ACCRINGTON Stanley’s seven-match unbeaten run has come to an end after their Rochdale hoodoo continued.

The visitors took the lead in the first half through Ian Henderson, who has now hit three goals in his two games against Stanley this season, and Stephen Dooley secured the points for Brian Barry-Murphy’s side as he made it 2-0 on the hour mark.

Offrande Zanzala got a goal back for the Reds in stoppage time but John Coleman has now seen the Reds lose their last four games against his former club.

Dion Charles had the first effort of the afternoon after being freed when Callum Johnson latched on to a loose pass in the Rochdale midfield and the striker saw his well-struck shot palmed clear by Robert Sanchez.

Rochdale captain Henderson had his first sight of goal after 10 minutes when he was found by a lovely ball over the top by Oliver Rathbone. The 34-year-old took on the first-time volley but it went well wide of the target.

Having been booked earlier Ben Barclay was then was extremely lucky to escape a second yellow after he lunged in with a rash challenge.

Stanley suffered a blow when form man Sean McConville was replaced on the half-hour mark after falling awkwardly on his ankle and needing to be taken off on a stretcher.

Jimmy Keohane had the best chance of the first period as the left-back ran onto a loose ball in the box, but his first-time effort bounced off the roof of the Clayton End.

Then, with the last kick of the opening period, Henderson popped up once again and put the visitors in front, chipping coolly over Joe Bursik after being played in.

It brought the curtain down on a first period that lacked real quality as both sets of players were showing signs of fatigue after the busy Christmas period.

Into the second half, substitute Joe Pritchard skipped past his full back with some step-overs before putting a low ball across the face of goal.

Zanzala seemed primed to equalise for Stanley, but he lost his footing on some loose turf before making contact with the ball.

Rochdale then doubled their lead just after the hour mark after a fine, first-time ball by Rathbone in midfield set Dooley free and he made no mistake when slotting beyond Bursik in front of the 804 away fans.

Zanzala pulled a goal back for Stanley when he poked the ball home two minutes into stoppage time, but it wasn’t enough for Coleman’s side.