A game that both sides will walk away from feeling they deserved more ended all square on a frantic night in south Wales.

The possibility of a goal fest seemed on the cards when Danny Graham’s third minute opener was cancelled out by Andre Ayew’s header in the 11th.

Both would finish with 10 men, Tom Carroll seeing his marching orders before Bradley Dack followed him down the tunnel moments later.

In the end Rovers would leave with their first draw on the road this season, and maintaining their unbeaten run since the November international break is a positive, despite not been able to make enough during their period of having an extra man.

For the first time since taking over, Tony Mowbray stuck with the same side for a fourth game running.

That meant Danny Graham kept his place against his former side, and not even four minutes were on the watch when he scored his 50th league goal for Rovers.

It owed much to the tenacity of Corry Evans, winning the ball high up the pitch, and within two passes Adam Armstrong was able to pick out Graham who stroked the ball home.

It was becoming an interesting conundrum for Rovers who looked most likely to create chances when pressing high, but when the hosts did break through they looked a danger driving forward.

But it was a set play that handed them an 11th minute equaliser. A dangerous inswinging corner delivered in to a packed six-yard box was glanced in to the corner by Andre Ayew whose influence on the game would continue to grow.

The Swans got free down the flanks moments later with full back Connor Roberts teeing up an unmarked George Byers who should have done better when ballooning over the bar from 12 yards.

Both teams were trying to play out, but Rovers were almost punished for a mix-up involving Tosin Adarabioyo and Corry Evans. That allowed Sam Surridge space to break in to, but he looked for support that didn’t arrive, and sliced wide from the right edge of the box.

Ayew, coming off the left flank, was next to go close, driving at the heart of the Rovers defence, holding off Darragh Lenihan, and hitting a left foot shot that flashed wide of the near post.

Rovers were seeing plenty of the ball, and territory, but taking the safe option on too many occasions that saw the momentum of moves fizzle out. A Graham header glanced wide from a Stewart Downing was a rare sight of goal after their initial flurry.

Ayew continued to the dangerman for Swans and should have done better with his chance on the half hour. He got beyond Lenihan to get a sight of goal, with Walton able to save a shot that was straight at him as Rovers held out until the break.

The Ayew-Walton battle took just three minutes before resuming in the second half, the winger having no hesitation but to get a shot away from 20 yards that was beaten away by Walton. Dack, from the resulting corner, appeared to handle at the far post, but referee Jeremy Simpson waved away the home fans’ appeals.

Elliott Bennett was sent with an eye on keeping Ayew quiet, just 11 minutes in to the half, but the hosts were soon down to 10 men when Tom Carroll picked up a second yellow.

Rovers sensed an opportunity, with Dack heading over from an Evans cross before the midfielder fired wide from 20 yards out.

The home fans were becoming increasingly frustrated with the officials, and were apoplectic when a foul was given against striker Sam Surridge, rather than for him, as he tangled with Bennett.

But the numerical numbers were soon evened up as Dack, who had been talking a tightrope with the officials all night, was given his marching order for a second yellow midway through the second half.

Swansea then sensed the possibility of snatching a victory themselves as the game ticked in to the final quarter with Matt Grimes twice wasteful from the edge of the box.

Walton watched those off the bar, but needed to be alert to race off his line and claim at the feet of substitute Aldo Kalulu who looked set to take the ball around him.

Woodman hadn’t had much to do at the other end, but was equal to a Gallagher drive at the end of a 60-yard rampage forward, having nothing else on his mind other than getting a shot away.

Four added minutes offered hope to both, but both sets of players were out on their feet as it ended all square.