THERE was late drama at Molineux as a Raul Jimenez penalty in the 95th minute meant Burnley drew 1-1 with Wolves.

Burnley took the lead through a superb Ashley Barnes goal in the first half – his fourth in three games.

The Clarets will feel hard done by with the draw as they had chances to kill the game in the first half.

Both sides started the game with the intent to play the ball around and work an opening for a shot on goal.

Conor Coady used his passing range to good effect to spray long, diagonal balls out the wingbacks on numerous occasions.

Burnley’s first sight on goal came inside the first 10 minutes as Barnes is picked out after some lovely interplay between Chris Wood and Matt Lowton.

Barnes’ left-footed effort is well struck, but wide of the post.

The striker didn’t stay out of the goals for long as Dwight McNeil cushioned a header to Barnes who then rifled home a sensational volley to give Burnley the lead.

Skipper Ben Mee looked to have doubled the Clarets’ lead as his header from a corner met the upright and bounced along the goal line – some how staying out.

Burnley squandered another chance as a long ball forward from Nick Pope wasn’t dealt with by Ryan Bennett.

Wood jinked past a man in the box and hit his shot at Rui Patricio when all he had to do was find the far corner.

Burnley were hard done by to only go in to the half-time break one goal up after having one cleared off the line and Wood’s chance going amiss.

After withstanding some Wolves pressure in the opening minutes of the second period, Barnes had a chance to double his tally, and Burnley’s lead.

Ashley Westwood whipped a peach of a first time cross in and Barnes could only guide beyond the near post.

As expected, Wolves pushed for an equaliser in front of their frustrated home crowd, but where met with a Burnley backline that weren’t giving up their clean sheet without a battle.

Wolves failed to really work Pope during their spell of pushing Burnley back as they were kept to speculative efforts from distance.

Midfield pair, Westwood and Jack Cork, worked tirelessly in the midfield of the park to protect their defence and offer support to Wood and Barnes in attack.

Wood and Barnes looked to link-up in the last 15 minutes as the New Zealand international couldn’t find the run his partner had made into the box.

With 11 minutes remaining, Wolves looked as though they were about to draw level as Raul Jimenez was picked out in space inside the area – the striker opted to square it across the face of goal, but none of his team mates were racing in for the tap in.

James Tarkowski proved late on why he was linked with a big money move as Jota brushed off Matt Lowton and looked in on goal, the England international raced back and blocked the goal-bound strike.

Erik Pieters made contact with Jimenez in the area and the penalty was given, after a VAR check, and Jimenez calmly slotted beyond Pope.

Wolves: Rui Patricio, Doherty (76’ Traore), Bennett, Neves, Jimenez, Boly, Coady, Gibbs-White (66’ Neto), Jota, Jonny, Moutinho (59’ Dendoncker) Unused subs: Ruddy, Vallejo, Neto, Cutrone, Vinagre Burnley: Pope, Lowton, Mee, Tarkowski, Pieters, McNeil (86’ Hendrick), Cork, Westwood, Gudmundsson (66’ Lennon), Wood, Barnes (78’ Rodriguez) Unused subs: Hart, Taylor, Vydra, Long