ACCRINGTON Stanley boss John Coleman felt key decisions went against them in their defeat at Hull City, but accepted his side "weren't good enough".

The Reds suffered back-to-back League One defeats for the first time since September after last night's 3-0 loss at the KCOM Stadium came on the back of going down 1-0 at home to Gillingham at the weekend.

Coleman was most frustrated at the second half penalty that killed the game off for Hull and led to Cameron Burgess being red-carded, meaning the defender will miss next week's rematch.

But Coleman insists there is work to do to improve before Stanley meet Hull again, at the Wham Stadium, next Tuesday.

"It wasn't good enough," said the Reds boss, who was particularly disappointed with his side's first half performance.

"We didn't play well in the first half, we were screaming for half-time when we get to 39 minutes and they've had the lion's share. We haven't really laid a glove on them in the first half and we're trying to get to half-time to adjust and we gave a poor goal away, losing a couple of tackles on the edge of the box leaving Mallik (Wilks) free to slot it in.

"We regrouped in the second half and I thought we started quite brightly, in the first 10 minutes we were asking a few more questions. And then unfortunately the game hinges on two decisions. It's clutching at straws really looking for decisions but football should be a fair game and if someone's offside it should be given offside.

"You're trying to fight back from 2-0 and there were two offsides in the space of three minutes that the linesman didn't give. They're not perfect, but one of them has led to a chance and the other one has led to a goal.

"So 2-0 you're dusting yourself down, you're still in the game, you can still fight back, and then we get a corner, three of our players get dragged to the floor - not one, three - nothing's given. They get a corner, there's a bit of wrestling going on at the far post and the referee's initial reaction was that it wasn't a penalty because he's waited five or six seconds. Four or five players run at him and he gives a penalty.

"Whether that's his modus operandi and that's the way he referees, but he's given the impression that he's been influenced by their players. He has to give that impression because he doesn't give it (the penalty) until their players run to him.

"That's bad enough, then he sends our player off. If you're sending players off for pulling and shoving there should have been a lot of yellow cards.

"Then it's damage limitation and give our lads credit they worked their socks off to try to keep it down to three, had a couple of shots ourselves as well to boot, but it was a difficult night. You don't expect it to be any easier, but sometimes when you get into this mode you don't feel as if you're getting a fair crack of the whip."

Coleman added: "I'm sure other teams will have felt that way this season and it won't be the last time we feel like this. But we can't hide behind other people's failings, we've got to look at ourselves and we weren't good enough in the first half."