ACCRINGTON Stanley showed both substance and style as they blew away Leyton Orient 5-0 at the Wham Stadium.

John Coleman’s team had to be patient to score twice from set pieces before two truly wonderful goals from the excellent Sean McConville and a stoppage time strike gave them a 5-0 win over the relegation haunted O’s.

Coleman was forced into two changes with Janoi Donacien ill and Sean Clare injured but Omar Beckles and Jordan Clark being brought in didn’t stop any of Stanley’s early momentum.

It was end to end in the

opening exchanges with Gavin Massey twice going close for the visitors and Clark testing Charlie Grainger and captain Seamus Conneely half volleying wide for the Reds.

Soon Stanley began to exert their authority with Shay McCartan to the fore. The Northern Irishman was on the end of a Harvey Rodgers cross to try to cap off a superb passing move but struck his shot wide of the post.

More home pressure brought two headers off target from Beckles before Scott Brown saw a shot blocked and McConville cut in from the left but fired wide.

Orient’s activity was mostly restricted to counter attacks, with the pace of Massey causing some problems. The struggling O’s had two shouts for penalties turned down in the first half with referee Graham Salisbury unmoved.

The Reds made the breakthrough two minutes from time in simple and effective style. McConville delivered a left wing corner straight onto the head of Billy Kee inside the six yard box and he dispatched his 13th goal of the season.

The theme continued after the restart and Coleman’s men were soon turning the screw again.

A sharp turn and shot from Kee was deflected wide for a corner from which Grainger was forced to turn over his bar from his own defender.

The Reds didn’t have to wait long for a second goal. Again it was a pinpoint McConville delivery, this time from a right wing free kick that bent away from goal to Pearson who towered above the defence to head in his seventh goal of the season and second of the week.

Orient did muster a response with Josh Koroma nicking the ball on the edge of the area and making his way into a shooting position on the right only to see Marek Rodak gallop off his line to block well.

But it was a token effort as the Reds eased into top gear in the last 10 minutes in devastating style.

First Beckles saw a header cleared off the line but soon McConville would swap a supporting role for being the leading man.

A ball into the box was cleared to the winger six minutes from the end and he bent it perfectly into the top right corner to make it 3-0.

Not content with that, the former Chester man went one better just seconds later. He got the ball on the left fully 45 yards from goal, saw Grainger off his line and lobbed him with the ball battering down off the bar and over the line.

And still Stanley weren’t done. Determined to continue his amazing run in front of goal Pearson weighed in with another deep into stoppage time, sweeping in with his right foot from a tight angle inside the area on the left to make it 5-0.

n Stanley: Rodak, Rodgers, Beckles, Hughes, Pearson, Clark (Shaw 87), Brown (Husin 76), Connelly, McConville, McCartan (Edwards 81), Kee