Dominic Samuel and Harry Chapman both scored twice as Rovers Under-23s notched their first Premier League 2 win of the season.

It was also a first victory for new boss Billy Barr after taking charge as Rovers came from 2-0 and 3-1 down at the Amex Stadium to beat 10-man Brighton.

Samuel was making just a third appearance for the Academy side as he continues his comeback from a long-term knee injury.

It was a third consecutive appearance for the Under-23s side for Chapman who now has three goals and an assist to his name.

The 21-year-old, in conjunction with Tony Mowbray, decided against the winger moving out on loan before Monday’s deadline and was challenged to ‘kickstart his career’.

He responded in fine fashion with two more goals for the Under-23s, scoring late on in both halves, to push his claims for first-team involvement which he will hope to continue with his work on the Brockhall training pitches during the international break.

Samuel meanwhile scored Rovers’ second and third goals as they responded in the perfect way to going 3-1 down.

The turning point came moments after the Seagulls when Max Sanders was shown his second yellow card and the hosts reduced to 10 men.

Captain Sanders had given his side the perfect start, netting just four minutes in with a curling effort beyond Joe Hilton.

Samuel went close to an equaliser shortly after, but it was the hosts who got the game’s second goal, eight minutes before the break after what was an open first half.

Bojan Radulovic crossed for Taylor Richards to head beyond Hilton who would then make a smart save from Ryan Longman.

That became even more crucial as Chapman hauled Rovers back in to the contest as he curled in to the bottom corner after a fine solo run.

The hosts’ two goal cushion was restored eight minutes after the re-start however, as Radulovic powered a header home.

Saunders was dismissed though with still 35 minutes to go, and Samuel scored twice in the space of six minutes to bring Rovers level.

Rovers completed an impressive turnaround when nine minutes from time Sam Barnes turned home from a corner as Chapman added the finishing touches in added time.