BLACKBURN Rovers slipped  back in to the bottom three despite extending their unbeaten run under Tony Mowbray to five games after a 2-2 draw against 10-man Norwich City.

Lucas Joao scored a brace after coming off the bench and his second half double had looked like giving Rovers all three points at Carrow Road.

However, Cameron Jerome, who gave his side the lead in the 19th minute, struck in the final 10 minutes as the game ended all square.

That was despite the Canaries having to play more than 70 minutes with 10 men after Mitchell Dijks was shown a straight red card for an over the ball challenge on Marvin Emnes.

Results elsewhere saw Rovers drop back in to the bottom three on goal difference, with 10 games of the season remaining.

After three games unchanged, Tony Mowbray made three changes to his Rovers side as Tommie Hoban, Elliott Bennett and Danny Graham returned in place of Charlie Mulgrew, Sam Gallagher and Craig Conway.  Mulgrew and Gallagher were both suffering from tight hamstrings, while Conway didn’t travel following the birth of his daughter yesterday.

A quiet start to the game saw both sides enjoy plenty of early possession, though Liam Feeney did have a chance with a 10th minute header, which he couldn’t keep down after meeting an Elliott Bennett cross.

A couple of shots deflected wide was all Norwich had to show for their possession, but they were to take the lead in the 19th minute with their first shot on target.

Josh Murphy got to the byline and his cross was too hot for Jason Steele to handle, with Cameron Jerome reacting quickest to turn the ball over the line from three yards out.

Within two minutes however, Norwich were down to 10 men as Mitchell Dijks was shown a deserved red card by referee Simon Hooper who was well placed to spot his shocking tackle on Marvin Emnes.

Rovers sensed their chance to attack and went close with an Elliott Bennett drive in the 29th minute which flashed past the far post.

They would have a better chance a minute later, but after being found by Emnes, Danny Graham could only curl an effort wide of the post with goalkeeper Michael McGovern beaten.

The pressure kept coming from Rovers, who would go close just before the break, only for Liam Feeney’s effort on the turn to flash over the top with McGovern scrambling across his goal.

Connor Mahoney was sent on at half-time by Mowbray, but it was Norwich who threatened first as Jerome flicked a Wes Hoolahan cross goalwards, though Steele got down to gather well.

Rovers had the chance to threaten from a free-kick, won by Mahoney on the edge of the box, but Bennett fired over the top with a powerful effort that never looked like coming down.

A well worked move almost brought them an equaliser as Graham and Emnes linked up well, only for the latter to be crowded out as he looked to get a shot away inside the six yard box.

Mowbray had made all his changes by the hour mark, as Hope Akpan and Lucas Joao were sent on, though Norwich went close to a second when Ivo Pinto’s bursting run from right-back saw his powerful effort come back off the post.

The hosts were proving difficult to break down, keeping plenty of players behind the ball as Rovers pressed for an equaliser.

Rovers were getting in to some good crossing positions, but Norwich were defending them well, though Lucas Joao did win an aerial battle at the far post, but couldn’t keep his header from Bennett’s cross down.

Joao would then come within inches of an equaliser, only to see his effort come back off the post after meeting a Derrick Williams cross on the half volley, with Emnes firing over when the rebound fell to him.

But he was to get his first for the club since his loan move from Sheffield Wednesday as he levelled things up with 16 minutes to go.  Williams’ cross was just out of his reach initially, but he was on hand to turn in from close range as Mahoney fired it across the six yard box.

Pinto was proving an outlet for Norwich down the right, and after more good work he teed up Jerome whose shot was well blocked.

But with 12 minutes to play Rovers took the lead for the first time in the game.  Danny Graham peeled off down the right and his perfect cross was met by Joao at the far post who nodded past McGovern.

The scoring wasn’t done there however, as Jerome grabbed his second of the game to level things up.  His effort, via a deflection, found the corner after good work down the right by Jacob Murphy.

Rovers pressed hard for a winner late on, but Joao couldn’t keep two headed efforts on target as Rovers had to settle for a point.