ACCRINGTON Stanley face Premier League giants Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup fourth round tonight aiming to continue their wonderful run in the competition.

The Reds’ youngsters have seen off Tranmere Rovers, Notts County and Leeds United – the latter in extra time – to reach this stage and travel to St Helens Rugby Club to take on the Merseysiders tonight (7pm).

Liverpool will start as overwhelming favourites but Stanley’s Head of Academy Paul Lodge wants his starlets to enjoy the occasion.

He said: “We are really excited and I am proud of the lads for getting so far. It will be a tough game but they have all been tough so far and we have done well.

“I just want the lads to go out and enjoy it, make the most of it and not leave anything behind.”

Lodge is a proud Evertonian so will be looking to get one over Liverpool while for Stanley defender Matty Williams it will be chance to take on his boyhood club.

The 18-year-old was sent off in the win over Notts County earlier in the competition but made a crucial goalline clearance to help his side defeat Leeds United in the last round.

And Williams, who joined Stanley from Wigan two years ago, is hoping to spring a surprise.

“It’s a great achievement getting into the fourth round and we know what we can do if we dig in,” he said.

“I live in Maghull and am a Liverpool fan so it’s a dream for me to be playing Liverpool. It would have been better playing at Anfield but we are all still buzzing.

“They have players who have played for England but we know we just have to neutralise their threat early on.

“We have good players in Lewis Gilboy, Alex O’Neil, winger Charlie Ridge and Harry Perritt has scored a couple goals.

“We have players who can turn a game and we are all excited about the game – my family and friends are coming so that adds to the pressure!”

He added: “It’s been a great run so far. We beat Tranmere in the first round, it was a game we dominated. We were 1-0 up and then they went down to 10-men and we scored from the free kick following the sending off and saw the game out comfortably.

“Notts County was a nightmare for me. It was a moment of madness. There was only around 30 minutes gone, we were 1-0 up and I got caught in two minds and made the wrong decision and was sent off.

“Luckily Lewis Gilboy scored two goals and dragged me out of a hole as we won 2-1. All the lads were great after and told me to keep my head up but it was hard at the time.

“Leeds was a great game, they were strong but we started off quickly and were 2-0 up within 10 minutes. They then came back into it and at 2-2 it could have gone either way and I had to clear one effort off the line.

“Once it went into extra-time, we pushed on and ended up winning 4-2. We showed great determination.

Tickets for tonight’s tie can be purchased on the night, priced at £3 for adults and £1 for concessions.