STANLEY’S winless run in League One continued following a 5-1 defeat against Oxford United at the Kassam Stadium.

Nathan Holland bagged a brace for the hosts, with Matty Taylor and Mark Sykes also on target before an unfortunate own goal from Michael Nottingham.

Ethan Hamilton got on the scoresheet for the Reds in the second half – the midfielder’s first goal for the club since joining from Peterborough United over the summer.

The first chance fell to Matt Butcher, who curled over from distance after pouncing on a loose pass from Jack Stevens.

Taylor then had a shot blocked by Ross Sykes following a dangerous attack down the right wing.

The hosts took the lead after 18 minutes when Holland picked up the ball in midfield and drove into the box before providing a composed finish to beat James Trafford.

The West Ham loanee was slightly fortunate to keep the ball under Ross Sykes’ challenge as he entered the area.

Stevens then made a decent stop to deny Butcher but a foul was given against Colby Bishop in the build-up.

Oxford added a second after 24 minutes when Holland tapped home from Steve Seddon’s low cross after a slick passing move.

Stevens then made a comfortable save to keep out a curling free kick from Sean McConville, who made his 350th senior appearance.

Trafford then made a smart stop to deny James Henry at his near post after Matty Taylor had played in the winger.

Minutes later, Taylor dragged an effort wide of the post as the hosts continued to ask questions of the Stanley defence.

At the other end, Hamilton’s low drive had Stevens scrambling to his right but the ball flew just wide.

The Reds nearly pulled one back early in the second half when Hamilton’s header hit the post before Henry cleared off the line.

The Stanley players felt that the ball had crossed the line but referee Robert Lewis waved away their appeals.

And John Coleman’s men were dealt a cruel blow later moments later when Taylor kept his cool to lift the ball over Trafford after a quick counter attack.

The forward could have had a second when he showed good feet to find space in the box, but his strike was straight at Trafford.

The Stanley goalkeeper then did well to get a hand to Taylor’s low cross as Holland was lining up to score.

Just before the hour mark, Sykes took on an ambitious volley from the edge of the box but his effort sailed over the bar.

Stanley were then given a glimmer of hope when Hamilton have Stevens no chance with a ruthless finish after 61 minutes.

The former Manchester United youngster continued to cause the Oxford defence problems, sending an effort just wide of the near post.

But the hosts put the game to bed when Sykes found the bottom corner after some good work by Henry on the right wing.

Butcher, who looked lively throughout, then tried his luck from 25 yards but his effort wasn’t troubling Stevens.

Inside the final five minutes, Trafford made a good stop low to his right to parry Anthony Forde’s strike away from danger after another quick counter attack.

And things got worse for Coleman’s men in injury time when the goalkeeper saved Cameron Brannagan’s shot but the ball bounced off Nottingham and into the empty net.

Oxford: Stevens, Forde, McNally, Moore, Seddon, Henry (Bodin 74’), Kane (Gorrin 86’), Brannagan, Sykes, Taylor, Holland (Williams 64’)

Unused subs: Eastwood, Long, Mousinho, Agyei

Stanley: Trafford, Sherring, Sykes, Nottingham, Amankwah (Nolan 72’), McConville, Hamilton, Conneely (Pell 72’), Butcher, O’Sullivan, Bishop

Unused subs: Savin, Leigh, Mansell, Clark, Malcolm