BRIAN Stock will this morning sign in as Burnley’s sixth addition of the summer.

The midfielder was expected to put pen to paper yesterday after holding successful talks with the Clarets on Thursday.

But his move from Doncaster Rovers was delayed until today, while the club awaited the results of a scan last night.

Injuries hampered the 30-year-old’s form last season.

However, he has been given the all-clear following a medical and further tests, and was set to finalise the deal before the training session and fun day at Turf Moor this morning.

And I understand Stock is delighted to be joining the Clarets on a two-year deal, as well as relieved to have drawn a line under an ongoing transfer saga.

The midfielder’s name has been high on manager Eddie Howe’s wanted list not just this summer, but as far back as the last January transfer window.

At the time Stock had a settled future at Doncaster, and previously said he wanted to end his career at the Keepmoat Stadium.

But recognising the need to reduce their wage bill following relegation from the Championship, the South Yorkshire club intimated that they would not stand in his way should the opportunity for a move arise.

A stylish ball-playing midfielder, Stock was thought to be one of Doncaster’s highest earners after agreeing a bumper deal with the club following interest from Premier League sides 18 months ago.

Howe was alerted to Stock’s availability after Dean Saunders’ side suffered the drop into League One.

But with Burnley being cautious with their finances after prioritising a defensive boost, and later bringing in Sam Vokes on a permanent deal from Wolves, the move for Stock took longer to conclude than initially hoped.

The Wales international is due to sign in time to appear on Burnley’s team photograph at Turf Moor today at noon, when the first 800 fans through the James Hargreaves Stand turnstiles will also have the chance to be captured in the background.

The squad will then hold a training session from 12.30pm as part of the fun day.