Blackburn Rovers' three-match winning run in the Championship was brought to an end as they lost 1-0 at Swansea City at Ewood Park.

Jon Dahl Tomasson's side should have led after 60 seconds when Callum Brittain met Tyrhys Dolan's cross from close range but turned the ball wide of the post.

Having already had two goals ruled out for offside, Swansea then punished Rovers in fantastic style. Liam Cullen cut inside onto his left foot and curled the ball beautifully into the far corner.

That goal enthused Swansea and rocked Rovers, who never found their rhythm afterwards. They could've been 2-0 down when Jamie Paterson robbed Scott Wharton on the edge of the box but Leopold Wahlstedt kept the score at 1-0.

At the other end, the introduction of Adam Wharton and Harry Leonard saw the former put the latter through but he dragged his shot wide of the far post. The striker then headed at the goalkeeper from six yards after a fantastic cross from James Hill.

That proved to be Rovers' best sight of goal in the second half as they searched for an equaliser. After such a great performance at Millwall in the week, this was an off-colour display from the home side.
Chasing a fourth-successive Championship win for the first time since March, Rovers started the better of the two teams. Their passing was slick on a greasy Ewood surface and they carved Swansea open inside 60 seconds.

A neat, one-touch move involved Arnor Sigurdsson and Sam Szmodics saw the latter release Dolan. He squared for Brittain to tap in but he opened his body too much and put it wide of the far post.

Rovers continued to dominate, with Szmodics denied on the line after a brilliant corner-kick routine. It was the best start the hosts had made at Ewood Park since playing Sunderland, a game they eventually lost 3-1.

They didn't score during that early domination and again were guilty of letting their opponents off the hook. Swansea had the ball in the net twice in quick succession, by contrast, but Jamal Lowe was correctly flagged offside on both occasions.

Those openings gave Michael Duff's side confidence though and they did open the scoring in the 28th minute. Rovers didn't clear their lines and Cullen jinked inside onto his left foot and curled the ball in from the right side of the penalty area.

Despite their quick start, Rovers struggled to cope after conceding first. Swansea grew in confidence and knocked the ball around impressively, dominating the remainder of the half.

To make matters worse, Hayden Carter was booked, his fifth yellow of the season. That triggers an automatic one-game ban, which will see him miss Norwich City next weekend, rather than the trip to Chelsea in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday night.

Despite a double change at the break, Rovers were unable to change the tide of the game. Instead, they looked more disjointed and struggled to impose themselves at all. 

With the crowd growing restless, Swansea had a huge chance to double the lead. An error from Wharton saw Paterson rob him on the edge of the box but Wahlstedt made a big save with his foot to stop him making it 2-0.

Wharton and the returning Leonard were thrown on to try and give Rovers more impetus. The two combined to first major opening of the second half.

Leonard latched on to an early through ball and did well to beat Bashir Humphreys and found Szmodics in the box. He took the shot first time but it was straight down the threat of Carl Rushworth.

With Swansea holding on to a one-goal lead, they were more than happy to take their time and kill the game. With Duff's side starting to sit back, Rovers came into the game a little more as they pushed for the leveller.

It was again the two-hour-mark changes that combined to open Swansea up, with Leonard in behind the defence from Wharton's pass but he pulled his shot just wide of the far post. By far Rovers' best opening of a tight second half.

The striker would have yet another chance before the final whistle. A rampaging run from Hill down the right caused problems and he delivered a brilliant cross onto Leonard's head from six yards. His effort went straight at Rushworth, when either side would have seen him score.

That proved to be the final action of the match. Rovers have now won six and lost seven of their opening 14 matches with this good winning run coming to an end.

Compared to recent displays, they were below par. Swansea didn't have too many glorious chances but probably deserved the points.