WEEK by week, win by win, the chants are growing in conviction.

It started off as a bit of a joke, said Sean Dyche, and he’s probably right. It was at Bournemouth in November that the first strains of ‘we’re all going on a European tour’ were really heard.

It was light-hearted, knockabout stuff. The Clarets were flying, but there was a long way to go and a tricky spell would inevitably arrive.

It did, but Burnley rode it out. Now they’re back, and now those jovial and jolly sounds have turned into a battle cry. ‘We’re all going on a European tour’. No, really.

It was loud and clear at Vicarage Road after the Clarets made sure records tumbled once again.

In a season of memorable days it didn’t much look like this was going to be one. After a bright start Burnley were soon on the back foot, grateful to Nick Pope, perhaps inspired by the sight of Tom Heaton back on the bench, for keeping them level.

But there was only so much Pope could do and eventually he was beaten by Roberto Pereyra, who had been waging a personal battle with the Burnley goalkeeper all afternoon.

The Clarets didn’t look like getting back into it, but some managers just have the midas touch. It was crying out for a change and Sean Dyche went for it, throwing Sam Vokes on for Georges-Kevin Nkoudou.

The impact was instant. Burnley were level within 24 seconds, thanks to Vokes, and ahead three minutes later through Jack Cork.

Having waited 54 games for a comeback win in the Premier League under Dyche, now the Clarets had a second in four games, all of them won, the first time such a run has been put together in the top flight in half a century.

The plaudits are plentiful for Burnley and they look a side capable of winning any which way now.

At Vicarage Road it was that infamous ‘strong jaw’ that was crucial. After Chris Wood had seen an early effort correctly ruled out for offside the chances were few and far between. Ashley Barnes’ header landed on the roof of the net, Ashley Westwood’s shot inside the box was blocked.

At the other end it was Pereyra v Pope. Burnley were struggling to cope with Watford’s numerical advantage in the middle.

First Pope displayed impressive agility for a man of his height, plunging to his left to push a low shot from the Argentine away, before fielding a more comfortable long range effort from the same man.

Soon after Pereyra popped up on the other side of the box, cutting on to his left foot and curling goalwards, only for Pope to tip his effort over.

The battle resumed in the second half, but this time it was the Watford man taking the plaudits. His free-kick hit Aaron Lennon but as Will Hughes wriggled back into the area the ball popped loose to Pereyra, in space 12 yards out, and he fired through Pope’s legs.

A comeback looked unlikely now, but you can never count Burnley out.

On came Vokes. Westwood’s free-kick glanced of Adrian Mariappa’s head and the Welshman stayed calm to clip it past Orestis Karnezis.

The goal brought the Clarets back to life. Another Westwood free-kick, this one on the left side of the box, headed back across by Kevin Long and over the line by Cork, goal line technology making the final decision as Karnezis desperately tried to claw it away.

Five added minutes bought a bombardment into the Burnley box, but by now the Clarets had steadied their legs. Pope came for everything he could and as five minutes turned to six minutes turned to seven they couldn’t be rocked.