shot and Fleming could only knock the loose ball over the bar .

Trafford came back strongly levelled when Green's punch under pressure fell to Louis Corrigan who drove an unstoppable shot through a crowded area into the far corner.

With five minutes left, Trafford almost snatched a winner when Aaron Burns' header struck the inside of the post as it ended honours even.

Elsewhere, Ramsbottom lost their 100 per cent home record as they were beaten 1-0 by high-flying Bamber Bridge.

Danny Taberner made a number of first half saves for the Rams whose best effort was a Ben Richardson shot which was comfortable for Lloyd Rigby in the Brig goal.

Chances were at a premium in the second half although Jerome Wright's free kick for Rammy clipped the top of the bar before Richardson had the ball in the net only to be denied by an offside flag.

But against the run of play the visitors found the opener when James Boyd turned home Alistair Waddaecar's cross 10 points from time to hand Bamber Bridge the points.

Kurt Willoughby earned Clitheroe a point as his last minute goal secured a 1-1 home draw with Mossley who had gone in front on 73 minutes through Mason Duffy.

In the Hallmark Security League Premier Division, Kieron Pickup stuck three minutes from time to hand improving Padiham a 3-2 away win at Barnton. Dominic Craig and Marc Young were also on target for the Storks with all the goals coming in the second half.

Barnoldswick Town were involved in an eight goal thriller at City of Liverpool which ended 4-4.

Aaron Hollindrake scored twice for Danny Craig's men while Andrew Hill and Mark Threllfall were also on target.

Chappy Massamba was AFC Darwen's hero as he struck four times to help them edge a nine goal thriller at West Didsbury & Chorlton. Ryan McKenna was also on target for the visitors.

In the first division, Nelson drew 2-2 at home to Eccleshall with Anthony McGloughlin and David Patrick in the goals. Bacup Borough's home game with Cheadle Town was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.