ANDY Harrison’s reign in sole charge of Nelson began with a 2-1 win over Hanley Town in the first round of the Macron Cup.

Following co-manager Steve Cunningham’s decision to step down after Tuesday night’s 5-0 defeat to Ashington in the FA Vase, Harrison was given the reins at Little Wembley and thanks to Nathan Webb’s double, kicked off with a victory.

Webb opened the scoring in the 22nd minute and scored his second 10 minutes from time.

Depsite, Hanley pulling one back through Joshua Thorpe two minutes later, the Admirals hung on for victory.

Padiham are also through to the second round thanks to a thumping 5-1 win over Shelley.

Christopher Turner gave the Storks a 29th minute lead only for Craig Billingham to level matters four minutes later.

Lee Knight restored Padiham’s lead in the 37th minute and two second half goals from Liam O’Neill and another Turner strike sealed an impressive win.

Bacup Borough staged a spirited fightback but left it too late as they went out 3-2 to Avro.

Goals from Louis Potts, Joe Bevan and Lee O’Brien gave Avro a 3-0 lead before Boro hit back with efforts from Nicolas Alexander and Alessandro Ruocco.

AFC Darwen went down by the same scoreline at Eccleshall, Jamie Gibson and Kiel Lonsdale on target for the Salmoners.

In the Evo-Stik League West Division, Clitheroe were denied all three points after Newcastle Town grabbed a late equaliser.

Max Hazeldine put the Blues ahead in the 68th minute but George Shaw levelled matters three minutes from time.

Colne are up to fifth place thanks to a 4-0 win at Market Drayton Town. It was the Reds first ever visit to the Shropshire side and they came away with a well earned three points thanks to a free scoring second half performance.

Steve Cunningham’s side created plenty of chances in the first half but couldn’t convert any of them but made the breakthrough a minute after the restart when Alex Curran pounced an an error by the home keeper to score.

And five minutes later, Colne went further ahead when a diagonal ball to the far post by Brad Knox was fired home by Connor Hughes for a two goal lead.

The Reds added a third goal after 65 minutes when Curran provided the chance for Matthew Morgan to fire an angled shot into the bottom corner of the home goal.

Town tried to hit back and Ballard made a good run through the middle of the Colne defence but Hakan Burton turned his shot wide with a good save to preserve his clean sheet. And after 69 minutes, a long diagonal ball by Hughes found Brad Lynch who took it on into the area and fired home a low shot for Colne’s fourth goal.

In the closing stages, Colne controlled the game and might have added further goals with Kyle Sambor adding his height up front to create a series of chances and Nick McNally came close when his angled shot came back off the bar. But the Reds ran out comfortable winners with a result that lifts them up the table.

Ramsbottom enjoyed a 2-0 win over Glossop North End.

The Rams got off to the perfect start when Ruben Jerome outpaced the visitors’ defence down the right before crossing for Nialle Rodney who made no mistake from six yards, rising to head home, after just seven minutes.

But the Rams had to wait until midway through the second half to wrap up victory when Joel Bembo-Leta headed home a cross from Tom Kennedy.