BURNLEY moved eight points clear of the relegation zone after coming from behind to win 3-1 at Bournemouth's Vitality Stadium.

An Ashley Barnes own goal got the Clarets off the worst possible start, but Chris Wood and Ashley Westwood ensured Burnley went in to the break in the lead before Barnes scored at the right end to cement their lead.

Sean Dyche's men were put under pressure right from the off as Barnes headed in to his own net following a Ryan Fraser free-kick in to the danger zone.

Nathan Ake was threatening to head in himself after some weak defending by the Clarets from the set-piece.

The Cherries looked dangerous every time they ventured forward, this time through Josh King - he slipped it across to David Brooks, who's first time strike was straight at Tom Heaton.

What a start we had to the match here as inside 20 minutes, Burnley drew level through Wood.

The New Zealand international peeled off on to the back post to head in Westwood's corner from point blank range.

Three minutes and the Clarets found themselves in front. It was great play from Dwight McNeil down the left - his cross was poorly cleared by Chris Mepham.

It rolled in to the path of the onrushing Westwood, who side footed hard beyond Asmir Begovic.

The match carried on in an end-to-end fashion as England international, Callum Wilson, had the chance to equalise. His header was a poor one and failed to make Heaton work.

Burnley defended strongly throughout the first half, with James Tarkowski making a vital interception on Wilson in the box to prevent the striker getting his shot off.

The Clarets came out for the second half as they finished the first; confidently and 10 minutes in to the second half, Burnley doubled their lead.

Charlie Taylor ran down the left with the ball - Bournemouth thought the ball had gone out - and his cross was spilled by Begovic.

Wood picked up the loose ball and played it across the box to his strike partner, who smashed the ball home for 3-1.

That third goal really dampened the atmosphere around the Vitality Stadium and Burnley looked confident and controlled the play to see out the win.

Burnley: Heaton; Lowton, Mee, Tarkowski, Taylor; McNeil, Cork, Westwood, Hendrick (82' Hendrick); Barnes, Wood

Unused subs: Hart, Ward, Gibson, Vydra, Brady, Long

Bournemouth: Begovic, Gosling (59' Solanke), Ake, Lerma (70' Stanislas), Wilson, Smith, King, Brooks, Clyne (45' Rico), Fraser, Mepham

Unused subs: Boruc, Mousset, Ibe, Simpson