Harvey Elliott has been shortlisted for the EFL young player of the year prize.

The Rovers loanee has impressed during his season-long stay at Ewood Park, scoring five goals as well as notching up 11 assists.

That form has seen him nominated for the EA Sports backed prize, shortlisted alongside Michael Olise (Reading) and Max Aarons (Norwich City).

EA Sports will be hosting an online vote, which goes live on Wednesday, equating to 25 per cent of the overall result, with the other 75 per cent made up of votes from the EFL Awards judging panel.

In the running for the Championship player of the season prize are Ivan Toney (Brentford), Teemu Pukki (Norwich City) and Emi Buendia (Norwich City).

Adam Armstrong will be aiming for a spot in the Championship team of the year which will be announced live at the EFL Awards which takes place on Thursday and screened live on Sky Sports

Meanwhile, Rovers are in the mix for the Your Move Community Club of the Year.