IT had been two and a half months since Burnley had last won a game but as March dawned the good times were just around the corner again.

The month began with a visit from Everton and former Claret Michael Keane, who wouldn't enjoy his Turf Moor return. The visiting fans spent most of the afternoon baiting boss Sam Allardyce and they were comprehensively outplayed by Sean Dyche's men.

But it looked like being the same old story for the Clarets when on a rare Everton attack Cenk Tosun put them ahead after 20 minutes.

Burnley were yet to come from behind to win a Premier League game, but it would prove to be 54th time lucky.

The Clarets had created chances in the first half, but at half-time Dyche threw on Chris Wood to partner Ashley Barnes. It was the start of a beautiful partnership. Ten minutes after the break Barnes ran off the back of Keane, held of his challenge and smashed an equaliser beyond Jordan Pickford.

With 10 minutes remaining the long wait for a win would be ended, as Wood headed in Johann Berg Gudmundsson's corner to seal all three points.

Victories would prove to be like London buses. Suddenly Burnley were unstoppable.

It was at the London Stadium that they stretched the streak to two. Again the introduction of Wood to partner Barnes was key and when the two linked up before Barnes slammed in the opener on 66 minutes the West Ham faithful went wild with anger.

The Hammers fans have been sold a fairytale about the London Stadium and fed up with the lies of their owners and watching football in a soulless stadium, they snapped. Fans came on the pitch to confront players, with Mark Noble wrestling one to the ground.

West Ham were shaken but the Clarets went in for the kill. Four minutes later Wood scored and now the home fans really were annoyed. Hundreds made their way to the directors' box to confront David Gold and David Sullivan, with abuse and coins hurled in their direction. Even some of the visiting directors, clad in claret and blue, had a few hand gestures aimed at them.

It was mistaken identity and that could surely that could be the only way Joe Hart would keep his place in the England squad. The gaffe prone goalkeeper was making his Hammers return but he spilt Johann Berg Gudmundsson's shot and allowed Wood in to make it three.

In the end Hart did hold on to his place with the Three Lions, but Gareth Southgate called up four goalkeepers, including Nick Pope, whose fairytale season was getting better and better.

James Tarkowski was also in the squad for the first time and while Pope would remain on the bench for both games it was the centre back who would become Burnley's latest England international when he played the full match in the Wembley draw with Italy, although a controversial VAR call would see him concede a late penalty.

Back on club duty the Clarets were inching closer to Europe. March ended with a trip to West Brom and a third successive win.

For the first time Barnes and Wood were unleashed from the start and again they were both on the scoresheet. It was Barnes who would score a goal to remember, an acrobatic hooked volley in the first half that put the visitors ahead, before Wood made it two with 17 minutes to go.

Salomon Rondon would make it a nervy finale but the Clarets held on to round off a perfect month.