ACCRINGTON Stanley conceded three goals in the last 13 minutes to throw away a two-goal lead in what would have been their first league win of the season.

The Reds looked comfortable after a Colby Bishop penalty and Dion Charles screamer looked to have secured the points at the Wham Stadium.

But, a Mark Hughes own goal along with goals from substitutes Fejiri Okenabirhie and Daniel Udoh sent the 455 Shrewsbury fans wild.

Both sides started brightly in this League One match with plenty of chances being created in an open affair.

Six minutes in and Stanley had a free-kick in a promising position - Sean McConville played in Jordan Clark behind the wall and his effort, from an angle, was weak and easily saved by Max O'Leary.

Minutes later, Clark had another chance as good work from Bishop teed up the winger for a volley - O'Leary dived across his goal and made a brilliant save.

Shaun Whalley broke down the right hand side and stood a ball up in the box for the onrushing Edwards - he connected well with his header, but couldn't steer it on target.

Five minutes in to the second half and we saw the best opportunity of the match as Stanley were torn apart on the counter attack after Whalley surged forward and found the run of Sean Goss.

The central midfielder struck his effort on the edge of the box and it was straight at Evtimov - a yard either side and it was sure to be 1-0 to the visitors.

Another brilliant chance again fell for Sam Rickett's side as substitute Louis Thompson sprinted the length of the Stanley half - showing superb pace - he went to shoot and missed the ball.

Whalley picked up the loose ball and curled it wide of the far post.

With 25 minutes of the game remaining, referee Scott Oldham pointed to the spot for Stanley after Omar Beckles appeared to have pulled down Bishop.

Bishop stepped up to smash the spot kick high in to the top corner for his third goal in his last three games.

Not long after Stanley doubled their lead as Charles scored an absolute screamer! He picked up the ball from 25-yards out, drove forward and unleashed one in to the far top corner.

Shrewsbury pulled a goal back with 10 minutes left to play as Evtimov's save rebounded off Mark Hughes and into the back of the net.

Bishop had the chance to kill the game as he ran through on goal, he never looked comfortable as he was baring down on O'Leary and his finish was evidence of that - straight at the goalkeeper.

Adding to a crazy second half, substitute Okenabirhie equalised for Shrewsbury after they were 2-0 down.

The number 10 got the telling touch on a corner from the left, powering it beyond Evtimov.

Completing the turnaround was another substitute, Udoh. The ball was punted forward and Maguire couldn't deal with it which allowed the striker to race beyond him and slot it under Evtimov.

Stanley: Evtimov; Johnson, Hughes, Sykes, Maguire (90' Zanzala); Clark, Conneely, Finley, McConville; Bishop, Baker-Richardson (30' Charles)

Unused subs: Bursik, Edwards, Barclay, Kaba Sherif, Pritchard

Shrewsbury: O'Leary; Beckles, Ebanks-Landell, Pierre; Love, Edwards, Goss, McCormick (60' Thompson), Giles; Morison (79' Okenabirhie), Whalley (79' Udoh)

Unused subs: Murphy, Golbourne, Rowland, Walker