ACCRINGTON Stanley booked a spot in round three of the FA Cup thanks to a 3-0 win at non-league Woking as they ended a five match wait for a win.

The Reds returned to the site of their 2006 Conference title success to overcome the Cards thanks to two goals from Billy Kee and one from John O’Sullivan with their hosts also reduced to 10 men.

The home side crafted the first meaningful opening when Gozie Ugwu laid the ball into Dennon Lewis but the Watford loanee stabbed well wide when well placed.

Stanley looked to impose themselves on the National League side thereafter, with limited success, as John O’Sullivan saw appeals for a penalty turned down before Paddy Lacey curled a free kick wide of the post.

The hosts came into the game in good form and weren’t short of confidence on a bobbly Kingfield surface, with Matty Pearson forced to challenge Ugwu at the death before Aaron Chapman saved at his near post from Charlie Carter.

The League Two side edged in front in the 34th minute when Pearson delivered from the right and the ball made its way to Kee who poached his sixth goal of the season from inside the area.

Moments later came a crucial incident which shaped the tie when Woking’s Charlie Carter caught Stanley captain Seamus Conneely inside the Reds’ area after he had cleared the ball.

Conneely was left in a heap, with referee Nicholas Kinseley showing Carter a straight red card.

John Coleman’s team pressed home their advantage with their next attack as another Pearson cross, this time low into the area, was helped on by Scott Brown and emphatically finished into the corner of the net by the predatory Kee.

With a two goal cushion at the break the Reds had every reason to be confident after the restart and set about imposing themselves again.

Kee was denied his hat trick when he span inside the area and forced a fine save from Woking keeper Brandon Hall who turned the ball away with his legs.

But the Reds did not have long to wait for the third and conclusive goal.

Jordan Clark made good progress down the left and hung in a cross to the edge of the six yard box for O’Sullivan to arrive and head home his second of the campaig.

By now Woking were reduced to hoping to continue a run of scoring in every game since mid-August but were unable to really trouble Chapman.

In contrast Stanley had chances to extend their lead, with subs Rommy Boco and Terry Gornell both guiding left foot efforts wide of the target before Boco saw a late strike turned over the bar by Hall.

Stanley’s last win at Kingfield brought Football League level games for the first time in 44 years; this one gives them the opportunity to pull out one of the top flight big boys in tonight’s draw.

Stanley: Chapman, Pearson, Beckles, Hughes, McConville, Brown (Davies 88), Conneely, Lacey (Boco 58), O’Sullivan, Clark, Kee (Gornell 72. Subs not used: Parish, McCartan, Hewitt, Sykes