Crisis? What crisis? What a difference a week makes.

Burnley are out of the fog. The forecast is for clear skies, for a few days at least.

After last week’s defeat at Wolves, a 1-0 reverse that more than flattered a hapless Burnley, there were fears for their Premier League future.

Couldn’t defend, couldn’t score. Apparently Sean Dyche’s side didn’t have a lot going for them after one point from their opening five Premier League games.

It took just 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon at Turf Moor to remind us all that this side aren’t actually so bad after all. They didn’t finish seventh by accident last season.

In a week when Burnley were seemingly teetering on the brink of having their badge photoshopped in half - the true sign of a club in crisis - ending it with their biggest ever Premier League win had seemed an unlikely occurrence.

The turnaround, partially inspired by Dyche’s heart-to-heart with his squad in midweek, should be a lesson that instant judgements, such as those delivered last week, can sometimes be too instant, and too judgemental. So we shouldn’t get carried away now. Burnley aren’t out of the woods yet.

But there were certainly promising signs against an in-form Bournemouth side, who had been enjoying their best ever start to a Premier League season.

As Dyche pointed out in midweek, his side had looked very un-Burnley-like in some recent performances. This side have a DNA and on recent displays you’d have been getting them tested, wondering if you’d bought the wrong team home from pre-season in Cork.

But a few comforting words from Dyche in midweek and the instruction to his players to go and change their own story, rather than waiting for it to happen, had an impact.

Crucially, this was Burnley’s first full week of training with a near full squad since the early days of pre-season.

They had the rest during the international break, but with so many of this side now recognised by their countries, not all of them were together at Gawthorpe.

This week they were and from the first whistle at Turf Moor Burnley looked better than they had in recent weeks.

They needed some luck as well, the unknown quantity that can always have an impact in a sport decided by the most delicate of margins. When Nathan Ake wriggled free in the box and saw his shot loop up off Ben Mee, the dropping ball could easily have crept in, rather than rebounding off the face of the bar.

Burnley seized on the moment of fortune. Again Dyche had made changes. After the Molineux mauling he could have made plenty, instead he opted for just three, with Matt Lowton, Ashley Westwood and Matej Vydra in.

It was Vydra who made the difference on his first start. With each passing defeat the £11million man, restricted so far to cameos off the bench, had grown in stature as Burnley’s saviour.

When Westwood had two shots in succession blocked by Ake, the second fell invitingly to Vydra, who swept home from six yards.

Within two minutes Johann Berg Gudmundsson whipped in a right-wing cross which Aaron Lennon slid home at the back post. The belief was back.

Bournemouth’s response arrived in the second half but Burnley stood firm. The influential David Brooks was making the Cherries tick, but he had their best chance, only for Joe Hart to save with his feet from 12 yards.

As Vydra and Sam Vokes made way for Chris Wood and Ashley Barnes, Burnley put the gloss on the game late on.

First Lennon dazzled Simon Francis on the right, crossed for Gudmundsson to volley against the post, via a deflection, and Barnes reacted first to tap home. Moments later Lennon broke clear on the right, pulled the ball back for Barnes and he finished from 18 yards.