RAMSBOTTOM'S FA Trophy run is over after a 4-1 last-16 replay defeat to National League side AFC Fylde.

Chris Willcock's side gave as good as they got against the Coasters, having played out a 5-5 thriller in the original tie a week earlier, and took the lead at Mill Farm when Kieran Lugsden headed home on 26 minutes.

But Fylde hit back with Danny Rowe levelling and Jordan Tunnicliffe adding a crucial second on the stroke of half time.

Second half goals from Serhat Tasdemir and another for Rowe secured the win and put Fylde into the last eight.

For Rammy, who were the lowest ranked team left in the competition, it ends a wonderful run which has included 12 fixtures, a host of memorable moments and almost 1,500 miles travelled.

Willcock's side will now focus on their Evo-Stik West promotion battle.

The Rams are eighth in the table, five points off a play-off place ahead of Saturday's home game against Colwyn Bay but they have up to four games in hand on some of the sides above them.

And they can take confidence from the way they carried the fight to Fylde, in promotion contention themselves as they bid to reach the Football League, on Tuesday night.

Iyrwah Gooden was lively in the opening stages while Jamie Rother came close as the Rams began brightly.

And they opened the scoring midway through the half when Nic Evangelinos was headed home by Lugsden to send the 234 away fans into raptures.

But Fylde levelled when Rowe broke the offside trap to finish before Tunnicliffe added a second before the break.

Tasdemir curled home a third five minutes after the re-start before the same man was denied by Rammy keeper Sam Ashton.

Evangelinos threatened for the visitors but it was Fylde who got the crucial fifth goal of the game when Rowe crashed home.

Rammy kept going in the closing stages but the home side managed the game well to secure their place in the quarter-finals and end a remarkable Rammy run.

Elsewhere on Tuesday, in the Evo-Stik West, Clitheroe collected a much-needed three points as they won 4-1 away at bottom of the table Skelmersdale United.

The Blues fell behind to an Alex Griffiths goal but Harry Blackburn and a Harry Pratt penalty had the visitors in front at the interval.

Max Hazeldine added a third early in the second half before Blackburn made the points safe with his second in the final minute.

The win was Clitheroe's first since the reverse fixture in November and leaves them 17th in the standings ahead of Saturday's home game with high-flying Runcorn Linnets.