Chris Wood scored a sixth pre-season goal as Burnley picked up a routine friendly win at Fleetwood.

Ali Koiki gave the Clarets the lead on 43 minutes before Wood got himself on the scoresheet just before the hour mark.

Charlie Taylor got his first action of pre-season but there was again no Ben Mee with Nick Pope also not involved having been the only goalkeeper to play 90 minutes on Saturday in the games against Crewe and Port Vale.

Sean Dyche made nine changes at the interval with only Joe Hart and Kevin Long keeping their places in the second half as Tom Heaton watched on from the bench.

Joey Barton’s side made the brighter start, Harry Souttar testing Hart with a thumping header before James Tarkowski was forced to deflect a dangerous Wes Burns cross just wide of the post.

In front of 1,300 travelling Burnley fans, the Clarets’ first opening fell to Koiki but he couldn’t direct Matt Lowton’s cross goalwards at the back post.

It was the hosts who continued to play the more flowing football though and they should have had a glorious chance on 35 minutes but Burns couldn’t keep his footing when he had a chance to break clear on goal.

The Clarets got their noses in front two minutes before the break.

Taylor sent in the corner with Matej Vydra seeing a shot blocked and Aaron Lennon likewise, his effort hitting Koiki who turned and finished with aplomb into the bottom corner.

After Burnley rung the changes, Fleetwood had the first real chance of the second period as Conor McAleny headed Lewie Coyle’s cross narrowly wide.

At the other end one of the new arrivals Johann Berg Gudmundsson sent in a well-struck shot from distance that wasn’t far over Alex Cairns’ crossbar.

It was then two for the visitors just before the hour mark.

Phil Bardsley overlapped down the right and sent over a cross that meant Wood couldn’t miss, the striker putting the ball into the empty net as his fine form continued.

Undeterred the hosts kept coming with Josh Morris testing Hart with a shot from 20 yards that he held comfortably before the winger beat the keeper one-on-one only to be flagged offside.

Ash Hunter also sent a shot over the crossbar and Souttar headed a glorious chance wide but it was routine for the Clarets who saw Ashley Barnes go close late on.

Dyche’s side are next in action at Wigan on Saturday.

Fleetwood: Cairns (Crellin 71), Coyle (Southam-Hales 71), Clarke (Sheron 71), Souttar, Andrew (Boyle 81), Burns (Hunter 59), Coutts, Rossiter (Rydel 81), Biggins (Baggley 74), J Morris (Mooney 81), McAleny (Saunders 71). Subs not used: Morris.  

Burnley first half: Hart, Lowton, Tarkowski, Long, Taylor, Lennon, Westwood, Hendrick, Koiki, Rodriguez, Vydra. 

Burnley second half: Hart, Barsdley, Long, Dunne, Pieters, Gudmundsson, Cork, Benson, McNeil, Wood, Barnes. 

Subs not used: Heaton, Legzdins, Harker, Glennon.