IF ever there was a case of anything you can do, I can do better, this was it.

Stanley are still chasing their first away win of the season, but will have drawn encouragement from twice coming back from behind in this end-to-end derby with two quick-fire equalisers.

And yet again they had goalkeeper Ian Dunbavin to thank for a string of stunning saves to salvage a point, on the back of Saturday's double penalty save at Mansfield, as Andy Bishop and Glynn Hurst threatened to run riot.

Bury were the first to benefit from a lively start when one-time Stanley target Bishop reacted quickly to a poorly defended corner.

Tom Kennedy swung his delivery over from the right, the ball was allowed to drop in the six-yard box and as the Reds rearguard remained static, Bishop gleefully rifled the ball into the roof of the net after only seven minutes.

Hurst then had all the time in the world to put Dunbavin under further pressure but was closer to hitting the corner flag than the target in the end.

Stanley were quick to fire back and when Ian Craney seized upon a midfield blunder, he released Roberts and Stanley's leading scorer added to his tally by using his strength to get in front of his marker and nutmeg goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel.

Bury immediately went back on the offensive and Hurst tested Dunbavin with a shot that the Stanley stopper gathered at the second attempt.

Dunbavin made himself the proverbial brick wall to deny Bishop seven minutes later as the former York City front man beat the offside trap to burst onto a long ball upfield. Dunbavin made himself big enough to prevent summer signing Bishop getting a shot on target, and Phil Edwards cleared from two yards.

Former Burnley youngster Marc Pugh was proving to be a menace down the right flank, but on the rare occasion one of his moves broke down, Stanley countered quickly and Andy Todd was unlucky to take too heavy a touch when he was unmarked just outside the area.

Stanley built momentum going forward and when a Roberts volley cannoned off John Fitzgerald's back, Todd and Roberts kept the all alive before setting up Craney, who had his 18-yard shot deflected.

But Kennedy was proving just as dangerous on the left flank as Pugh was on the right, and when his high delivery was met by Bishop's head before Dunbavin could punch it clear, it was 2-1 to the Shakers.

But the Reds were again back on level terms inside two minutes when Rommy Boco picked up Craney's crossfield ball and the Frenchman blasted his drive straight through the hapless Schmeichel.

Bishop went close to claiming a first-half hat-trick with a header from a corner just before the break, Hurst forced Dunbavin into another smart save from Pugh's dangerous corner then, at the opposite end, Schmeichel clawed away a teasing Roberts delivery.

Coleman rang the changes with the second half just three minutes old, when Michael Welch replaced Phil Edwards to give extra height to a backline competing with a strapping and pacy front pairing.

But while Welch bedded in, Hurst headed square for Bishop inside the six-yard box and Dunbavin somehow kept the ball out with his outstretched right leg.

Stanley carved out arguably their best move of the game when Peter Cavanagh, Craney and Paul Mullin combined but Schmeichel claimed the ball before Craney could take the return pass.

The midfielder had two further chances, first from a 25-yard free kick that was deflected over the bar, and then, from a similar distance, he was thwarted by a diving save that Schmeichel's dad Peter made his trademark down the road at Old Trafford.

Not to be outdone, Dunbavin defied the odds to make a brilliant double save to keep out Baker and substitute David Buchanan, possibly benefiting from the new boots he changed into midway through the second half.

Bury fans thought they had snatched a late win when Pugh rippled the net with four minutes to go, but to their dismay and Stanley's relief he had struck the side-netting.

Stanley seemed to get a new lease of life when the fourth official indicated five minutes of added time and Craney forced another save from Schmeichel.

In keeping with the previous 90 minutes, Bury forced some late pressure.

But Stanley weren't rattled by what the Shakers had to offer and the referee called time on a fair result.