ACCRINGTON Stanley's wait for a league win this year continues as they drew 0-0 away at Gillingham.

This leaves Stanley 15th in League One, just five points above the drop zone.

The Reds made one change from the side that started against Derby in the FA Cup on Saturday.

The change being a forced one as Scott Brown came in to the midfield to replace the suspended Dan Barlaser - following his red card on Saturday.

Sam Finley sat out the second game of his five match suspension so that meant Brown was paired with captain Seamus Conneely in the middle of the park.

The match started with John Colemans' side on the back foot and having to defend resolutely.

Jonny Maxted was called in to action for the first time in the 17th minute as Darren Oldakar had a shot from range which Maxted was able to palm behind for a corner.

In the opening 20 minutes, many crosses were put in to the Stanley area, Ben Richards-Everton headed one to Brandon Hanlan.

The Gillingham striker fired in a fierce volley, but Maxted claimed it comfortably.

Straight after this Stanley went on the attack and the ball found its way to Sean McConville.

The number 11 fired in the visitors' first shot and Tomas Holy in the Gills goal put it behind for a corner.

From the resulting corner, the home side broke and Tom Eaves fired in a low shot across the face of goal.

His shot clipped the bottom of the post before going out for a goal kick.

Maxted was once again called in to action as Gillingham piled on the pressure on the Stanley defence - this time it was Elliot List with the effort.

Jordan Clark had a sight of goal with five minutes of the half remaining, Ross Sykes picked out Billy Kee.

Kee chested it down for the Clark - who tried an acrobatic effort, but it was off target.

Stanley came out of the blocks in the second half quickly as Brown charged in to the box, but his effort was off target.

Five minutes in to the second half and it was an all action affair as Maxted made a brilliant save following a shot by Barry Fuller.

Stanley almost opened the scoring as Clark beat Fuller down the left and crossed in to the six-yard box.

Sykes was there waiting, but couldn't produce enough power on his header to beat Holy.

With 60 minutes on the clock, Kee had the ball cleared off the line by Eaves from a McConville cross.

Maxted was playing like a man possessed as he tipped Olaker's free kick on to the crossbar.

In to the final 10 minutes and Maxted had to be very alert as he sprinted off his line to prevent the unmarked Josh Rees getting to the ball.

Stanley: Maxted; Johnson, Sykes (74' Smyth), Hughes, Richards-Everton, Donacien; Clark, Brown, Conneely, McConville; Kee

Unused subs: Evtimov, Nolan, Zanzala, Wood, Rodgers, Armstrong

Gillingham: Holy, Ehmer, Zakuani, Hanla, Eaves, Fuller, List (87' Charles-Cook), Oldaker, Rees, Byrne, Ogilvie

Unused subs: Hadler, O'Neill, Garmston, Parrett, Simpson, Mbo