ACCRINGTON Stanley ended their run of consecutive defeats after a goalless draw at Bolton Wanderers’ UniBol Stadium.
Both sides struggled to create any clear cut chances in a match that had a point apiece written all over it from the first few exchanges.
Stanley have hit the 40-point mark and will stay 16th in the League One standings.
The first 30 seconds of the game brought a huge chance in the way of the home side as Dennis Politic found himself in space in the box, but his effort was over the goal of Joe Bursik.
It was a bright start for Bolton as Ali Crawford’s corner was met by the head of Daryl Murphy – it was met by a comfortable save for Bursik.
Bolton’s third chance of the opening exchanges fell to Crawford. He struck his first time shot straight at the Stanley keeper.
Stanley came into the game more after the initial chances for Keith Hill’s side as Bobby Grant took the ball past the two Bolton centre halves – his touch was heavy when baring down on goal and it allowed Remi Matthews to gather the ball with ease.
Former Wanderer Joe Pritchard to work an opening for the Reds, but the crosses were failing to find their target on a scrappy afternoon.
In the last few minutes of the first period, Joe Dodoo opened his body and let fly across goal meaning Bursik had to pull off a flying save to keep it goalless and that is exactly what the keeper did.
The second half started much as the first ended, with both sides struggling to create any worthwhile chances and entertain the crowd inside the UniBol.
Dion Charles was brought on in the place of Bobby Grant to try and liven up Stanley’s attacking threat.
The substitute linked up immediately with Jordan Clark and his left footed strike was arrowing towards the top corner until Matthews pulled off a superb save.
Stanley, attacking the end with their 875 fans in, were pushing for the opening goal as the clock ticked past the hour mark.
The introduction of Charles was causing the Bolton defence problems as he looked to get in behind them with his speed.
Yoan Zouma was beaten by Charles, who raced forward and was taken out cynically by Kean Bryan on the edge of the box.
Joe Maguire’s free kick was weak and straight into the hands of Matthews.
Clark repeatedly showed why he is Stanley’s best player as he caused havoc down the right side, but just couldn’t quite find the correct pass.
Jerome Opoku took a free kick in a great position that he blazed over the bar with 10 minutes remaining.
With the final kick of the game, Clark looked as though he had won it for Stanley, but Matthews pulled off a fantastic save as the referee blew the whistle for full-time.

Bolton: Matthews, Lowe, Hobbs, Murphy, Murphy, Crawford, Fleming, Bryan, Politic, Dodoo, Nsiala
Subs: Alexander, Emmanuel, Bunney, Delaney, Mellis, Hamilton, Zouma

Stanley: Bursik, Johnson, Sykes, Rodgers, Maguire, Clark, Conneely, Finley, Pritchard, Grant, Bishop
Subs: Savin, Zanzala, Barclay, Charles, Opoku, Ashley-Seal, Diallo