BURNLEY fell to a 2-0 defeat in their final away game of the season as they travelled to Goodison Park to take on Marco Silva's Everton.

Goals from Richarlison - via a Ben Mee deflection - and a close range header from Seamus Coleman gave the home side the three points.

Everton started the game brightly and had Burnley on the back foot for the opening 10 minutes, despite having no efforts on goal to worry Tom Heaton.

The Clarets had a rare counter attack as Matt Lowton skipped away from a couple of markers to slide Chris Wood in behind the Toffee's back line - Jordan Pickford did his best impression of a sweeper keeper and cleared the danger.

Everton's opener came after 18 minutes through their talisman Richarlison. The Brazil international was teed up by Gylfi Sigurdsson and he unleashed a shot from outside the box which deflected off Mee and in to the bottom corner.

Richarlison's initial strike looked to be causing no harm to the Burnley goal until it hit Mee's knee.

Burnley couldn't resist the relentless Everton pressure and conceded again two minutes later through Coleman. The right back found himself with an empty goal to head in to from five yards out as Lucas Digne's shot was palmed to him by Heaton.

With 10 minutes of the first half left to play, Burnley had the ball in the net through Ashley Barnes. The striker produced a lovely finish at the far post, but was rightfully flagged for offside.

Dyche's side started the second half well and almost created a clear goalscoring opportunity. Unfortunately for the Clarets, Johann Berg Gudmundsson couldn't quite pick out Robbie Brady in the box.

Burnley pushed hard in the first 10 minutes of the second period, with much of the play coming down the left hand side with Charlie Taylor.

The visitors were missing their ability to play a good final ball as Johan Berg Gudmundsson had a chance to play Lowton in down the right, but completely miscued his pass.

Burnley continued to push with Jack Cork doing well to knock the ball down for Chris Wood - his half volley in the 59th minute was their first shot on target.

Dyche's men had a great chance to get a goal back just after the hour mark through Gudmundsson.

Robbie Brady whipped in a delightful cross from the left - just evading Barnes - and the Icelander can't get enough purchase on it at the far post to steer it towards goal.

Burnley had a strong penalty appeal waved away as Matej Vydra delightfully flicked the ball over Michael Keane's head - the defender then pushed the striker over in the box, but nothing was given much to Dyche's dismay.

BURNLEY: Heaton 6; Lowton 6, Tarkowski 6, Mee 7, Taylor 6; Gudmundsson 6 (69' McNeil 7), Cork 6, Westwood 6, Brady 6 (80' Hendrick); Barnes 5 (71' Vydra), Wood 5

Unused subs: Hart, Gibson, Crouch, Long

EVERTON: Pickford; Coleman, Zouma, Keane, Digne; Gueye, Schneiderlin, Richarlison (49' Richarlison), Bernard (73' Lookman), Sigurdsson (90' Jagielka); Calvert-Lewin

Unused subs: Stekelenburg, Baines, Tosun, Davis